The Serious Consequences of NOT Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

jsanford108

The Serious Consequences of NOT Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

All sin is atoned for in Christ! Those who have Christ by faith are cleansed from all sin while those who abide in unbelief are still in their sins. You fight against the truth with every post but your arguments get shot down over and over and over.

Was this meant to be directed at me?

Allow me to clarify my position, just in case.

Christ cannot have atoned for every sin. Simple logic illustrates this. If hell exists, which it does, then there must be sin that is not atoned for. Hell is a place of punishment for sin. If all sin is atoned for, then there can be no hell. The existence of hell therefore, negates the notion that all sins have been atoned for.

This is simple logic and fact. Substantiated by evidence throughout Scripture.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned

Christ cannot have atoned for every sin. Simple logic illustrates this. If hell exists, which it does, then there must be sin that is not atoned for. Hell is a place of punishment for sin. If all sin is atoned for, then there can be no hell. The existence of hell therefore, negates the notion that all sins have been atoned for.

If there is one sin that Jesus did not atone for then Jesus is Not Lord.

Why is it that you cannot believe what the Bible says? 1 John 2:2.

No one will go to hell because their sins have not been atoned for. What they will go to hell for is because they have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for them by Jesus Christ.

Epoisses

This reminds me of the Calvinist double jeopardy argument that Christ could not have died for all sin because many end up in hell to be punished for their lives of sin. People end up in hell because of their unbelief in Christ not because of their lives of sin. Unbelief is the root cause of all sin not theft and adultery and coveting so if there is an unpardonable sin it is grieving the Holy Spirit by unbelief.

way 2 go

Was this meant to be directed at me? Allow me to clarify my position, just in case. Christ cannot have atoned for every sin. Simple logic illustrates this. If hell exists, which it does, then there must be sin that is not atoned for. Hell is a place of punishment for sin. If all sin is atoned for, then there can be no hell. The existence of hell therefore, negates the notion that all sins have been atoned for. This is simple logic and fact. Substantiated by evidence throughout Scripture.
what limits Jesus atonement ?

Brother Ducky

This reminds me of the Calvinist double jeopardy argument that Christ could not have died for all sin because many end up in hell to be punished for their lives of sin. People end up in hell because of their unbelief in Christ not because of their lives of sin. Unbelief is the root cause of all sin not theft and adultery and coveting so if there is an unpardonable sin it is grieving the Holy Spirit by unbelief.

I believe Jesus said the unpardonable sin was blaspheming the Holy Spirit. But even so, if there is an unpardonable sin, and Jesus says there is, then Jesus could not have atoned for all sin.

Are you arguing that unbelief is not a sin? Belief is nowhere commanded?

Brother Ducky

All sin is atoned for in Christ! Those who have Christ by faith are cleansed from all sin while those who abide in unbelief are still in their sins. You fight against the truth with every post but your arguments get shot down over and over and over.

What is atonement and what does it do?

jsanford108

If there is one sin that Jesus did not atone for then Jesus is Not Lord.

Why is it that you cannot believe what the Bible says? 1 John 2:2.

No one will go to hell because their sins have not been atoned for. What they will go to hell for is because they have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for them by Jesus Christ.

Is rejecting God's gift a sin?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jsanford108

Is unbelief not a sin? If so, then not "all sins have been atoned for."

jsanford108

what limits Jesus atonement ?

Nothing has limited Christ. However, people have provided inaccurate interpretations, which lead to false doctrines that contradict Scripture.

If a doctrine is contradictory, then it cannot be logical, and not based entirely on Scripture. God, as the author of logic, cannot be illogical. So He cannot have atoned for "all sin," yet damn people to Hell, for sin.

beloved57

gloryd

Well, God has done his part...atoned for all sin and reconciled all of mankind to Himself. That leaves but one thing left undone, which is for each of us to "be reconciled" to God.

A denial of Rom 5:10 that states those Christ died for are or have been reconciled to God by His Sons Death Rom 5:10

10 [FONT=&quot]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.[/FONT]

Robert Pate

Banned
Nothing has limited Christ. However, people have provided inaccurate interpretations, which lead to false doctrines that contradict Scripture.

If a doctrine is contradictory, then it cannot be logical, and not based entirely on Scripture. God, as the author of logic, cannot be illogical. So He cannot have atoned for "all sin," yet damn people to Hell, for sin.

You seem to think that you have it all figured out. God's ways are not your ways, Isaiah 55:8.

It is all about faith. No faith, no salvation, John 8:24.

beloved57

The forgiveness of sins is not yours unless it is received as a gift from God.

False teaching, those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 so they are forgiven of their sins while being enemies. Sin is not charged to the reconciled 2 Cor 5:19

[FONT=&quot]To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

[/FONT]
And sins not imputed are forgiven Rom 4:7-8

[FONT=&quot]7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

So this manifests another pate falsehood against Truth !
[/FONT]

Charles94

What is painfully obvious, yet you don't seem to realize, is that rejecting God's command to believe in Jesus is a sin... God says to repent and believe, so if you don't do that, you are sinning and missing the mark.

You also have yet to explain how someone can be at enmity with God (Rom8:5-8) and yet love Him enough to want His gift of salvation. You're foolish to believe that people are "free" to choose anything at all, as if Donald Trump might have stepped into the voting booth and voted for Hillary or vice-versa. We choose based on who we are and based on what we love and understand. (1Cor2:14)

You think you became a Christian because you were smart enough to accept God's gift, but the scriptures say not to boast because His choice was foundational and it is because of Him that we are in Christ Jesus. (1Cor1:26-30) Jesus said the Pharisees could not come to Him because they were not His sheep (John10:26,27), so how does a Pharisee like Paul who has zeal without knowledge become a sheep so that he can hear and believe? It takes a miracle to change someone's nature - that's why it is impossible with man. (Jer13:23, Luke18:27)

You seem to think that you have it all figured out. God's ways are not your ways, Isaiah 55:8.

God is logical. You should take your own advice and actually read Isa55:8. Heck, don't stop there.

Isa55:11So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

God's word cannot be returned void by human will. The human will isn't strong enough.

You posture and preen and claim to stand willing to judge your Creator as unjust for taking credit away from Lydia and her free will by claiming to first "open her heart" to the gospel. (Acts16:14) If the God of the Bible really demands credit for "giving the increase" in His Church (1Cor3:7), then you are eager to condemn Him.

Watching you and the rest of your ungodly cohorts who sneer and say "Does the Most High really know?" (Psa73:11-12) pathetically attempt to judge the Judge at the last day will probably be comical...

You still have time to repent and turn to the real Jesus of the Bible and not your imaginary one, but I suspect you still love Aristotle too much.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What is painfully obvious, yet you don't seem to realize, is that rejecting God's command to believe in Jesus is a sin... God says to repent and believe, so if you don't do that, you are sinning and missing the mark.

You also have yet to explain how someone can be at enmity with God (Rom8:5-8) and yet love Him enough to want His gift of salvation. You're foolish to believe that people are "free" to choose anything at all, as if Donald Trump might have stepped into the voting booth and voted for Hillary or vice-versa. We choose based on who we are and based on what we love and understand. (1Cor2:14)

You think you became a Christian because you were smart enough to accept God's gift, but the scriptures say not to boast because His choice was foundational and it is because of Him that we are in Christ Jesus. (1Cor1:26-30) Jesus said the Pharisees could not come to Him because they were not His sheep (John10:26,27), so how does a Pharisee like Paul who has zeal without knowledge become a sheep so that he can hear and believe? It takes a miracle to change someone's nature - that's why it is impossible with man. (Jer13:23, Luke18:27)

God is logical. You should take your own advice and actually read Isa55:8. Heck, don't stop there.

Isa55:11So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

God's word cannot be returned void by human will. The human will isn't strong enough.

You posture and preen and claim to stand willing to judge your Creator as unjust for taking credit away from Lydia and her free will by claiming to first "open her heart" to the gospel. (Acts16:14) If the God of the Bible really demands credit for "giving the increase" in His Church (1Cor3:7), then you are eager to condemn Him.

Watching you and the rest of your ungodly cohorts who sneer and say "Does the Most High really know?" (Psa73:11-12) pathetically attempt to judge the Judge at the last day will probably be comical...

You still have time to repent and turn to the real Jesus of the Bible and not your imaginary one, but I suspect you still love Aristotle too much.
You believe in a god that created robots

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners. If you don't see yourself as a sinner you don't qualify. I suppose that is why Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Jesus saves sinners, not robots. Calvinist believe that everyone is a robot, including God.