The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry to break this to you, but you have zero understanding of the scriptures!

Here are the scriptures you asked for.

Bible Verses About Free Will

Bible verses related to Free Will from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance - Sort By Book Order

Proverbs 16:9 - A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Joshua 24:15 - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

John 7:17 - If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself.

Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

John 1:12-13 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: (Read More...)

2 Timothy 2:26 - And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Galatians 5:16-17 - [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Read More...)

Romans 10:9-10 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Read More...)

Genesis 2:16-17 - And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: (Read More...)

Psalms 37:23 - The steps of a [good] man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: (Read More...)

Romans 13:2 - Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Mark 8:34 - And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Ezekiel 18:30-32 - Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. (Read More...)

Robert Pate

Banned
Here are the scriptures you asked for.

Bible Verses About Free Will

Bible verses related to Free Will from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance - Sort By Book Order

Proverbs 16:9 - A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Joshua 24:15 - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

John 7:17 - If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself.

Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

John 1:12-13 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: (Read More...)

2 Timothy 2:26 - And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Galatians 5:16-17 - [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Read More...)

Romans 10:9-10 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Read More...)

Genesis 2:16-17 - And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: (Read More...)

Psalms 37:23 - The steps of a [good] man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: (Read More...)

Romans 13:2 - Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Mark 8:34 - And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Ezekiel 18:30-32 - Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. (Read More...)

I don't think that you are going to get a response, you just killed their Calvinist God.

God's Truth

Yall just alike, preaching salvation by works, by the will and deeds of man !

Robert Pate and you are the ones who teach the same. How do you ever get that Pate's teaching of dead faith is equal to living faith that I preach? Robert and you are the two that are half siblings. Jesus says for us to believe and obey him. You say no Jesus, save me first. Robert says No Jesus, I will believe but not obey.
You both are in a contest to see who does the least obedience to Christ.

God's Truth

I answered your question now answer mine. Do you and B57 have a free will?

He is in a false denomination like you are all because you both did not obey Jesus.

That is why there are false denominations at all.

Calvinists do not believe the scripture which says no other gospel; and that is what faith alone does too is teach another gospel. HOWEVER, the only way from the beginning of time is believe and obey God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert Pate and you are the ones who teach the same. How do you ever get that Pate's teaching of dead faith is equal to living faith that I preach? Robert and you are the two that are half siblings. Jesus says for us to believe and obey him. You say no Jesus, save me first. Robert says No Jesus, I will believe but not obey.

We are called to obey Jesus. But you should know in your heart that you are failing miserably. Because you don't think that you are failing miserably this makes you, "The Chief of All Pharisees" This was the problem with the Pharisees, they thought like you that they were without sin.

"Even so outwardly you appear righteous unto men, but within you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity" Matthew 23:28.

God's Truth

We are called to obey Jesus. But you should know in your heart that you are failing miserably. Because you don't think that you are failing miserably this makes you, "The Chief of All Pharisees" This was the problem with the Pharisees, they thought like you that they were without sin.

"Even so outwardly you appear righteous unto men, but within you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity" Matthew 23:28.

Oh so now you claim we are supposed to obey except we just cannot obey.

Just because you do not obey does not mean you can preach another gospel that says we cannot and don't have to.

beloved57

Both of you teach salvation by works!

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh so now you claim we are supposed to obey except we just cannot obey.

Just because you do not obey does not mean you can preach another gospel that says we cannot and don't have to.

The sermon on the mount is an impossibility. No one except Jesus himself can live up to the sermon on the mount.

Nanja

The sermon on the mount is an impossibility. No one except Jesus himself can live up to the sermon on the mount.

Salvation is not by works that a man does, but by the Grace of God given all His Elect before the world began.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

God's Truth

Salvation is not by works that a man does, but by the Grace of God given all His Elect before the world began.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Nanja, tell me what the Jews used to have to do sanctify themselves before God; and, tell me why they were the chosen and elected.

God's Truth

Both of you teach salvation by works!

I definitely do.

I am called great by those in heaven.

Matthew 5:19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

beloved57

I definitely do.

I am called great by those in heaven.

Matthew 5:19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You are a false teacher that rejects Christ and is full of pride and self righteousness, and teach salvation by works just like pate.

Nanja

Nanja, tell me what the Jews used to have to do sanctify themselves before God; and, tell me why they were the chosen and elected.

Rom. 9:8
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:
but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom. 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
So what is it that Jesus was saying then, something ironic, sarcastic? What word would you use for the things Jesus said we had to do.

Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as yourself" Do you love your neighbor as yourself? If the answer is yes, then find a neighbor that is poor and give him half of your possessions.