The Terrible God of Calvinism

Robert Pate

Banned
Even if you did, there is still the Law written in the hearts of all, which at some point all have violated. So not hearing the Gospel would not be an excuse.

Right.

I have found that people that have repentant hearts are the ones that come to Christ.

musterion

Right.

I have found that people that have repentant hearts are the ones that come to Christ.

Because it's the natural flipside to John 3:19-20, which is still as true today as it was then.

Isn't it strange that John would write, "...does not come to the Light" when in reality they cannot come to the Light? (if Calvinism is true)

Didn't John know better?

Robert Pate

Banned
Because it's the natural flipside to John 3:19-20, which is still as true today as it was then.

Isn't it strange that John would write, "...does not come to the Light" when in reality they cannot come to the Light? (if Calvinism is true)

Didn't John know better?

Sometimes people are broken because of financial loss or the loss of a loved one.

Right after world war 2 many became Christians.

Dialogos

It has been reported by missionaries that some remote tribes say that the Gospel is written in the stars.

See, Joseph A. Seiss book "The Gospel in the Stars"

No one has been left out my unbelieving friend.

I see, so there is no need for any evangelists, the gospel is in the stars....

:nono:

You still don't see it do you.

Why do some get to hear a preacher proclaiming the gospel using God's word, and others have to dope out the so called gospel in the stars by gazing into the sky on a clear night?

Does that sound "fair" to you?

NickCharles

I see, so there is no need for any evangelists, the gospel is in the stars....

:nono:

You still don't see it do you.

Why do some get to hear a preacher proclaiming the gospel using God's word, and others have to dope out the so called gospel in the stars by gazing into the sky on a clear night?

Does that sound "fair" to you?

I'll help. "God has reconciled the world to Himself". Rinse. Repeat.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Didn't John know better?

Wouldn't this come under the heading of God's having subjected them to vanity?

By the way that having nothing to do with their own will.

Romans 8:20 KJV

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am still not sure how God's actions, as posited by Reformed Folk make him "unjust." If only those who go to hell, go to hell for their own sin, God is not unjust.

Well, first of all, Reformed folk are utterly wrong about most things.
Second of all, Reformed folk are utterly wrong about most things.

Brother Ducky

Well, first of all, Reformed folk are utterly wrong about most things.
Second of all, Reformed folk are utterly wrong about most things.

That may or may not be true. I would like to think I am educable, but again, that may or may not be true.

However, if one resorts to insults, rather than argument, how in the all human beings [i.e. world] can I be educated?

I asked a question based on a fairly common assertion, that is "God would be unjust if...." If that is the case, it should be easy to make a defense of the position. What makes it unjust when God does it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That may or may not be true. I would like to think I am educable, but again, that may or may not be true.

However, if one resorts to insults, rather than argument, how in the all human beings [i.e. world] can I be educated?

I asked a question based on a fairly common assertion, that is "God would be unjust if...." If that is the case, it should be easy to make a defense of the position. What makes it unjust when God does it.

I'm speaking in generalities.

glorydaz

What is unjust is the motive man attributes to God.

Robert Pate

Banned

You are assuming that God does unjust things. God is NEVER unjust, nor does he do unjust things.

Calvinism requires that you must believe that God is unjust.

Robert Pate

Banned
So God is unjust because poor poor Adam was a creature subject to loving himself more than the creator?

Adam was created as innocent. He was not created to sin against his creator. But he had a free will. A free will that was so free that he could sin against his creator if he so desired. We have that same free will. God does not create robots and puppets like you think. What glory does that bring to God?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

Defend your position. How is it just for God to send a man to hell who never had a chance to respond to him? More fully develop your view on God's mercy and grace. 2 Pe 3:9, Ac 17:27

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Adam was created as innocent.

Innocent of having committed a crime.

He was not created to sin against his creator.

Maybe maybe not.

However all men do.

Why is that?

But he had a free will. A free will that was so free that he could sin against his creator if he so desired. We have that same free will.

Being subject to vanity has an affect on one's will does it not?

God does not create robots and puppets like you think.

How does being a creature that loves itself more than the creator make one a robot or puppet?

What glory does that bring to God?

Ummm, God is bringing us to glory, not the other way around.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Defend your position. How is it just for God to send a man to hell who never had a chance to respond to him? More fully develop your view on God's mercy and grace. 2 Pe 3:9, Ac 17:27

Israel believed there was a God, yet still sought thier own righteousness not God. Vain imagination.

Paul's audience believed there was a God, yet they did not seek him.
They also worshiped their own imaginations.

All men are subject to vanity.

Last edited: