The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where is your common sense? This is a discussion group about our beliefs. Speak your beliefs here.
Where is yours? Stop being lazy and read what has already been written.
Put it in your own words. Highlight what you want to say and condense it.
When I link to something, most of the time, it has already been condensed. For me to condense it more would do what was said no justice, and would only add to confusion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
God is love. 1st John 4:8 (KJV) 1st John 4:16 (KJV)

We cannot even know what love is, unless we understand Who He is, and if He is the Trinity, as the Church has believed and taught from the start, then we need to understand the Trinity if we are to understand love.

God's Truth

God is love. 1st John 4:8 (KJV) 1st John 4:16 (KJV)

We cannot even know what love is, unless we understand Who He is, and if He is the Trinity, as the Church has believed and taught from the start, then we need to understand the Trinity if we are to understand love.

That is not what the Bible says.

The Bible says that if you obey Him you will know Him.

God's Truth

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not what the Bible says.

The Bible says that if you obey Him you will know Him.

Nihilo Has the secret.

Galatians 5:22-23New American Standard Bible (NASB)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Where is obedience?

1 Corinthians 12:31New American Standard Bible (NASB)

31 But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 13New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Excellence of Love
13 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus' Spirit is God's Spirit.

Jesus is God the Father with a body.

I have a human's spirit.

God also lives with me.

How do you get that makes me God?

Heretic! Father, Son and Holy Spirit are separate personalities. God the Father did not die on the Cross, the Son did. Get your theology right and come back after you have studied to discuss it. :poly: