The Serious Consequences of NOT Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

Robert Pate

Banned
You dont believe in Jesus Christ. You believe His death was a failure since you believe sinners He died for can be lost anyways !

There is not one sin in the whole universe that Jesus did not atone for. You are lost because you refuse to accept the free gift of salvation provided by Jesus Christ, Romans 5:18.

Potter's Clay

Obviously there can be. Look at the Pharisees. The Jews. Even agnostics. JW's, Mormons, the list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

You can't possibly believe that the Pharisees, Jews, agnostics, JW's, and Mormons truly believe in God. If that were true, they would have to agree upon the true nature of God. Are you sure you wish to make that extraordinary claim?

jsanford108

I am yet to find someone in scripture who truly believed in God and lost his/her salvation.

From post #172.

Your simple statement was "truly believed in God and lost their salvation."

The Jews and Pharisees truly believed in God. They did not believe Christ.

Granted, Christ being God, one can make the argument that these mentioned do not "truly believe," since they do not trust the words of Christ.

But to deny their belief in God is ignorance. So yes, I stick with my "extraordinary claim."

Even the other cults listed believe in what they have been taught. Ignorance is a powerful tool for denial. Much like your ignorance of people turning from God, despite believing in him. Jonah did it. Judas did it. Peter even denied Christ. Was this not turning momentarily? A loss of faith/fear of what faith brings? Peter did strengthen his faith, yes. But he didn't believe he would deny Christ, despite Christ telling Peter it would be so.

There are some good examples. Jonah, who turned away and was forced to obey. Judas, who believed initially, but forever turned away (he did realize the depths of his actions, afterwards). And Peter, who trusted and believed, didn't fully believe (when Christ mentioned Peter's future denial), denied (a turning away due to fear), yet returned with sorrow, going on to live with a faith above reproach.

Cross Reference

From post #172.

Your simple statement was "truly believed in God and lost their salvation."

The Jews and Pharisees truly believed in God. They did not believe Christ.

Granted, Christ being God, one can make the argument that these mentioned do not "truly believe," since they do not trust the words of Christ.

But to deny their belief in God is ignorance. So yes, I stick with my "extraordinary claim."

Even the other cults listed believe in what they have been taught. Ignorance is a powerful tool for denial. Much like your ignorance of people turning from God, despite believing in him. Jonah did it. Judas did it. Peter even denied Christ. Was this not turning momentarily? A loss of faith/fear of what faith brings? Peter did strengthen his faith, yes. But he didn't believe he would deny Christ, despite Christ telling Peter it would be so.

There are some good examples. Jonah, who turned away and was forced to obey. Judas, who believed initially, but forever turned away (he did realize the depths of his actions, afterwards). And Peter, who trusted and believed, didn't fully believe (when Christ mentioned Peter's future denial), denied (a turning away due to fear), yet returned with sorrow, going on to live with a faith above reproach.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18 (KJV)

Robert Pate

Banned
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18 (KJV)

Good answer.