The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Okay, so refute the little graphic I posted a few pages back. Show where it misrepresents what the Bible says.

I'll wait.
Here's the image again, for you, [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION].
c913293a19a15541c0f3e0739e5243c4.jpg

glorydaz

The physical temporal manifestation will never be wholly equal to the Creator.

Made up.

So God somehow becomes less when He manifests Himself in a form which man can see? That isn't even possible. Rather than God becoming less, he adds the temporal so He can be seen. Like the burning bush or the pillar of cloud, for instance.

Exodus 3:1-6
1Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. 2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. 3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. 5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground. 6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

popsthebuilder

Oh, so you're playing that card -- the Bible can't be trusted/must have been corrupted because you don't like what it says.
Uhm.....no.....the word person or persons isn't used in the Bible to describe the trinity doctrine.

You are adding it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

lifeisgood

God the FATHER is a SPIRIT,...

God the FATHER is NOT 'a' SPIRIT.

God the Father is Spirit. (Jn. 4:24)

THE SPIRIT who created all things; the Father made Himself a body and then made everything through that body. The Father's Spirit also flows from Him in an unlimited manner. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one and the exact same.

Above good example of convoluted doctrine.

====
BTW:
-Jesus is NOT the Father with a physical body.
-Jesus is NOT the Holy Spirit with a physical body.
-God the Father is NOT called a Son.
-The Holy Spirit is NOT Jesus with a physical body.

popsthebuilder

Ok, so we've established that Adam is a person.

Was Adam made "in the image and likeness of God" (with all that that entails)?

I'll get to this with my line of thought.

No....we've established that Adam WAS a person, with a spirit.

Surely in the likeness to some extent as scripture plainly states.

You need to clarify what all you think that entails before we move forward and too understand and admit that Adam was a person and had a spirit while a person.

popsthebuilder

Had your answer being obvious, popsthebuilder, I would have understood it.

You are very evasive in some of your answers.

I believe the question demanded a simple, 'yes' or 'no'.
I believe it was answered quite simply and plainly. That you can't grasp it is an indicator. Or perhaps you do understand and just don't like it. Which would be off seeing as how it is scriptural.

popsthebuilder

Made up.

So God somehow becomes less when He manifests Himself in a form which man can see? That isn't even possible. Rather than God becoming less, he adds the temporal so He can be seen. Like the burning bush or the pillar of cloud, for instance.

Exodus 3:1-6
1Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. 2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. 3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. 5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground. 6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
No. Not at all.

The Spirit is without change.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

popsthebuilder

Reactions: Lon

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

I understand it well, yet fail to see how to make it more simple to understand. Most need some way to understand the nature of God is beyond human thought and boundaries, and it becomes an act of faith to hold it as true.

We could say persona, yet most think of 'persona; as being a character, such that God plays different role, which is false.
God's eternal essence act upon the creation and humans in individual ways, yet not as separate divine beings, which is all most can imagine who reject the divinity of Christ.

popsthebuilder

He can't handle it so he's going to pretend it misrepresents the Bible or some other lie.
The Bible mentions GOD, the Angel of the Lord, the Spirit of GOD, the Holy Spirit, the Holy Ghost, and the physical manifestation of GOD; all of which are of the same eternal Spirit/ GOD ALMIGHTY, not people.