ECT The Rebellion that Desolates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Dan 8:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:13) ¶ Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain [saint] which spake, How long [shall be] the vision [concerning] the daily [sacrifice], and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

IP the Fabulous ASSUMES (due to his pushing HIS "interp" upon the Bible) that this "transgression" refers to Israel rebelling against Rome. What a loon!

The following verse helps clarify what the Daniel really means and it does NOT match with IP's vain machinations.

Dan 8:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:14) And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The sanctuary is the Temple and it will be cleansed and NOT destroyed.

The word used for CLEANSED is:
H6663 צָדַק tsadaq (tsaw-dak') v.
1. to be right (in a moral or forensic sense).
2. (causatively) to make right (in a moral or forensic sense).
[a primitive root]
KJV: cleanse, clear self, (be, do) just(-ice, -ify, -ify self), (be turn to) righteous(-ness).

It is quite clear that the "rebellion" is against GOD and not Rome.

Why does Rome care about the desecration of the Temple?

Jesus also clarified this quite nicely:

Matt 24:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:15) When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

The abomination of desolation is STANDING in the holy place....

Too clear and simple for "real writer and grammar scholar" to understand.

Danoh

(8:13) ¶ Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain [saint] which spake, How long [shall be] the vision [concerning] the daily [sacrifice], and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

IP the Fabulous ASSUMES (due to his pushing HIS "interp" upon the Bible) that this "transgression" refers to Israel rebelling against Rome. What a loon!

The following verse helps clarify what the Daniel really means and it does NOT match with IP's vain machinations.

(8:14) And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

[a primitive root]
KJV: cleanse, clear self, (be, do) just(-ice, -ify, -ify self), (be turn to) righteous(-ness).

(24:15) When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Yep.

SaulToPaul 2

[a primitive root]

Yes sir.

IP does not want the abomination of desolation to be what the Bible says that it is.
Hath God said?
It's wicked.

Interplanner

[a primitive root]

Sorry, but you missed most of it.

The rebellion is against Rome because there was no need to fight for the independence of Israel. The mission of Christ was going to be able to go all over the world with Roman technology. Israel rebelled against God and Christ, but by doing so pit themselves against Rome to fight for Israel. Notice how many times, even I Pet 2B, that Christians are not to bother with rebellion against Rome. Rom 13. Acts 21.

You won't understand this until you allow yourself more knowledge of the 1st century , which is a sin.

Christ succeeded in cleansing the sanctuary in his Gospel; his redemptive accomplishments are listed there in Dan 9.

The abomination expression starts as a rebellion that desolates. Call it a transgression if you like. The point from the entire chapter is that the rebellion would peak and ruin the country. There is no arguing that.

The person (the AofD) was the leader of that rebellion. Just read the history. It is plain to see what happened. They all did it claiming God's intervention and signs and wonders and even claiming to be Messiah.

Your arguments are a piece of cake to dismantle, but go ahead.

Interplanner

The cleansing of the temple is addressed in: "to atone for wickedness...to anoint the most holy..." which is language that shows up again in Heb 9:12.

But you'd have to be a student of the 2500 uses of the OT to see that...

Right Divider

Body part
No, I did not.

The rebellion is against Rome because there was no need to fight for the independence of Israel.
More subjectivist, humanist, self-think.

The mission of Christ was going to be able to go all over the world with Roman technology. Israel rebelled against God and Christ, but by doing so pit themselves against Rome to fight for Israel. Notice how many times, even I Pet 2B, that Christians are not to bother with rebellion against Rome. Rom 13. Acts 21.
:dizzy:

You won't understand this until you allow yourself more knowledge of the 1st century , which is a sin.
:rotfl:

Christ succeeded in cleansing the sanctuary in his Gospel; his redemptive accomplishments are listed there in Dan 9.
You really are completely insane.

The abomination expression starts as a rebellion that desolates.
I'll just go with what the Bible says.

Call it a transgression if you like.
That's exactly your problem. You call things anything that you like.

The point from the entire chapter is that the rebellion would peak and ruin the country. There is no arguing that.

The person (the AofD) was the leader of that rebellion. Just read the history. It is plain to see what happened. They all did it claiming God's intervention and signs and wonders and even claiming to be Messiah.

Your arguments dismantle themselves.

Interplanner

No, I did not.

More subjectivist, humanist, self-think.

:dizzy:

:rotfl:

You really are completely insane.

I'll just go with what the Bible says.

That's exactly your problem. You call things anything that you like.

Your arguments dismantle themselves.

So you must think Christ was on the side of zealot rebels all through his career and advocated that to the disciples.

Interplanner

RD,
since I don't accept your dictates--whether theology or vocab or even contemporary words--you might want to find another way to communicate. ie, if you dictate it, I don't pay any attention. As soon as you have reasons for your beliefs, I will pay attention.

Since the rebellion in the middle of Dan 8 is the main event there, and desolates the country, I have no idea why you would object to 'the rebellion that desolates' earlier.

The reconsecrated temple referred to Christ's new covenant, heb 9-10.

Right Divider

Body part
RD,
since I don't accept your dictates--whether theology or vocab or even contemporary words--you might want to find another way to communicate. ie, if you dictate it, I don't pay any attention. As soon as you have reasons for your beliefs, I will pay attention.
You never pay attention in the first place.

Since the rebellion in the middle of Dan 8 is the main event there, and desolates the country, I have no idea why you would object to 'the rebellion that desolates' earlier.
That's just nonsense that you got from a commentary.

The reconsecrated temple referred to Christ's new covenant, heb 9-10.
Made up.

SaulToPaul 2

The rebellion is against Rome because there was no need to fight for the independence of Israel. The mission of Christ was going to be able to go all over the world with Roman technology. Israel rebelled against God and Christ, but by doing so pit themselves against Rome to fight for Israel. Notice how many times, even I Pet 2B, that Christians are not to bother with rebellion against Rome. Rom 13. Acts 21.

The abomination expression starts as a rebellion that desolates. Call it a transgression if you like. The point from the entire chapter is that the rebellion would peak and ruin the country. There is no arguing that.

All made up.

SaulToPaul 2

Daniel 8
9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down.

12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

The abomination of desolation

Daniel 9
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The abomination of desolation

Daniel 11
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

The abomination of desolation.

:idunno:

Interplanner

I did read you here because I thought there might be some connection to the title of the other--rebellion.

Here's the problem: we have just one NT reference about the expression, by Christ, and it is smack in the middle of the circumstance of the Jewish revolt. So I for one can't budge from that. He also said it was happening in that generation. Those literal apostles would see those literal construction stones of those literal buildings dropped. It is not complicated.

SaulToPaul 2

I did read you here because I thought there might be some connection to the title of the other--rebellion.

Here's the problem: we have just one NT reference about the expression, by Christ, and it is smack in the middle of the circumstance of the Jewish revolt. So I for one can't budge from that. He also said it was happening in that generation. Those literal apostles would see those literal construction stones of those literal buildings dropped. It is not complicated.

Your interpretation of the abomination of desolation is pure fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.