The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are right.

Grace is that we no longer have to do all the purification/ceremonial works just to go to an earthly temple where God's Spirit was. Grace is that Jesus purifies us and we become the temple.

We have to do what Jesus say, we just no longer have to get circumcised and do all the other purification works.

Grace is God's unmerited favor.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Right Divider

Body part
What do you mean by receiving Gods grace through unmerited favour? I've never seen that I'm the Bible either. It says that through faith we are saved by the grace of God. We must have believing faith in God.
And what is "believing faith"? I'll bet it's what you do.

If you don't receive it as a gift, you don't receive it at all.

God's Truth

So we can't know truth outside of the Bible?

I.E. Without the Bible we can't know that 2 + 2 = 4?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

If you make up things outside of the Bible, you NULLIFY God's words.

Acts 5:29 Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than human beings!

Acts 1711 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Mark 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it is not from the Bible, then I am not going to believe what you say.

You don't believe the bible anyway so what's the difference.

Grace,” according to the dictionary, is the unmerited favor of God toward mankind. The word “grace” is used over 170 times in the New Testament alone. Grace is not bought. It is a free gift of almighty God to needy mankind. When I picture Jesus Christ dying on the cross, I see the free gift of God’s grace in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. I sing with the songwriter, “Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.” Your human mind, with its philosophy of an equal return for favors done, can hardly comprehend the full meaning of this grace of God. But when you catch, by the inspiration of God, its full meaning, you will leave the limits of human reasoning and revel in the spiritual riches of divine truth and privilege.

Yes, the grace of God is a reality. Thousands have tried, tested, and proved that it is more than a cold creed, a docile doctrine, or a tedious theory. The grace of God has been tested in the crucible of human experience, and has been found to be more than an equal for the problems and sins of humanity.

From Billgraham.org

God's Truth

You don't believe the bible anyway so what's the difference.

Grace,” according to the dictionary, is the unmerited favor of God toward mankind. The word “grace” is used over 170 times in the New Testament alone. Grace is not bought. It is a free gift of almighty God to needy mankind. When I picture Jesus Christ dying on the cross, I see the free gift of God’s grace in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. I sing with the songwriter, “Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.” Your human mind, with its philosophy of an equal return for favors done, can hardly comprehend the full meaning of this grace of God. But when you catch, by the inspiration of God, its full meaning, you will leave the limits of human reasoning and revel in the spiritual riches of divine truth and privilege.

Yes, the grace of God is a reality. Thousands have tried, tested, and proved that it is more than a cold creed, a docile doctrine, or a tedious theory. The grace of God has been tested in the crucible of human experience, and has been found to be more than an equal for the problems and sins of humanity.

From Billgraham.org

I didn't see not one scripture in your post and your defense.