• Total voters

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Be Not Ashamed 2 Tim 1:8 Of Your Testimony

Be Not Ashamed 2 Tim 1:8 Of Your Testimony

I do not have to vote in your man made polls.
No, you do not. Then again, you have stated your disagreement with the very thing being so polled, so why not make it perfectly clear? Why the reason to want to have your cake and eat it as well? :idunno:

You enjoy hiding behind self-righteous claims hoping to rationalize your behavior, but it is not unnoticed by the casual observer on the scene. Let your yea be yea, and your nay be nay. The poll is plain enough for so doing what we are commanded to do.

While we are communicating, I am still hoping to be pointed to your testimony:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ly-confesses&p=4944933&viewfull=1#post4944933

I PM'd you, too, if you are inexplicably unwilling to share it publicly.

AMR

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
No, you do not. Then again, you have stated your disagreement with the very thing being so polled, so why not make it perfectly clear? Why the reason to want to have your cake and eat it as well? :idunno:

You enjoy hiding behind self-righteous claims hoping to rationalize your behavior, but it is not unnoticed by the casual observer on the scene. Let your yea be yea, and your nay be nay. The poll is plain enough for so doing what we are commanded to do.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ly-confesses&p=4944933&viewfull=1#post4944933

AMR

I never thought I'd say this... but... on this single matter... (don't let your hat stop fitting)... you are correct.

I just posted to Nihilo about it. I'll be right back and drop the post under here.

...Ah So! I see it! GT recognizes how (Dt. 6:4 and Rv. 4:2) are absolute fact. She understands that the Spirit and the Logos are truly ONE... but, she's missing everything in between that our very salvation hinges on.

I'll attach my study and exposition to the matter in 3 spoiler formats.
Spoiler
Luke 2:11 and Isaiah 9:6 ... Can anyone but Avi-'ad be called "Avi-'ad"?

His name will be "Avi-'ad" (MIGHTY FATHER)

There is a reckoning between Modalism that minimizes God's TriUne revelation of His salvational work and Polytheism that makes God 3 separate entities acting as one. Modalism denies the relationship of The Father to the Son... it further denies the WORK of the Son and our Marriage to The Son... (Ephesians 5:30). However, to suggest God is not (Dt. 6:4 or Rv. 4:2) is unbiblical. So how do we stay true to Jesus and scripture?

According to Philippians 2:9... Jesus is the Name above all names. This would compliment Isaiah 9:6. And... it does so quite well.

This makes it easy to know with biblical assurance that Jesus is Avi-'ad... as Isaiah says.

And... according to 1 John 4:2 -(sidetrack 1 John 4:2 can be misinterpreted... easily... by people that don't believe that Jesus is God... it is literally saying that to deny that "God"... expressed with the Name above all names...came in "flesh". Once the flesh thing is said... Romans 8:3 must be noted... "likeness" is not "sinful flesh"... lest we accidentally suggest God had ever sinned... is a very bad idea. end of sidetrack)- and 2 John 1:7 ... it's a pretty bad idea to suggest that Avi-'ad didn't walk amongst us in flesh.

This makes a solid case to say... in answer to your question...

Is the Father the only true God?

NO! To say there is "Only" the "Father" would be to deny the "Mystery" of 1 Timothy 3:16 and Colossians 2:9 .

In other words.. we would unknowingly be discarding our hope and salvation, by denying that the Father and the Son are indeed ONE... but at the same time... to deny that the Son is the presence of Avi-''ad married to humanity.

Literally...

Son of God (1 John 4:15)
Son of Man (Matthew 9:6)

Any tampering with this truth is "divorcing" ourselves from the "BrideGroom". (Ephesians 5:30)

Also... to deny that the Father and Son experienced a deep relationship that was genuine... is again a trashing of God's Revelation of Love towards us. (Galatians 4:6 + Romans 8:9 + Philippians 1:19)

I would be glad to express the Holy Spirit as well... but I wanted to focus on your question.... though... Galatians 4:6 would be a good Segway.
Spoiler
Yet... I'm the same person that wrote this...

The Trinity is not a doctrine! The simple matter is God came in Flesh to reveal His Love and true nature to us. He cinched things up along the way by atoning for ALL human sin, then... after departing in His resurrected temple from the Mount of Olives... He returned to all of us who welcome Him in the Name of Jesus and Love, in the formless-in-dwelling presence of the Holy Spirit oF Christ!!!! Philippians 1:19 ... If you want to be spooky with it... He's also known as The Holy Ghost!! Period! Father (Spirit without Form)... The Son is the union of humanity and (The Spirit without form)... The Holy Spirit is the Presence... Literal Presence of God within our Hearts (1 John 2:27; Philippians 1:19; Romans 8:9). The (Three) testify of the ONE.. (Deuteronomy 6:4). I don't care who a person is... to go beyond this is absurd! It's a SPIRITUAL MYSTERY!!! To go beyond scripture is worthless
Spoiler
The mystery of (Deuteronomy 6:4 + 1 John 5:7-8 + Philippians 2:9 + Matthew 28:19 + John 14:9)

Modalism denies that there is a "Mystery" to God joining with all creation... (Hebrews 2:13-14 + Romans 8:3)

Pi3_22.jpg

In this union... "Avi-'Ad" uniquely related to His "Express Image Of Himself" (Hebrews 1:3 + Colossians 1:15) or "Only Begotten Son" (John 3:16) in a genuine Father to Son relationship. He was literally His own Father and Son ... While Humanity was Entrusted with "Avi-'Ad" (Isaiah 9:6) as it's very Son as well. Thus... (Son of Man)

Upon saying "Father, into Thy Hands I commend My Spirit" another sacred union was established... through Christ bearing our sins before the Father.

Pi3_22.jpg

What we are now left with is a REVELATION OF LOVE! This Love binds us to "THE SON" as "THE SON IS BOUND TO THE FATHER". (John 14:7 + John 15:9-17)

f92ef0f0bf450bdf1fb94121c40db8a0.png

We know that Jesus is Avi-'Ad per (Isaiah 9:6)
In this... it could explain why GT doesn't understand grace.

In other words... GT is missing the TriUne Mechanism of Grace that Binds us to Christ, yields the Spirit of Christ within us (Gal. 4:6; Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19) and allows us to step boldly before the Father, as we are dead to our flesh "in" Christ and He, is our "advocate" and image before the Father.

GT is missing the Revelation of our salvation that is seen in God's TriUne expression and majestic mystery. (1 Ti. 3:16)

God's Truth

AMR

I emailed you back, but you have not given me a response.

Your judgments about me are wrong.

I have done nothing wrong and do not deserve the way in which you are judging me.

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every Simple Request is Not a Hill to Die Upon

Every Simple Request is Not a Hill to Die Upon

I have done nothing wrong and do not deserve the way in which you are judging me.
Vote in the poll above. Try not to make every simple request a hill to die upon.

The same goes to your recent interlocutor: @Evil.Eye.<(I)>

If one is going to wax eloquent on the matter, they should at least let their audience know where they stand up front.

AMR

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Vote in the poll above. Try not to make every simple request a hill to die upon.

The same goes to your recent interlocutor: [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

AMR

No sir... she should be your interlocutor... She's already got the U and the L down. She's all yours. "New Calvinist coming through."

And how did you know that my favorite gospel song is "The Old Rugged Cross"?

#Psychic!

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
My discussions with her predate your more recent by a few years...

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?97148-One-on-One-AMR-and-God-s-Truth-—-The-Holy-Trinity

:AMR:

AMR

As do you old man! If you can get her to understand grace... I'll erase all my nasty posts and write you a public apology in a call out of myself authored by myself. She has had theological breakthroughs that are noticeable. I'm sincere.

God bless your dialogue with her.

# I know how much you like my hashtags.

God's Truth

As do you old man! If you can get her to understand grace... I'll erase all my nasty posts and write you a public apology in a call out of myself authored by myself. She has had theological breakthroughs that are noticeable. I'm sincere.

God bless your dialogue with her.

# I know how much you like my hashtags.

You are so disrespectful.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You call AMR 'old man' as if it were an insult.

Proverbs 16:31

But... I would assume AMR is "wise" enough to know my understanding of scripture is expansive and includes such understanding that is veiled in my over the top humor.

I have been genuinely frustrated with AMR, but... I'm getting sick to my stomach right now from all of this sweetness.

# Yuck!

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Grace and Merit Explained

Grace and Merit Explained

As do you old man! If you can get her to understand grace...
It is not that hard to understand. Grace is unmerited favor. Grace is an action or disposition of God toward us.

Merit is that which is earned or deserved. Nothing one did, does, or will do obligates God to dispense His grace.

There is only One Person having claim to merit: Our Lord Jesus Christ.

The condign merit of Our Lord's active and passive obedience is imputed to sinners who have no intrinsic merits. Condign merit is a situation where the action is in direct proportion to the reward, and where the action is of the kind necessary to obtain the reward. Imputation is two-way, towards us, and towards Our Lord. His righteousness is imputed to us, our sins are imputed to Him (2 Cor. 5:21).

More on imputation:
Spoiler

From Cairns, A. (2002). Dictionary of Theological Terms, the term imputation is explained as follows (pp. 225–226):

IMPUTATION

A forensic term that denotes the reckoning or placing to a person’s account the merit or guilt that belongs to him on the basis of his personal performance or of that of his federal head. While impute is used in Scripture to express the idea of receiving the just reward of our deeds (Lev. 7:18; 17:4; 2 Sam. 19:19), imputation as a theological term normally carries one of two meanings:

1. Imputation of Adam’s Sin

First, it describes the transmission of the guilt of Adam’s first sin to his descendants. It is imputed, or reckoned, to them; i.e., it is laid to their account. Paul’s statement is unambiguous:

By one man’s disobedience many were made [constituted] sinners” (Rom. 5:19).​

Some Reformed theologians ground the imputation of Adam’s sin in the real involvement of all his posterity in his sin, because of the specific unity of the race in him. Shedd strongly advocates this view in his Dogmatic Theology. Others—e.g., Charles and A. A. Hodge, and Louis Berkhof—refer all to the federal headship of Adam. The Westminster Standards emphasize that Adam is both the federal head and the root of all his posterity. Both parties accept that this is so. Thus, the dispute is not whether Adam’s federal headship is the ground of the imputation of his first sin to us, but whether that federal headship rests solely on a divine constitution—i.e., because God appointed it—or on the fact that God made him the actual root of the race and gave the race a real specific unity in him.

The theory of mediate imputation has never gained acceptance in orthodox expressions of the Reformed Faith. It is subversive to the entire concept of the imputation of Adam’s sin upon which Paul grounds his exposition of justification by virtue of union with Christ our righteousness (Rom. 5:12–19; 1 Cor. 15:22).

Paul’s statement of the imputation of Adam’s sin to his posterity is stark:
By [through] one man sin entered into the world, and death by [through] sin; so death passed upon all men, for all have sinned” (Rom. 5:12).​

In the AV the clause “for all have sinned” may give the impression that Paul’s argument is that all die like Adam because all, like him, have sinned. But this is not the case. His statement is, “Death passed upon all humanity inasmuch as all sinned.He teaches that all participated in Adam’s sin and that both the guilt and the penalty of that sin were transmitted to them. However we explain the mode of that participation—whether on purely federal or on traducianist-federal grounds—the fact of it stands as a fundamental of the Christian revelation. As the Shorter Catechism says, “The covenant [of works] being made with Adam, not only for himself, but for his posterity, all mankind, descending from him by ordinary generation, sinned in him, and fell with him, in his first transgression” (Question 16, emphasis added.)

2. Imputation of our Sin to Christ and of His Righteousness to Us

Second, imputation has a second major use in Scripture. It describes the act of God in visiting the guilt of believers on Christ and of conferring the righteousness of Christ upon believers. In this sense

“imputation is an act of God as sovereign judge, at once judicial and sovereign, whereby He—(1). Makes the guilt, legal responsibility of our sins, really Christ’s, and punishes them in Him, Isa. 53:6; John 1:29; 2 Cor. 5:21; and (2). Makes the merit, legal rights of Christ’s righteousness, ours, and then treats us as persons legally invested with all those rights, Rom. 4:6; 10:4; 1 Cor. 1:30; 2 Cor. 5:21; Phil. 3:9. As Christ is not made a sinner by the imputation to Him of our sins, so we are not made holy by the imputation to us of His righteousness. The transfer is only of guilt from us to Him, and of merit from Him to us. He justly suffered the punishment due to our sins, and we justly receive the rewards due to His righteousness, 1 John 1:8, 9”
- (A. A. Hodge, Outlines of Theology, chap. 30, Q. 15).

The fact of this imputation is inescapable:
By the obedience of one [Christ] shall many be made righteous” (Rom. 5:19).​

The ground of it is the real, vital, personal, spiritual and federal union of Christ with His people. It is indispensable to the biblical doctrine of justification. Without it, we fail to do justice to Paul’s teaching, and we cannot lead believers into the comfort that the gospel holds out to them. That comfort is of a perfect legal release from guilt and of a perfect legal righteousness that establishes a secure standing before God and His law on the basis of a perfect obedience outside of their own subjective experience.

The double imputation of our sin to Christ and of His righteousness to us is clearly laid down in 2 Cor. 5:21:
He hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”​

Hugh Martin’s paraphrase catches the meaning precisely: “God made him, who knew no sin, to be sin for us, who knew no righteousness, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” That Paul means us to understand a judicial act of imputation is clear. God did not make Christ personally a sinner. The reference is not to Christ’s subjective experience. He was as personally sinless and impeccable when He was bearing our sins on the cross as He had ever been. What Paul is describing is God’s act of reckoning our sin to Christ so as to make Him legally liable for it and all its consequences. Similarly, while believers are not by any means righteous in their subjective experience, God reckons to them the full merit of Christ’s obedience in life and death (Rom. 5:18, 19). That righteousness, not any attained virtue, is the ground of a believer’s acceptance with God.

The merit of Christ comes to us by grace through faith. When considering one's salvation there is no such thing as congruent merit (merit with a little help, as in performing good works and obligating God for reward).

We grow in grace, not by a quantitative measure of some substance in us, but by the merciful assistance of God the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, acting graciously toward us and upon us. The means of grace God gives to assist us in our walk of faith include Scripture, the sacraments, prayer, fellowship, and the nurture of the church.

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame