ECT The rapture has never been imminent--

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The rapture has never been imminent, because the cry has never been made at midnight--

Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

LA

DAN P

The rapture has never been imminent, because the cry has never been made at midnight--

Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

LA

Hi and there is NOT a Greek word for RAPTURE !!

Paul has not said NOR Christ that there will be MIDNIGHT CRY !!

The Body of Christ is NEVER called a Bridegroom as Christ Divorces Israel , See John 3:29-is all Israel as Christ in Jer 3:8 gave Israel a BILL of Divorce !!

Then Christ marrys Israel after the Great Tribulation !!

The Body of Christ is called a New Man in Eph 2:15 !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and there is NOT a Greek word for RAPTURE !!

Paul has not said NOR Christ that there will be MIDNIGHT CRY !!

The Body of Christ is NEVER called a Bridegroom as Christ Divorces Israel , See John 3:29-is all Israel as Christ in Jer 3:8 gave Israel a BILL of Divorce !!

Then Christ marrys Israel after the Great Tribulation !!

The Body of Christ is called a New Man in Eph 2:15 !!

dan p

Believers in Christ have been made one new man with the elect Israel of God, having the same King over that one nation, who is Jesus Christ.

1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No such cry has yet been made--

So the resurrection is not imminent as Dispys claim, and never yet has been.

LA

Interplanner

LA

Unless that call was when the war against Jerusalem was postponed and the believers were to leave to help the church thrive elsewhere. Remember Lot's wife.

ZacharyB

I am not waiting for the resurrection, as I was raised with Christ already.
I am waiting to be changed, in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye.
What your waiting will bring is ...
1) tremendous persecution during the great tribulation of the antichrist
2) tremendous pressure to take the mark of the beast

If you fail to endure in your faith during these horrendous times,
you will lose any salvation that you might already have.

Believers (saints) who have not been slaughtered during the great tribulation
will be raptured out of here immediately after the last (7th) trumpet sounds,
which is just prior to the wrath of God being poured out on the earth and
upon those who hate God (those who refuse to repent).

SaulToPaul 2

Nah.

TweetyBird

I don't see "THE" great tribulation in the Bible. What I do see is Jesus telling us that we will have tribulation and to be of good cheer because He has overcome the world.

It is impossible for-the-sealed-by-the-Holy-Spirit-cleansed-by-the-blood-of-the-Lamb-Christian to take the "mark of the beast".

DAN P

Believers in Christ have been made one new man with the elect Israel of God, having the same King over that one nation, who is Jesus Christ.

1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Hi and 1 Peter says that the Jews are a holy Priesthood and that is not the Body of Christ , as the CONTEXT is Israel !!

Look at the CONTEXT of 1 Peter 2:8 and learn !!

dan p

TweetyBird

Hi and 1 Peter says that the Jews are a holy Priesthood and that is not the Body of Christ , as the CONTEXT is Israel !!

Look at the CONTEXT of 1 Peter 2:8 and learn !!

dan p

The "context" of 1 Peter is to Jew and Gentile - that is who he is writing to. "Strangers" are not the Jews, they are the Gentiles.

1 Peter 1
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 2
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5 ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

compare to Eph 2

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 and that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 and came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 for through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

===========

1 Peter 2
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

compare to Rom 9

23 and that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24 even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. 26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Peter also said this:

Acts 15:7
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

DAN P

The "context" of 1 Peter is to Jew and Gentile - that is who he is writing to. "Strangers" are not the Jews, they are the Gentiles.

1 Peter 1
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 2
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5 ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

compare to Eph 2

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 and that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 and came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 for through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

===========

1 Peter 2
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

compare to Rom 9

23 and that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24 even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. 26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Peter also said this:

Acts 15:7
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Where is ETHNOS . GENTILES mentioned in 1 Peter 2:8 ?

I see that you nare AVOIDING how you were saved ?

Tell you what explain how Paul was saved in Acts 9:6 ??

Why do you refuse to answer , still ASHAMED I believe ??

COWARD !!

dan p

SaulToPaul 2

The strangers Peter wrote to were Gentiles?

No. Read the account of Pentecost, from where the Jews came.
And read the account of their scattering after the stoning of Stephen.

:sigh:

DAN P

TweetyBird;4787 Peter also said this: Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing said:
Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.[/B]

Hi and from Acts 15:1 Peter , were still teaching CIRCUMCISION and who was the Gentiles that Peter spoke to ??

Read Acts 10:1 , 28 , 44 , 47 and 48 and you should read what the CONTEXT IS !!

#1 , The next question is , does Cornelius become a Jew ?
#2 , Does Cornelius placed into the Body of Christ ?

#3 , The Body of Christ was not YET in operation , was it !!

So where is Cornelius at ??

Is Cornelius in Paradise ?

Is Cornelius in Heaven ??

If you do not know JUST GUESS like you have been doing !!

So , how was Cornelius SAVED ??

dan p

TweetyBird

Where is ETHNOS . GENTILES mentioned in 1 Peter 2:8 ?

I see that you nare AVOIDING how you were saved ?

Tell you what explain how Paul was saved in Acts 9:6 ??

Why do you refuse to answer , still ASHAMED I believe ??

COWARD !!

dan p

You possibly missed the connection that I showed you - that 1 Peter 2 is speaking to Jew and Gentile by comparing passages in that chapter to what Paul wrote, which Peter stated was Scripture.

1 Peter 1
1 Peter,4074 an apostle652 of Jesus2424 Christ,5547 to the strangers3927 scattered throughout1290 Pontus,4195 Galatia,1053 Cappadocia,2587 Asia,773 and2532 Bithynia,978

G3927
παρεπίδημος
parepidēmos
par-ep-id'-ay-mos
From G3844 and the base of G1927; an alien alongside, that is, a resident foreigner: - pilgrim, stranger.

TweetyBird

Hi and from Acts 15:1 Peter , were still teaching CIRCUMCISION and who was the Gentiles that Peter spoke to ??

Read Acts 10:1 , 28 , 44 , 47 and 48 and you should read what the CONTEXT IS !!

#1 , The next question is , does Cornelius become a Jew ?
#2 , Does Cornelius placed into the Body of Christ ?

#3 , The Body of Christ was not YET in operation , was it !!

So where is Cornelius at ??

Is Cornelius in Paradise ?

Is Cornelius in Heaven ??

If you do not know JUST GUESS like you have been doing !!

So , how was Cornelius SAVED ??

dan p

:kookoo:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

LA is funny

Dispys have been both deceived and lying to the world by their saying Christ could come back at any time.

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

LA