The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

You don't know or understand the English language very well do you? It's ok if you don't, I don't know or understand the Japenese language very well

Maybe I can help, in English, seeing as it's my first language :)

John 20

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to.my God, and your God

John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Revelation 3

Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and.I will write upon him.my new name..He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

1 Corinthians 11

But I would have you know that the head of every man in Christ and the head of the woman is the man and the head of Christ is God”

Mark 10

“Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God”

1 Timothy 2

For there is one God and one mediator between God and man,the man Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 8

And that is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth. But to us.there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

1 Peter 3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ

Ephesians 1

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him

Revelation 1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John

1 Corinthians 15

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Hebrews 1

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God,.even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Philippians 2

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Acts 5

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

NWL

So the Apostle was wrong when he said that? That's your position?

Meshak and I share some of the same beliefs so maybe I could come to her aid.

No person who believes the Father alone is God almighty denies that Jesus, in a sense, is referred to as God. The only difference is what type of God Jesus is.

The meaning of the word God, to the apsotles, ancient Hebrew and Greek speakers wasn't limited to one sense as it is in English today, the word God also referred to other divine, powerful beings.

If it were true that someone being called God in the scriptures automatically demanded them to be the ulitmate God of the universe then we wouldn't know who to worship as many individuals in the Bible are referred to as God.

Satan is called God, (ho theos), 2 Cor 4:4 reads "in whom the God of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving"

Jesus calls some Jews Gods, read John 10:34, "Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"?"

An Israelite King, thought to be David, is called God, read Psalms 45:1,5 "I recite my verses for the king...Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever"

As cleary shown above others are called God. We MUST be consistent in our reasoning, if Jesus being called God means that he is God almighty then you must apply the same standard to the passages shown above, which would mean, King David is God Almighty, Satan is God Almighty as are some of the Jews of old.

Jesus being called God does'nt make him almighty God, the scriptures are clear to whom the identity of the one true God is, "there is but one God, the Father" (1 Cor 8:6). We must use scripture to intepret scripture.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Death is a form of punishment. The death penalty for a capital crime is not considered to be a form of positive reinforcement for the convicted person.

Eternal death is a form of eternal punishment. The second death is forever, no recovery.

Scripture indicates Satan will suffer eternal punishment. He will become ashes forever.

Ashes are not another form of life and death is not another form of life.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I endorse the trinity concept: Father, Son, Bride. This is the God family, i.e. the kingdom.

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" (Revelation 22:17)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Death is a form of punishment. The death penalty for a capital crime is not considered to be a form of positive reinforcement for the convicted person.

Eternal death is a form of eternal punishment. The second death is forever, no recovery.

Scripture indicates Satan will suffer eternal punishment. He will become ashes forever.

Ashes are not another form of life and death is not another form of life.

well said!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
well said!
Revelation 20:11-15 King James Version (KJV)

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

drbrumley

Who raised Jesus from the Dead? An important question.

Who raised Jesus from the Dead? An important question.

[MENTION=12045]jamie[/MENTION], [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION], [MENTION=3801]keypurr[/MENTION] [MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION], [MENTION=15324]NWL[/MENTION]

I have always been fascinated by the resurrection. So the question becomes, who raised Jesus from the dead? Well, just so happens Luke tells us in the Book of Acts 3:14,15.

14 But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, 15 and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses.

But it gets better. The Apostle Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 1:9,10

9 For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

So we here have identified God the Father as the one who raised Jesus. I would hope we all can agree with this scripture. We wouldn't want it any clearer than that.

Now that is where our agreement ends. Hopefully after this discussion we can agree on much more than this.

Because from here on out, is where our study begins. Who raised Jesus from the Dead? An Important Question.

So, we have discovered God the Father raised Jesus from the dead.

But the scriptures do not stop there at answering the question. If you go back to John 2:19-21, Jesus Christ says:

19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
21But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

So here we find Jesus says He will raise Himself from the dead. Is this not correct? I am reading this right, right?

And if this is true, we find that God the Father raised Jesus from the dead (Acts 3:15), Jesus raising Himself from the dead (John 2:19-21 and now this if as we needed anymore proof at who raised Jesus. Paul in Romans 8:11 tells us:

11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Now the Sprit raised Jesus from the Dead. Interesting. What's up with that?

So according to the scripture I provided you fine folks, who raised Jesus from the Dead?

Perhaps, all three? The Trinity.....

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
[MENTION=12045]jamie[/MENTION], [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION], [MENTION=3801]keypurr[/MENTION] [MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION], [MENTION=15324]NWL[/MENTION]

I have always been fascinated by the resurrection. So the question becomes, who raised Jesus from the dead? Well, just so happens Luke tells us in the Book of Acts 3:14,15.

So we here have identified God the Father as the one who raised Jesus. I would hope we all can agree with this scripture. We wouldn't want it any clearer than that.

Now that is where our agreement ends. Hopefully after this discussion we can agree on much more than this.

Because from here on out, is where our study begins. Who raised Jesus from the Dead? An Important Question.

But the scriptures do not stop there at answering the question. If you go back to John 2:19-21, Jesus Christ says:

So here we find Jesus says He will raise Himself from the dead. Is this not correct? I am reading this right, right?

And if this is true, we find that God the Father raised Jesus from the dead (Acts 3:15), Jesus raising Himself from the dead (John 2:19-21 and now this if as we needed anymore proof at who raised Jesus. Paul in Romans 8:11 tells us:

So according to the scripture I provided you fine folks, who raised Jesus from the Dead?

Well said.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Excellent post, the Father is the only God.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

I have been pondering on this all day. If you understand my thoughts you know that I see a spirit son that dwelled in Jesus. My thoughts are that on the cross this spirit went back to the father but the body of Jesus died. Since I believe that the spirit son spoke through Jesus and did not die in the human form, so Christ could have raised Jesus. God did everything through his Son and the Holy Spirit.

Thanks for the challenge friend.