ECT The salt that lost his savour

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why the gap between the sacrifice and the blotting out of sins?

Think!
Yeah.
For someone that puts so much effort into explaining that before means before, it's gonna be interesting to see how he spiritualizes away that the spring harvest did not happen before the fall harvest.

So glad to have another here at TOL that pays attention to details.
Thanks, STP!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those who are of the world (earth) speak of the earth, what they see and hear, and what they know naturally. But we who are born from above by God's Spirit speak of what we see and hear of Him, but the natural man will not receive our testimony, because it is spiritually discerned.

The spiritual things are manifest in the physical world, but in order to understand the many mysteries in the symbolism's, proverbs, parables and deep things of the Lord, you must first have the mind of the Spirit.

This is how the Holy Spirit teaches.....1 Corinthians 2:13
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
Jesus spoke of earthly things.

I.S.I.T.

The whore they hate is the Mother of harlots.

If you claim that the Mother represents all the unfaithful of the world, then you must think the 10 horns that hate her and make her desolate are not among the unfaithful.
But that's not what's going on.

I didn't make that claim. I said the woman playing the harlot has that name written on/in her forehead, which speaks of the way one thinks. It does not say the kings of the earth hate the Mother, but the woman (who has played) the harlot by taking up the ways of the world. If I have the name of the holy city of God written in my forehead, that does not make me the whole of the city does it? It speaks of having that Spirit.

There are 2 spiritual Mothers that produce children by their spirit. The Mother of this world is called wickedness, and the Mother from above is called Wisdom.

This is what you are missing in what I am saying.

Hosea 4:12
My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God.

Hosea 5:4
They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not known the Lord.

I.S.I.T.

Yeah.
For someone that puts so much effort into explaining that before means before, it's gonna be interesting to see how he spiritualizes away that the spring harvest did not happen before the fall harvest

That's your straw man, you seem to be good at trying to misrepresent what I say. :)

SaulToPaul 2

1. Passover
2. Unleavened Bread
3. First Fruits
4. Pentecost

5. Trumpets
6. Day of Atonement
7. Tabernacles

Spring fulfilled at first coming, Fall will be fulfilled at second coming.

So, how then can we look forward to the atonement, but also look back at having already received it? (Romans 6).

Insanity ensues if we attempt to do that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You must be the forum trouble maker? Or perhaps an assistant to another trouble maker? :)

No. I'm the "KINGPIN." Mostly I consider myself a form of "False doctrine/false gospel ANTIBODY" who travels through the TOL body of true believers and attacks/exposes, "toxic phonies."

I.S.I.T.

How can you look forward to the atonement and look back at the atonement at the SAME TIME, without becoming confused?

You needed to clarify which atonement you are talking about.

Romans 5:11
And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First you need to understand who God's Son is, by which God created all things. :)
I have no doubts that The Son created.

Colossians 1:16 KJV
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:​

But knowing or not knowing that has no bearing on the question of how many times He was slain.

We know that Jesus Christ was slain on the cross.
Which means it was definitely after creation, for there could be no cross without creation.

So was that the only time He was slain, or was there also another time He was slain with no cross before creation?

It's quite simple really.
Before creation there was nothing but GOD (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
Which means that there could be no cross before creation, unless you want to start claiming that that wooden cross Jesus was slain upon was also GOD.

Look, I'm not trying to trip you up or trick you.
I want to study and discuss.
But in order to do that, one must be willing to answer counter-points.
I'm just trying to sharpen both of us in how we put forth an argument.
The little digs and insults we sling might be fun, but they offer nothing to the argument.
If we can sharpen each other on how to better hone in on an argument, then we will not make the same mistakes by our statements as we might have in the past.

So I've been telling you that your statement of "Obey and follow the commands of Christ" is not accurate for the sheer reason that you readily accept that you do not need to obey all the commands of Jesus Christ.
So that statement needs to be much more precise than how you stated it, otherwise your statement is going to be easily squashed into mush.

It's not so much that your thinking was wrong, but that how you stated it was wrong.

I have learned over the years that some of the ways I stated things were easily dismantled AS STATED, so I learned to be more precise when bringing up that thought again.
And by doing that saves a whole lot of time and needless questions if stated more precisely.

Have a good day.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Before creation there was nothing but GOD (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
Which means that there could be no cross before creation, unless you want to start claiming that that wooden cross Jesus was slain upon was also GOD.

Look, I'm not trying to trip you up or trick you.
I want to study and discuss.

Really?

But in order to do that, one must be willing to answer counter-points.

O.K.

The counter-point to your literalistic rejection of biblical reference to the slaying of Christ . . . is that His crucifixion was decreed in eternity (as revealed in Rev. 13:8), prior to it being fulfilled in time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The counter-point to your literalistic rejection of biblical reference to the slaying of Christ . . . is that His crucifixion was decreed in eternity (as revealed in Rev. 13:8), prior to it being fulfilled in time.
Ummm, I am the one that suggested to him that perhaps it might be that His being slain was ordained before creation, but it did not take place until after creation.
It could not have been before creation because there was no cross before creation.

So either Christ was slain at two different points with two different methods (one before creation without a cross and another after creation with a cross), or He was slain only once on the cross.
And we know for certain that His being slain on the cross was after creation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ummm, I am the one that suggested to him that perhaps it might be that His being slain was ordained before creation, but it did not take place until after creation.
It could not have been before creation because there was no cross before creation.

So either Christ was slain at two different points with two different methods (one before creation without a cross and another after creation with a cross), or He was slain only once on the cross.
And we know for certain that His being slain on the cross was after creation.

Better watch out, Nang doesn't like dealing in logic.