The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Ducky

Is this through the scope of judging man by foreknowledge, or a literal pre-creation design of wicked people?

Not sure that theories of the lapse is of practical import.

From our perspective, via foreknowledge/choice. From our perspective, God's choice is from a pool of people who are by nature objects of wrath, and whose very existence is due to the grace of God who did not physically kill Adam in the garden.

nikolai_42

Much appreciated reminder, AMR. I usually copy my full post before submitting, but for some reason jumped too quickly this time. It certainly makes more sense to compose offline first. After this, I will make more of an effort to remember to do so...

I wonder if Puritan writings would have been so voluminous if they had the technologies we do?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Not sure that theories of the lapse is of practical import.

From our perspective, via foreknowledge/choice. From our perspective, God's choice is from a pool of people who are by nature objects of wrath, and whose very existence is due to the grace of God who did not physically kill Adam in the garden.

Did God create "Objects" of wrath?

daqq

Did God create "Objects" of wrath?

Two vessels from the selfsame lump of clay as already shown:
Rom 9:13-26, Jer 18:1-6, Jer 19:1-11, Isa 29:14, 15, 16, and Isa 64:6, 7, 8.

And every man is a lump of clay as has also already been discussed in several different ways. What Reform and Calvinism does is to essentially reject the will of the Potter Himself, who says that He has the right to make them twain; for first comes the old man Esau nature, the natural man, a vessel fit to dishonor and destruction: then comes the second vessel, the new man which is born out of the destruction of the old. It is an allegory which when made into literal physical individual human beings, as Calvinism and Reform indeed do in their theology, ends up assigning literal physical individual human beings into destruction simply because God wills it to be so. They deny the right of the Creator Himself to make from themselves two vessels from the selfsame single lump of clay, themselves, so that they have no need to actually repent or change themselves: but this unfortunate set of circumstances comes at the expense of fellow human beings whom they assign to eternal hell fire just because those people do not agree with their own "elect" doctrines.

Carnal Minded Man -vs- Spiritual Minded Man
Old Man -vs- New Man
Pharaoh -vs- Moses
Ishmael -vs- Isaac
Esau -vs- Jacob

Elohim hardens the heart of the old man so that Elohim may destroy him and bring about a new birth, an Elohim seed, (Malachi 2:15), a holy one, the new man; and this is fulfilled in Messiah if we carry out his holy Testimony in our own lives: two vessels of spirit from the one single selfsame lump of clay. In this way of thinking there is NO UNRIGHTEOUSNESS with Elohim because He is not predetermining any one of His own individually created human beings into destruction just because He wills it to be so. Instead He has predetermined that each and every individual must part himself asunder, and render unto Caesar the things that be of Caesar, and render unto Elohim the things of Elohim. We therefore are required, as He says, to CLEAVE away unto Him if we love Him. Thus the "old man" must be crucified, mortified, put to death, allowed to die off on the vine: and Messiah is the only True Vine because his holy Testimony shows us how to do these things and become pleasing to his and our heavenly Father.

Rom 9:13-26, Jer 18:1-6, Jer 19:1-11, Isa 29:14, 15, 16, and Isa 64:6, 7, 8. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Much appreciated reminder, AMR. I usually copy my full post before submitting, but for some reason jumped too quickly this time. It certainly makes more sense to compose offline first. After this, I will make more of an effort to remember to do so...

I wonder if Puritan writings would have been so voluminous if they had the technologies we do?

I will indeed render my response. But I will wait until you have posted this matter in your own way and words. Scripture is welcome.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Daqq,

I don't think Calvin invented replacement doctrine. It is Jesus' teaching. Spiritual Israel is Jesus' teachings which MADs vehemently deny.

BTW, I am not Calvinist.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Daqq,

I don't think Calvin invented replacement doctrine. It is Jesus' teaching. Spiritual Israel is Jesus' teachings which MADs vehemently deny.

BTW, I am not Calvinist.

Your speciality is division and strife.

I would much rather work with [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] and recognize we may have different theology, then to work with people who exalt doctrines of men. [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] gleans from only scripture.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your speciality is division and strife.

I would much rather work with [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] and recognize we may have different theology, then to work with people who exalt doctrines of men. [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] gleans from only scripture.

Why are you so offended? what did I say wrong?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
He chose those whom he would save. The others are already objects of wrath.

I fully understand the quote...

...paraphrase...

The only thing that a man contributes to his salvation is the sin that caused his need for it.

But...

Can man choose to believe of his own "freewill" if he is reprobate?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Your citing of extra biblical works being okay to view scripture with has set "your" theological strawman ablaze.

THEOLOGY IS NOT 'EXTRA BIBLICAL WORKS', THEY ARE INTERPRETATIONS BASED ON THE SCRIPTURES.

You and daqq are just imbeciles, I'm done wasting my time with you two :wave2:

daqq

Daqq,

BTW, I am not Calvinist.

Replacement of what? The Father is SPIRIT and thus are all His children born. Always has been and always will be. That is why all of the holy seedline genealogies are father-to-son; for the holy seed is produced by way of the preaching and the hearing of the Word of Truth. This is expounded in the Parable of the Sower and other similar idioms and proverbs. The preaching of righteousness began with the son of Seth, that is, Enosh, who is called the first herald or preacher of righteousness, (Gen 4:26), and that is why 2Pet 2:5 calls Noah the eighth herald or preacher of righteousness, (though not many English translations appear to understand what the text is truly saying). The holy seed is by the Spirit of the Word having been sown in the soil of the heart and bringing forth fruit, (producing offspring).

1) Enosh - first herald of righteousness, (Genesis 4:26 YLT)
2) Cainan - second herald of righteousness
3) Mahalaleel - third herald of righteousness
4) Jared - fourth herald of righteousness
5) Enoch - fifth herald of righteousness
6) Methuselah - sixth herald of righteousness
7) Lamech - seventh herald of righteousness
8) Noah - the eighth herald of righteousness (2 Peter 2:5 KJV)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.