ECT the Sixth Hour in John 19:14.

0scar

Oscar, I believe the Bible. But I don't know that what you are saying is true. I have no way to confirm it. Therefore I am not telling you that I believe it.

OK
then you dont know that John is saying that Jesus was at the Gabbatha by the sixth hour, not yet sentenced. You have never red it in the Bible. and you have never read Mark saying that Jesus was crucified at the Golgotha by the third hour.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
OK
then you dont know that John is saying that Jesus was at the Gabbatha by the sixth hour, not yet sentenced. You have never red it in the Bible. and you have never read Mark saying that Jesus was crucified at the Golgotha by the third hour.
Incorrect. You make three statements here. One, I don't know. Two, I don't believe so. Three, I may have.

Are you telling me you are putting two gospel accounts together and this is your result?

0scar

Jesus was at the Gabbatha by the sixth hour not yet sentenced. FALSE?/TRUE?
Jesus was crucified at the Golgotha at the third hour. FALSE?/TRUE?

lifeisgood

John begins his whole account of Jesus’ audience with Pilate by noting that it was “early morning” (Jn. 18:28). This reference follows immediately after Peter and the rooster crowing incident. Roosters, of course, can crow at any time, but are most famous for signaling the beginning of a new day.

This is perfectly consistent with Mark’s account. The previous evening, Jesus and the disciples traveled from the upper room to the Mount of Olives and then to Gethsemane. The disciples fell asleep, and Jesus had to wake them in order to meet the arresting mob. Mark records the rooster crowing incident, and notes that the Jews delivered Jesus to Pilate “in the morning” (Mk. 15:1).

A skeptic might doubt that the events at the Prætorium took place at such an early hour (i.e., before 6 a.m.), but there is no evidence for this objection, and there is no inconsistency in the Gospel accounts.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=584

0scar

John begins his whole account of Jesus’ audience with Pilate by noting that it was “early morning” (Jn. 18:28). This reference follows immediately after Peter and the rooster crowing incident. Roosters, of course, can crow at any time, but are most famous for signaling the beginning of a new day.

This is perfectly consistent with Mark’s account. The previous evening, Jesus and the disciples traveled from the upper room to the Mount of Olives and then to Gethsemane. The disciples fell asleep, and Jesus had to wake them in order to meet the arresting mob. Mark records the rooster crowing incident, and notes that the Jews delivered Jesus to Pilate “in the morning” (Mk. 15:1).

A skeptic might doubt that the events at the Prætorium took place at such an early hour (i.e., before 6 a.m.), but there is no evidence for this objection, and there is no inconsistency in the Gospel accounts.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=584

Isn't John 19:14 enough ebidence that Jesus was at the Gabbatha by the sixth hour? Isn't that inconsistent with the traditional version of a crucifixion same morning before the third hour? Would you call Saint John an skeptic?

lifeisgood

Isn't John 19:14 enough ebidence that Jesus was at the Gabbatha by the sixth hour? Isn't that inconsistent with the traditional version of a crucifixion same morning before the third hour? Would you call Saint John an skeptic?

John “early morning” (Jn. 18:28) immediately after Peter and the rooster crowing incident.

This is perfectly consistent with “in the morning” of Mk. 15:1.

There is no inconsistency in the Gospel accounts.

lifeisgood

still to be answered

John “early morning” (Jn. 18:28) immediately after Peter and the rooster crowing incident.

This is perfectly consistent with “in the morning” of Mk. 15:1.

lifeisgood

"The Jews and the Romans used different standards for reckoning the hours of the day"

that is an INTENTIONAL LIE. we all know that Romans counted hours exactle the same way as ALL civilizations of the I Century.
ARE THEY CHRISTIANS?

As a skeptic you will not accept anything that goes contrary to what you want to hear.

Is John's “early morning” (Jn. 18:28) not early morning?

Is “in the morning” of Mk. 15:1 not in the morning?

0scar

As a skeptic you will not accept anything that goes contrary to what you want to hear.

Is John's “early morning” (Jn. 18:28) not early morning?

Is “in the morning” of Mk. 15:1 not in the morning?

There is not any inconsesty in the Gospels. the inconsistensy is in your interpretation.
Jesus was at Pilate since early morning (John 18:28), was still at Pilate by noon (John 19:14), and even later.

please, do not repeat the LIE that the sixth hour is 6am

lifeisgood

There is not any inconsesty in the Gospels. the inconsistensy is in your interpretation.
Jesus was at Pilate since early morning (John 18:28), was still at Pilate by noon (John 19:14), and even later.

please, do not repeat the LIE that the sixth hour is 6am

"early morning" John 18:28
and
"in the morning" Mk. 15:1.

0scar

"early morning" John 18:28
and
"in the morning" Mk. 15:1.

there is no inconsistency in the gospels account. the inconsistency is in the traditional veersion of the Pasion in one morning. John 1914 clearly states that Jesus was at Pilate at noon and after noon.

rstrats

lifeisgood,

When John 19:14 says the sixth hour, what do you think that means? It is the sixth hour in relation to what?