The Simplicity of the Gospel of Christ

beloved57

Do you know if there's life after this life?

Do you know where you will spend eternity?

1 Mans Problem: "Sin"

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

2 God's Provision: "THE CROSS"

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "Christ died for our sin according to the scriptures; and that he was buried,and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."

3 God's Gift: "SALVATION"

Romans 6:23b "...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

4 Man's Responsibility: "FAITH"

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

5 The Result: "PEACE WITH GOD"

Romans 5:1 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

6 The Assurance: "SEALED "

Ephesians 1:13 "In whom [Christ] ye also trusted, after that, ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise..."

7 The Life: "A LIVING SACRIFICE"

Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

An observation...

Sometime ago, right after I had just finished walking someone thru points 1 thru 6, and they related their having trusted in Christ based on the above, I then asked them a question along the line of "so what is your understanding of all that; what is your understanding of what happens now, when you sin?"

I asked them that in an attempt to prepare them against what they were bound to run into at one point or another - the ever endless, religious treadmill of men in their ignorance not only of the sufficiency of the Cross as to its' having completely paid the sin debt, but of its power over sin.

Also, in an attempt to help get them started in an understanding of the battle they had just entered into between their new life in Christ, and their old life in Adam.

When I asked this individual 'so, now what happens when you sin?' they responded with "well, Christ died for my sins, so that means I am forgiven."

But then a smirk came over their face, much like that cartoon cat's "Sylvestor" whenever he spots his dream meal "Tweety Bird."

At which point they asked me "Wait, a minute; that means I can live anyway I want; right?" that smirk still on their face.

But when one knows the Word, rightly divided (Genesis thru Revelation in light of Romans thru Philemon) such moments do not produce the panic of "I tawt a taw a cat!"

Rather, clarity - not only as to what one is actually dealing with, but as to how to handle such moments - is the result.

I recall thinking 'okay, they get it. Just on a handful of passages, they have been able to see that the Cross has paid for their sins. But this is a brand spanking new believer; time for some mind renewal as to their new life in Christ.'

So I took them to Romans 12:1-2, and then basically related to them that their response had been out of what those two passages assert is next after points 1-6, above.

From there, we turned to...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

And said to them 'this right here, in Romans 6 begins to address the kind of moment you have just experienced...'

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

I explained to them that their question about living anyway they wanted just because, where sin abounded, grace did abound much more, was basically the issue of how they had been used to looking at things prior to their new life in Christ, interjecting itself into their new life because that old viewpoint had long since become a habit.

'This is much like when you first move a light switch from a location on the wall you have been used to, to a new location; the first few days, you do what?' I asked.

"I keep reaching for where it used to be" they replied.

'Same thing' I said 'you have a new life now; time for some mind renewal...'

We explored some of that, and parted company...

But that is basically the Simplicity of both the Gospel of Christ and of the Life of Christ in the New Believer.

Romans 6:7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin."

This promotes salvation by works, by what a person does, not by what Jesus Christ did alone.

Robert Pate

Banned
This promotes salvation by works, by what a person does, not by what Jesus Christ did alone.

No one will be saved that does not respond to Christ and his Gospel.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them which heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

This also fits with...

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (The Gospel) Romans 10:17.

If you want to be saved you will have to hear and believe the Gospel. There is no other way.

beloved57

No one will be saved that does not respond to Christ and his Gospel.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them which heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

This also fits with...

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (The Gospel) Romans 10:17.

If you want to be saved you will have to hear and believe the Gospel. There is no other way.
That's salvation by works, by what a person does, and not by what Christ did alone.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
That's salvation by works, by what a person does, and not by what Christ did alone.

You have just been shown that faith comes by hearing and believing the Gospel. Yet you reject God's word.

You are in denial of the Gospel and justification by faith.

beloved57

You have just been shown that faith comes by hearing and believing the Gospel. Yet you reject God's word.

You are in denial of the Gospel and justification by faith.
You don't believe God's word, you promote salvation by works, by what a person does.

Danoh

Do you know if there's life after this life?

Do you know where you will spend eternity?

1 Mans Problem: "Sin"

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

2 God's Provision: "THE CROSS"

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "Christ died for our sin according to the scriptures; and that he was buried,and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."

3 God's Gift: "SALVATION"

Romans 6:23b "...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

4 Man's Responsibility: "FAITH"

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

5 The Result: "PEACE WITH GOD"

Romans 5:1 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

6 The Assurance: "SEALED "

Ephesians 1:13 "In whom [Christ] ye also trusted, after that, ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise..."

7 The Life: "A LIVING SACRIFICE"

Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

An observation...

Sometime ago, right after I had just finished walking someone thru points 1 thru 6, and they related their having trusted in Christ based on the above, I then asked them a question along the line of "so what is your understanding of all that; what is your understanding of what happens now, when you sin?"

I asked them that in an attempt to prepare them against what they were bound to run into at one point or another - the ever endless, religious treadmill of men in their ignorance not only of the sufficiency of the Cross as to its' having completely paid the sin debt, but of its power over sin.

Also, in an attempt to help get them started in an understanding of the battle they had just entered into between their new life in Christ, and their old life in Adam.

When I asked this individual 'so, now what happens when you sin?' they responded with "well, Christ died for my sins, so that means I am forgiven."

But then a smirk came over their face, much like that cartoon cat's "Sylvestor" whenever he spots his dream meal "Tweety Bird."

At which point they asked me "Wait, a minute; that means I can live anyway I want; right?" that smirk still on their face.

But when one knows the Word, rightly divided (Genesis thru Revelation in light of Romans thru Philemon) such moments do not produce the panic of "I tawt a taw a cat!"

Rather, clarity - not only as to what one is actually dealing with, but as to how to handle such moments - is the result.

I recall thinking 'okay, they get it. Just on a handful of passages, they have been able to see that the Cross has paid for their sins. But this is a brand spanking new believer; time for some mind renewal as to their new life in Christ.'

So I took them to Romans 12:1-2, and then basically related to them that their response had been out of what those two passages assert is next after points 1-6, above.

From there, we turned to...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

And said to them 'this right here, in Romans 6 begins to address the kind of moment you have just experienced...'

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

I explained to them that their question about living anyway they wanted just because, where sin abounded, grace did abound much more, was basically the issue of how they had been used to looking at things prior to their new life in Christ, interjecting itself into their new life because that old viewpoint had long since become a habit.

'This is much like when you first move a light switch from a location on the wall you have been used to, to a new location; the first few days, you do what?' I asked.

"I keep reaching for where it used to be" they replied.

'Same thing' I said 'you have a new life now; time for some mind renewal...'

We explored some of that, and parted company...

But that is basically the Simplicity of both the Gospel of Christ and of the Life of Christ in the New Believer.

Romans 6:7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin."

Bump

Interplanner

The light switch analogy is less compelling than a new romance analogy. For ex., there's Sparks THE RESCUE in which the firefighter saves a woman and her children from a burning house and she is utterly devoted to him, bordering on obsession.

God's Truth

Peter says you are an uneducated mentally unstable person, and James says you are foolish.

I believe Peter and James, and Paul.

No one in the Bible ANYWHERE says to have faith and do nothing else.

Did God really say to do this and do that?

That is what the deceiving snake said.

Why do you sound as if you took the bait?

God's Truth

Peter says you are an uneducated mentally unstable person, and James says you are foolish.

I believe Peter and James, and Paul.

No one in the Bible ANYWHERE says to have faith and do nothing else.

Did God really say to do this and do that?

That is what the deceiving snake said.

Why do you sound as if you took the bait?

There are people here who, when I repeat what the apostles to Jesus says, the writers of the Bible say...there are people who think I am dead wrong, cursed, lost, and condemned.

According to you people, to repeat God breathed words is to lie, sin, and repeat falseness.

God's Truth

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

I am asking you people here, did God really say to do this and do that?

Did God only say one thing and that one thing is to believe?

Don't be so deceived.

God never ever told anyone they never have to obey except for one magical thing and that is to believe.

Faith alone is dead and cannot say anyone.

Faith alone is not the way, it is not the good news.

God's powerful word is the the good news, and he tells us more than to just believe.

Last edited:

God's Truth

James 1:16 Don't be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

God's Truth

Having faith in God does not automatically make you do what God says to do.

There are many people who believe in God and have faith but do not obey.

They rest on your evil false teachings.

So you think you have faith alone but you obey?

You might claim you have faith alone, but what you are doing is what counts too.

You might claim you only have faith alone, but you are being a false teacher and are hindering others from knowing the truth.

beloved57

Having faith in God does not automatically make you do what God says to do.

There are many people who believe in God and have faith but do not obey.

They rest on your evil false teachings.

So you think you have faith alone but you obey?

You might claim you have faith alone, but what you are doing is what counts too.

You might claim you only have faith alone, but you are being a false teacher and are hindering others from knowing the truth.

Christ obeyed God for many and it made them righteous Rom 5:19 !

beloved57

Christ obeyed God and we have to obey Christ.

Many, many scriptures tell us that.

The Christ I serve, His Obedience became my obedience before God, and it makes me Righteous ! Rom 5:19. God now views me as obedient to Him as His Own Son was. Was Jesus obedient to God His Father ?

God's Truth

The Christ I serve, His Obedience became my obedience before God, and it makes me Righteous ! Rom 5:19. God now views me as obedient to Him as His Own Son was. Was Jesus obedient to God His Father ?

God did not do away with all the words of Jesus saying we have to obey.

God sees us clean and righteous through the blood of Christ, but that does not mean we do not have to obey Jesus.

Jesus doesn't even save you unless you do what he says to do.