The Terrible God of Calvinism

Nanja

The Gospel calls for a responce. No responce, no salvation, Hebrews 4:2.

The Election of Grace already had Salvation, forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:7, before they ever believed,
called upon the Lord, or ever responded to the Gospel.

2 Tim. 1:8-9
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the
afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling,
not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

The works / efforts of man have nothing at all to do with them obtaining Salvation Eph. 2:8-9.
But the Election of Grace will believe the Truth because they have been Chosen of God!

2 Thes 2:13-14
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because
God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But the non-elect God decreed to everlasting destruction for their sins, according to His Purpose in Election.

Rom. 9:11
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God
according to election might stand
, not of works, but of him that calleth)

~~~~~

NickCharles

One would have great difficulty finding someone on this planet that has not heard that Christ died on the cross for sinners.

Just pointing out your ignorance: my church is sponsoring missionaries to go to Papua New Guinea. They will go out to some crazy backwoods area where people have not heard the gospel.

I guess they are willing to be those who will, with difficulty, share the gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
Just pointing out your ignorance: my church is sponsoring missionaries to go to Papua New Guinea. They will go out to some crazy backwoods area where people have not heard the gospel.

I guess they are willing to be those who will, with difficulty, share the gospel.

It has been reported by missionaries that some remote tribes say that the Gospel is written in the stars.

See, Joseph A. Seiss book "The Gospel in the Stars"

No one has been left out my unbelieving friend.

NickCharles

It has been reported by missionaries that some remote tribes say that the Gospel is written in the stars.

See, Joseph A. Seiss book "The Gospel in the Stars"

No one has been left out my unbelieving friend.

So now you want to contradict Paul in Romans 10. When will you start believing scripture?

NickCharles

No contradiction.

Salvation has been provided for all, but not all want it.

14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?
15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!" - Romans 10:14-15

Your view contradicts Paul.

Robert Pate

Banned
14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?
15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!" - Romans 10:14-15

Your view contradicts Paul.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ, Hebrews 3:15. You have apparently hardened you heart.

You want to believe that God is a mean, cruel tyrant that enjoys createing reprobates so that he can send them to hell.

NickCharles

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ, Hebrews 3:15. You have apparently hardened you heart.

You want to believe that God is a mean, cruel tyrant that enjoys createing reprobates so that he can send them to hell.

I believe that Paul was telling the truth. You believe he was lying. I'm going with Paul.

NickCharles

No, you go against Paul.

Really? You said people could receive the gospel without anyone ever showing up. I'll repeat what Paul said:

Notice that it says "someone preaching". Nothing about stars. So you are the one who does not believe Paul.

Robert Pate

Banned
Really? You said people could receive the gospel without anyone ever showing up. I'll repeat what Paul said:

Notice that it says "someone preaching". Nothing about stars. So you are the one who does not believe Paul.

I know of some that have been saved by just reading the Bible.

musterion

One would have great difficulty finding someone on this planet that has not heard that Christ died on the cross for sinners.

Even if you did, there is still the Law written in the hearts of all, which at some point all have violated. So not hearing the Gospel would not be an excuse.

NickCharles

and even if you did, there is still the law the law written in the heart of all, which all at some point have violated. So not hearing the Gospel would not be an excuse.

Right. Because everyone is a lawbreaker, even those who are a law unto themselves.