The Simplicity of the Gospel of Christ

beloved57

...and you have to obey too.

John 5:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.
Christ obeyed for me and made me Righteous, so did He keep His own commandments ?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Christ obeyed for me and made me Righteous, so did He keep His own commandments ?

You have to keep his commandments too.

You don't have to give up the glory Jesus had in heaven, and come here and die for us, but you do have to obey Jesus.

beloved57

You have to keep his commandments too.

You don't have to give up the glory Jesus had in heaven, and come here and die for us, but you do have to obey Jesus.
Jesus obeyed God for me and kept all of God's commandments perfectly, and made me Righteous. Are you saying that what Christ did for me wasn't enough to make me Righteous before God ?

God's Truth

Nameless,

You know you cannot love your neighbor if you do not obey Jesus' teachings.

What kind of home for the Lord are you making if you are lusting after you neighbor's wife?

Do you think Jesus wants to live in that kind of environment?

God's Truth

John 14:23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

What kind of home do you have in your heart for Jesus if you do not obey?

God's Truth

Jesus obeyed God for me and kept all of God's commandments perfectly, and made me Righteous. Are you saying that what Christ did for me wasn't enough to make me Righteous before God ?

Jesus obeyed and you too have to obey.

Believe what Jesus plainly says.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Tulip is all through the Bible- Old and New- like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate.

That's about as simple as it gets :rolleyes:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They have taught you wrong. Every scripture that they taught you is from error.

You know the beauty of scripture, GT?
It's right there for anyone to read. So why don't you bring some of that scripture so I can tell you how wrong you are :rolleyes:

We boast the label 'Reformed' for a very good reason- Calvinists are very well orthodox and traditional, could you really say the same of your church, with it's undoubtedly contemporary bias?

Meh.
Good luck with that.

God's Truth

You know the beauty of scripture, GT?
It's right there for anyone to read. So why don't you bring some of that scripture so I can tell you how wrong you are :rolleyes:

We boast the label 'Reformed' for a very good reason- Calvinists are very well orthodox and traditional, could you really say the same of your church, with it's undoubtedly contemporary bias?

Meh.
Good luck with that.

All denominations teach falseness.

If you want to know God's Truth and not some denomination's truth, then you can know for yourself.

You do not need anyone to teach you.

All you need is to find Jesus' teachings and obey them.

Jesus will teach you and give you the Holy Spirit.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
All denominations teach falseness.

If you want to know God's Truth and not some denomination's truth, then you can know for yourself.

You do not need anyone to teach you.

All you need is to find Jesus' teachings and obey them.

Jesus will teach you and give you the Holy Spirit.

Pfft

There's 500 different versions to that.

beloved57

You cannot throw away any of Jesus' teachings.

Jesus says he obeyed God and that we are to obey him.
Jesus is God, and Jesus has obeyed God for me and made me Righteous, how is that throwing away Jesus teaching ?