The Sabbath

Ben Masada

No they are very much alive, and Christ is in the hearts of all Gods true people. Christ by the spirit was in the prophets and he is in those who truly belong to God now. Jesus did have 12 apostles yes, but Paul was born out of time. And Paul wasn't against the Jews he talked against those who crucified Jesus, the Jewish leaders of the time. Thou shalt not kill means just that but they murdered Jesus who was innocent, knowing it was wrong before God, Paul himself persecuted Gods people for the Jewish leaders, but he repented and he was converted, I hope the rest who crucified Jesus repented too. You can defend them all you want, and blame Paul but the truth is they were underhand and devious and they were doing the will of Satan, murdering Jesus who was innocent and Paul spoke the truth. By the way, it says in the Bible that Jesus was to be a light to the gentiles, and Jesus himself preached in Samaria, Jesus told his apostles to go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature which includes the gentiles.

I know Paul is of God because I can hear the spirit of God in him. You will never hear until you accept Jesus. Jesus is the Messiah Ben, you just can't see it.

Sorry Marhig, but you are not reading your own NT. You say above that Jesus told his apostles to go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature which included the Gentiles. Since you have not quoted what you have said, let me quote for the opposite. Every time Jesus sent his disciples on a mission to take the gospel of salvation to others, he would warn his disciples not to go the way of the Gentiles, especially Samaritans. That's in Mat. 10:5,6. I like to take that as a blunder of the Hellenist who wrote that gospel. It does not make sense that Jesus as a Jew would exclude the Gentiles and Samaritans from his gospel of salvation when, according to Isaiah 42:6, Israel had been assigned as light unto the Gentiles.

Now, Marhig, Jesus could not have been the Messiah. The Messiah cannot be an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not! The Messiah is not supposed die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37) Then, if you read Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son," said the Lord.

marhig

Sorry Marhig, but you are not reading your own NT. You say above that Jesus told his apostles to go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature which included the Gentiles. Since you have not quoted what you have said, let me quote for the opposite. Every time Jesus sent his disciples on a mission to take the gospel of salvation to others, he would warn his disciples not to go the way of the Gentiles, especially Samaritans. That's in Mat. 10:5,6. I like to take that as a blunder of the Hellenist who wrote that gospel. It does not make sense that Jesus as a Jew would exclude the Gentiles and Samaritans from his gospel of salvation when, according to Isaiah 42:6, Israel had been assigned as light unto the Gentiles.

Now, Marhig, Jesus could not have been the Messiah. The Messiah cannot be an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not! The Messiah is not supposed die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37) Then, if you read Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son," said the Lord.

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 2

And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ. And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said, Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Jesus came for both Jew and gentile.

And I'm reading the new testament right, Jesus told his disciples not to go the way of the gentiles yes, but that was when they didn't have the power of the holy spirit, once they were converted and had the power of the spirit, they were to preach to every one in all the world. The gospel is for everyone including the gentiles, there is only one gospel and Paul preached it and it's the gospel of Jesus Christ.

And the anointed one is Jesus Christ and those who are true Jews are those who are circumcised of the heart, who have the holy spirit in their heart and who live by the will of God and worship him in spirit and in truth who love God with all their heart and minds and love their neighbour as themselves, those who truly follow Jesus are those who truly love God with their all. These are the true Israel those anointed of the holy spirit who have the spirit is Christ in their hearts. All those who are truly born of God, walk in the spirit and they are sons and daughters of God. It's not being a Jew on the outside but being a Jew on the inside!