ECT The Purpose of Repentance Beginning With John the Baptist

DAN P

Stop putting into quotes things that I did not say as if I said them.

You see why you do not have understanding?

You speak of things that are not true as if they were.

There is a NEW LAW.

You must follow the new law.

Hi and verse where this NEW LAW is found ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

You speak of things that are not true as if they were.

There is a NEW LAW.

You must follow the new law.

It is you who pours scorn on the new law:

"To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law" (Ro.3:26-28).​

According to you the law of faith denies that those who believe are justified in the eyes of God by faith alone. You say that a person must establish his own righteousness and Paul describes you perfectly here:

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God" (Ro.10:3).​

I've got news for you, little Ms. know-it-all. Your righteousness will come up short in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to the gospel of grace.

DAN P

You need to know for yourself.

Even Solomon...who is he?

Even Solomon had to search for God on his own.

Hi and what caused Solomon to seek God ??

He had the Law of Moses , GRASSHOPPER !!

Read 1 Cor 2 :14 and see why people today are LYING , when they said they were seeking God !!

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and what caused Solomon to seek God ??

He had the Law of Moses , GRASSHOPPER !!

Read 1 Cor 2 :14 and see why people today are LYING , when they said they were seeking God !!

dan p

Address what I said.

Even Solomon the son of David had to search for God.

God's Truth

It is you who pours scorn on the new law:

"To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law" (Ro.3:26-28).​

According to you the law of faith denies that those who believe are justified in the eyes of God by faith alone. You say that a person must establish his own righteousness and Paul describes you perfectly here:

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God" (Ro.10:3).​

I've got news for you, little Ms. know-it-all. Your righteousness will come up short in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to the gospel of grace.

It is not my righteousness when I obey Jesus, it is his righteousness.

What don't you get about faith alone being dead and not able to save?

What don't you get that the apostle of Jesus Christ taught that?

What don't you get about Peter too addressing this about people misunderstanding Paul.

Go ahead and explain what you think that Peter was talking about when he said people misunderstand Paul.

Tell me what you say that misunderstanding was.

Why won't you answer that question?

There in lies your rebuke, and your salvation.

Jerry Shugart

It is not my righteousness when I obey Jesus, it is his righteousness.

Then why do you teach that we must establish our own righteousness by obeying?

And why do you mention James since what he says here makes it plain that a person is born of God by the word of truth and not by obeying?:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jas.1:18).​

Of course James is saying that a person is born of God when they believe the word of truth. But according to you that kind of faith is worthless. You do not even attempt to reconcile what is said later by James about faith with what James said at James 1:18. Instead you IGNORE what is found in the first chapeter and then pervert what is said in the second.

God's Truth

Then why do you teach that we must establish our own righteousness by obeying?

You should be more careful what you claim I say.

I want to show you what the Bible says about righteousness:

Through our faith in Jesus we become righteous.

In Jesus, I become the righteousness of God. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

My righteousness, holiness, and redemption come from Jesus Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I have the righteousness from God, righteousness by faith; see Romans 1:17.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.

By obeying Jesus we become righteous.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Righteous for what we do James 2:21, 25

Even Noah was a preacher of righteousness before Jesus came and died for sinners. 2 Peter 2:5.

Even Abraham, when he offered his son as a sacrifice, see James 2:21.

Even Rahab the prostitute, see James 2:25.

By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, Hebrews 11:4.

1 John 3:12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous.

Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

To establish your own righteousness is to find an animal on your own and take it to the priest, and do the various external washings to justify yourself before God.

To establish your own righteousness is to be circumcised in the flesh.

To establish your own righteousness is to observe all the special days of the old law.

To establish your own righteousness is to adhere to the dietary laws.

No one is to do those things anymore, for by faith in Jesus' blood we are made right before God.

We are justified by our faith in Jesus' blood.

We do not establish our own righteousness when we do what Jesus says to do, for when we do what Jesus says, we receive the righteousness of God. When we do what Jesus says to do, we are becoming like him and his righteousness.

God's Truth

And why do you mention James since what he says here makes it plain that a person is born of God by the word of truth and not by obeying?:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jas.1:18).

Of course James is saying that a person is born of God when they believe the word of truth. But according to you that kind of faith is worthless. You do not even attempt to reconcile what is said later by James about faith with what James said at James 1:18. Instead you IGNORE what is found in the first chapeter and then pervert what is said in the second.

Are you kidding? I reconcile the WHOLE BIBLE. The whole Bible BEFORE Jesus came to earth was about how we have to repent and obey. Then Jesus came to earth and taught obedience. Then his apostles taught it even Paul did, but you try to make Paul into what you want to believe.

YOU are the one who perverts all that and makes all the words of God nullified and turns Paul into your accomplice.

We have to obey Jesus and you not understanding that Paul meant no purification works is your cut off point.

God's Truth

Stop being like Cain who was jealous of his brother who did right.

Stop being sympathizers of those who drowned in the flood.

Stop being sympathizers of Esau.

Stop being sympathizers of those who rebelled in the desert.

Stop being sympathizers of those who did not get circumcised in the flesh.

Stop being sympathizers of Judas.

Stop being sympathizers of cut off Jews.

Stop being sympathizers of the disobedient.

Stop making Paul the leader of your sympathizer religion.

Stop going against those who preach obedience.