ECT the Sixth Hour in John 19:14.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Gospels cleraly says, and all sincere christians know very well, and do confess that Jesus ended the first day of Unleavened Bread being alive and free. That is what christians loving the Worrd of God do know and confess. What you are saying is just religious tradition without any basis at all.
Whose religious tradition then?

I am not attached to a tradition. If you think I am, name the tradition. I am reading the Bible. Passover begins at the beginning or just before the feast of unleavened bread, according to the Bible. The preparation for the Passover is before the feast of unleavened bread.

0scar

Whose religious tradition then?

I am not attached to a tradition. If you think I am, name the tradition. I am reading the Bible. Passover begins at the beginning or just before the feast of unleavened bread, according to the Bible. The preparation for the Passover is before the feast of unleavened bread.
thanks
that very day, Jesus instructed Peter and John to prepare the Passover, they prepared the Passover, and coming the evening (next day) Jesus celebrated the Passover being alive and free.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
thanks
that very day, Jesus instructed Peter and John to prepare the Passover, they prepared the Passover, and coming the evening (next day) Jesus celebrated the Passover being alive and free.
And what religious tradition would this be?

0scar

Ant how...
what we are discussing... and so far it is getting very clear, is that John 19:14 is saying that Jesus was at the Gabatha, being trial by Pilate, at noon.

0scar

And what religious tradition would this be?

the religious tradition of all denominations i know, sustain that Jesus was crucified the same day of his arrest.
we know it is wrong.
Jesus was at the Gabattha by noon, being trial by Pilate, and at that time, he was not yet sentences.
and Jesus was at the Golgotha by 9am, already crucified.
it has to be a following day, not the same day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
the religious tradition of all denominations i know, sustain that Jesus was crucified the same day of his arrest.
we know it is wrong.
Jesus was at the Gabattha by noon, being trial by Pilate, and at that time, he was not yet sentences.
and Jesus was at the Golgotha by 9am, already crucified.
it has to be a following day, not the same day.
Some believe Jesus was arrested on Thursday and crucified on Friday (which would be the next day).

But do you believe a day begins and ends with the coming of evening at sunset or sundown?

0scar

Some believe Jesus was arrested on Thursday and crucified on Friday (which would be the next day).

But do you believe a day begins and ends with the coming of evening at sunset or sundown?

I know on which day of the week Jesus was crucified, but that is not the issue here.
I know at what time a jew day commences and ends, and makes no difference here.

Jesus was at the Gabbatha being trial by Pilate by noon.
After that
Jesus was crucified in the Golgotha by 9 mid-morning.

If we counts days commencing midnight it was the next day.
If we counts days commencing at sunset it was the next day.
If we counts days commencing sunrise it was the next day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know on which day of the week Jesus was crucified, but that is not the issue here.
I know at what time a jew day commences and ends, and makes no difference here.

After that

If we counts days commencing midnight it was the next day.
If we counts days commencing at sunset it was the next day.
If we counts days commencing sunrise it was the next day.
I thought Jesus was arrested after sunset. Was He?

0scar

I thought Jesus was arrested after sunset. Was He?

After that

what different makes the hour of his arrest days before his crucifixion?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
After that

what different makes the hour of his arrest days before his crucifixion?
Jesus was arrested in the evening after sunset, after a meal with His disciples... not before.

0scar

Jesus was arrested in the evening after sunset, after a meal with His disciples... not before.

Jesus was not arrested in the evening... not according with the Gospels. What you are refering to is to the christian tradition that has not point in common with the actual Pasion as we read in the Gospels. Jesus was arrested near sunrise.

any how
at noon Jesus was at the Gabbatha being trial by Pilate (John 19:14).
After that
Jesus was crucified in the Golgotha by mid-morning.

obviously Jesus was not crucified the same day of his arrest as falsely proposed by the christian tradition.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was not arrested in the evening... not according with the Gospels. What you are refering to is to the christian tradition that has not point in common with the actual Pasion as we read in the Gospels. Jesus was arrested near sunrise.

any how
After that
Jesus was crucified in the Golgotha by mid-morning.

obviously Jesus was not crucified the same day of his arrest as falsely proposed by the christian tradition.
I thought or think evening ends with sunrise.

0scar

I thought or think evening ends with sunrise.

Jesus was arrested just before sunrise (if you think that the name of that part of a day is call "evening" or if it is "morning" it is irrelevant)

After that
Jesus was crucified in the Golgotha by mid-morning (Mark 15:25).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was arrested just before sunrise (if you think that the name of that part of a day is call "evening" or if it is "morning" it is irrelevant)

After that

I believe it was dark when Jesus was arrested. It was not before sunset or sundown.

0scar

I believe it was dark when Jesus was arrested. It was not before sunset or sundown.

what are you personal preferences is irrelevants for all of us.

After that

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

After that

obviously, your personal interpretations are irrelevant to me only. maybe other people too. you can't seem to move past the basic, smallest details. just me again, but i don't think you are changing anyones mind or helping anyone. i'm not really sure what you are trying to prove or what points you are making - :patrol:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

After that

That it was dark is not a preference.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The crucifixion occurred on the preparation day for Passover.

There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day for the sepulchre was nigh at hand. (John 19:42)​

0scar

obviously, your personal interpretations are irrelevant to me only. maybe other people too. you can't seem to move past the basic, smallest details. just me again, but i don't think you are changing anyones mind or helping anyone. i'm not really sure what you are trying to prove or what points you are making - :patrol:

I am trying to prove that Jesus was at Pilate a day by noon and crucified next day by 9am. And despite that it is writen clearly in the Gospels - with no need of personal interpretation - all of you are not recieving it.

You believe in a traditional Gospels, and refuse to accept the real Gospel.

0scar

The crucifixion occurred on the preparation day for Passover.

There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day for the sepulchre was nigh at hand. (John 19:42)​

Nisan 20th
14 Now it was the Preparation Day for the Passover, about noon. He told the Jewish leaders, “Here is your king!”

Nisan 21st
25 It was nine in the morning when they crucified him.