The Serious Consequences of NOT Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

Truster

"He that trusteth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of Elohim abideth on him" (John 3:36).

Not many actually trust and so wrath abides upon them,

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvinist: "Oh goody for me, God chose me and not you. I must be precious, but not you, you goat. God saw something good in me and chose me to be his very own, but not you, you goat".

Eagles Wings

Calvinist: "Oh goody for me, God chose me and not you. I must be precious, but not you, you goat. God saw something good in me and chose me to be his very own, but not you, you goat".
The saint looks upon their justification, and sanctification with great humility, boasting only in God's mercy and His grace.

beloved57

Actually you boast that God saved you over the next person because of something you did. I dont believe you are saved, however your premise is conducive to boasting !

Brother Ducky

Why do Calvinists not accept the word all to mean all?

Many meanings can have one word. Context is important in helping to determine what is meant.

The biggest problem with Pate tossing "all" and "world" about is his default position is "all human beings." Often not what is meant.

His position if logically followed [Pate is in no danger of this] leads to Universalism.
If God has atoned for all sin of all people and has reconciled all people to Himself, on what basis can God have any in Hell?

Pate has hell populated with sinless people. Actually Pate has God re-imputing sin, but of course can give no verse that states that.

Epoisses

Many meanings can have one word. Context is important in helping to determine what is meant.

The biggest problem with Pate tossing "all" and "world" about is his default position is "all human beings." Often not what is meant.

His position if logically followed [Pate is in no danger of this] leads to Universalism.
If God has atoned for all sin of all people and has reconciled all people to Himself, on what basis can God have any in Hell?

Pate has hell populated with sinless people. Actually Pate has God re-imputing sin, but of course can give no verse that states that.

The Calvinists will always make an unlimited atonement into Universalism which are two completely different things. Lon the deceiver is an expert at this and when called on it by me he went crying to Knight and had me banned. Calvinists are liars and deceivers and bigots and are despised by all Christians from Catholic to Orthodox to Protestant. I don't even consider them as Christian because they have no love for their fellow man. They remind me a lot of SDA with their holier than thou attitudes.

Brother Ducky

The Calvinists will always make an unlimited atonement into Universalism which are two completely different things. Lon the deceiver is an expert at this and when called on it by me he went crying to Knight and had me banned. Calvinists are liars and deceivers and bigots and are despised by all Christians from Catholic to Orthodox to Protestant. I don't even consider them as Christian because they have no love for their fellow man. They remind me a lot of SDA with their holier than thou attitudes.

Not a lot of love in this post.

And not a lot of explanation of how universal atonement does not logically lead to Universalism.

Brother Ducky

To profess that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is blasphemy against the Gospel and the Holy Spirit. It may be the unforgiveable sin, simply because no one can be saved without faith in Christ and his Gospel. A limited atonement is a profession that one does NOT have faith in Christ and his Gospel. There can be NO Gospel if Jesus only atoned for some sins and not all sin,

It is very good news that Jesus atoned for all sins of some people.

glorydaz

True.

Well, God has done his part...atoned for all sin and reconciled all of mankind to Himself. That leaves but one thing left undone, which is for each of us to "be reconciled" to God.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

No, hell is populated with unbelievers.

John 16:7-11
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.​

Nang

TOL Subscriber
True.

Well, God has done his part...atoned for all sin and reconciled all of mankind to Himself. That leaves but one thing left undone, which is for each of us to "be reconciled" to God.

Prime example of a synergistic (false) gospel message.

Such denies the sovereignty and ability of God to save, monergisticaly, who He wills.

Brother Ducky

True.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

No, hell is populated with unbelievers.

John 16:7-11
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.​

If God has atoned for all sin and reconciled all, the call to be reconciled is meaningless.
John in this passage is defining at least some sin as unbelief. But if all sin is atoned for, the sin of unbelief is already dealt with. So again, with universal atonement hell is populated with sinless people.