The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

So you do believe that the originals are perfect?

As perfect as man could write them. But as years past man copied and recopied and mistakes were made. Some were added to, some were changed. To bad there were no printing presses in the first century.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As perfect as man could write them. But as years past man copied and recopied and mistakes were made. Some were added to, some were changed. To bad there were no printing presses in the first century.

Man wrote them under the inspiration of God. They were perfect.

keypurr

The original only, I will agree to that.

How do you not know if I am writing under the inspiration of God?

What proof do you offer that some folks on this earth right now are not doing so as we speak?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I can not find the book I was looking for but these two books might be of interest to you. The author is a well known scholar from the University of North Carolina.

Forged

The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture

Both by Bart Ehrman.

I have the e-books, well worth your time to read.

Only the originals would be perfect, and they are gone.

Your unable to see my thoughts jamie.

So you do believe that the originals are perfect?

The original only, I will agree to that.

How do you not know if I am writing under the inspiration of God?

What proof do you offer that some folks on this earth right now are not doing so as we speak?

Keypurr, do you think that God could write a book and possibly make it redundant enough so that the message remains the same through thousands of years, even if there were transliteration/translation errors? Didn't God say that He wrote His word on our hearts?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited:

keypurr

Keypurr, do you think that God could write a book and possibly make it redundant enough so that the message remains the same through thousands of years, even if there were transliteration errors? Didn't God say that he

I think Satan has done a lot to distort truth. Read the books I mentioned, they are interesting.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Keypurr, do you think that God could write a book and possibly make it redundant enough so that the message remains the same through thousands of years, even if there were transliteration/translation errors? Didn't God say that He wrote His word on our hearts?

His word has been misquoted in places. How do we know that the word in our hearts are from him?

If they promote love for God and his Son I accept them. Scripture needs to be proved, to pass the line of reason to build a faith on. That line of reason is set differently in everyone.

God wrote a great book but mankind does not digest it enough. We all tend to see what we want to see in it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
His word has been misquoted in places. How do we know that the word in our hearts are from him?

Because the Bible is the Word of God, and He tells us in it that He put that word on our hearts. There was an incident many years ago where the King James Version had a typo in Exodus, where it said "Thou shalt Murder."

Instantly, everyone who read it knew it wasn't right, that the "not" had been left out. You and I both recognize that murder is wrong, and that God does not lie, so then the versions that said the above must be wrong.

That's what is meant by having the word of God written on our hearts.

If they promote love for God and his Son I accept them. Scripture needs to be proved, to pass the line of reason to build a faith on. That line of reason is set differently in everyone.

Keypurr, have you ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? If not, (and even if you have) you should read up on them.

If you were to compare the DSS with today's modern Bibles, you would see, other than syntax and grammatical differences, that it is for all intents and purposes identical to our Old Testament (of the parts that we have of the Dead Sea Scrolls). This is solid evidence that at least since the Scrolls were written, the Bible has been carefully passed down as verbatim as is humanly possible through millennia, with very few errors.

God wrote a great book but mankind does not digest it enough. We all tend to see what we want to see in it.

Unfortunately you're right. But the problem isn't that they don't digest it, it's that many Christians (or people who claim to be) don't even know what the Bible actually says about murder, theft, homosexuality, adultery, etc, because they don't read it. It's not that God's Word is inadequate. Far from it. It's that people are inadequate in their knowledge of the Scriptures.

keypurr

Because the Bible is the Word of God, and He tells us in it that He put that word on our hearts. There was an incident many years ago where the King James Version had a typo in Exodus, where it said "Thou shalt Murder."

Instantly, everyone who read it knew it wasn't right, that the "not" had been left out. You and I both recognize that murder is wrong, and that God does not lie, so then the versions that said the above must be wrong.

That's what is meant by having the word of God written on our hearts.

Keypurr, have you ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? If not, (and even if you have) you should read up on them.

If you were to compare the DSS with today's modern Bibles, you would see, other than syntax and grammatical differences, that it is for all intents and purposes identical to our Old Testament (of the parts that we have of the Dead Sea Scrolls). This is solid evidence that at least since the Scrolls were written, the Bible has been carefully passed down as verbatim as is humanly possible through millennia, with very few errors.

Unfortunately you're right. But the problem isn't that they don't digest it, it's that many Christians (or people who claim to be) don't even know what the Bible actually says about murder, theft, homosexuality, adultery, etc, because they don't read it. It's not that God's Word is inadequate. Far from it. It's that people are inadequate in their knowledge of the Scriptures.

Ever wonder why the Bible was not given to us to understand it completely?

Why is it so hard to see the secrets that it contains.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I have no trouble at all understanding the Bible. God wrote a book that is very clear, enough that a child can read and understand it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

When you started reading the Bible, did you dive right in to specific issues? or did you try to understand the big picture, and get an overview of the entire Bible?

keypurr

When you started reading the Bible, did you dive right in to specific issues? or did you try to understand the big picture, and get an overview of the entire Bible?

I was grew up as a Baptist, but by my teens I questioned if scripture was from God. While in the Navy I met a man who convinced me to read it through. He was a SDA. He got my interest moving to learn more. My first goal was to pass my line of reason that the Bible was real. I did that when I about twenty, with the books of Daniel and Revelation. I never stopped learning since. That was many years ago friend. I studied a lot of churches over those years.

My thoughts come from many sources. I try to see the content by questioning all without assuming. I do my best to keep my mind open to what could be. It was four years ago that it all came together for me.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I was grew up as a Baptist, but by my teens I questioned if scripture was from God. While in the Navy I met a man who convinced me to read it through. He was a SDA. He got my interest moving to learn more. My first goal was to pass my line of reason that the Bible was real. I did that when I about twenty, with the books of Daniel and Revelation. I never stopped learning since. That was many years ago friend. I studied a lot of churches over those years.

My thoughts come from many sources. I try to see the content by questioning all without assuming. I do my best to keep my mind open to what could be. It was four years ago that it all came together for me.

That doesn't really answer my question, Keypurr. Did you start with learning details? Or did you try to get an overview first?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How do we know that the word in our hearts are from him?

That's easy, we compare the word in our heart with scripture to see if they match.

The word in your heart doesn't match scripture and is a fine example of false teaching.

We were warned about you in scripture.