The Origin of the Myth that the Chuch is 'Spiritual Israel'

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The noobs that say this never quote verses 26 and 27

Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? Rom. 2:26,27

The uncircumcised (Gentiles) will be counted as circumcised (Jews). Take you parlor tricks back to the hexagram magic shop.

Those verses say nothing about Gentiles becoming Jews.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, at the present time the following prophecy is not being fulfilled:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

:thumb: Jesus is Savior and was anointed by the Father as Christ through the Holy Spirit to sit on David's throne as ruler of the world.

Before he died the Savior did not serve as the Christ, i.e. he was not the world ruler. The Father made Jesus the Christ.

Epoisses

The following is a prophecy concerning "Spiritual Israel" and the only members of that Israel will be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of those who will be in both the house of Israel and the house of Judah are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that. Therefore, since their fathers are the physical descendants of Jacob then those of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah will also be the same physical descendants.

So these verses prove that sometime in the FUTURE all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who will belong to both houses will be saved.

The verses say that the new covenant is NOT according to the covenant made with the fathers which was a covenant of works. The new covenant is based on faith and having the Holy Spirit write God's love in the heart. You ignore those words and make the old covenant and the new covenant the same thing.

Jerry Shugart

The verses say that the new covenant is NOT according to the covenant made with the fathers which was a covenant of works. The new covenant is based on faith and having the Holy Spirit write God's love in the heart. You ignore those words and make the old covenant and the new covenant the same thing.

I did no such thing!

I have always maintained that everyone who is saved is saved by faith through grace.

Of course you did nor even address the fact that in the future all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob belonging to the houses of Israel and Judah will have their sins forgiven and therefore be saved.

Do you agree with that?

Jerry Shugart

Yea they do. Point blank and in your face. A Jew according to Paul was someone with a circumcised heart or being born again. Jews and Gentiles can both be born again.

A Jew, according to Paul, is one who can believe or not believe:

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?"
(Ro.3:1-3).​

According to you a Jew is one who is born again but according to Paul a Jew can be someone without faith and is therefore not born again.

Point blank in your face!

Epoisses

I did no such thing!

I have always maintained that everyone who is saved is saved by faith through grace.

Of course you did nor even address the fact that in the future all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob belonging to the houses of Israel and Judah will have their sins forgiven and therefore be saved.

Do you agree with that?

You and your heresy have written an expiration date into the grace of God when the church is raptured out and Israel returns to her famous old covenant law keeping. You neither understand prophecy or the new covenant which is intended for all those who live by faith in Christ and receive the Holy Spirit. Do you even know what the Holy Spirit is?

Epoisses

A Jew, according to Paul, is one who can believe or not believe:

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?"
(Ro.3:1-3).​

According to you a Jew is one who is born again but according to Paul a Jew can be someone without faith and is therefore not born again.

Point blank in your face!

A Jew or someone who belongs to the house of God is a born-again believer in Christ. Jesus said that which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the spirit is spirit. Only the spiritual believers in Christ are part of the Israel of God. The children of the flesh will be cast out along with the worshippers of the flesh like you. You have no faith.

Jerry Shugart

A Jew or someone who belongs to the house of God is a born-again believer in Christ. Jesus said that which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the spirit is spirit. Only the spiritual believers in Christ are part of the Israel of God. The children of the flesh will be cast out along with the worshippers of the flesh like you. You have no faith.

No one is born again until they believe so when Paul uses the word "Jew" here it is obvious the reference is not to those who are born again:

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?" (Ro.3:1-3).​

You prove that you cannot even understand the most simple things found in the Scriptures!

Epoisses

No one is born again until they believe so when Paul uses the word "Jew" here it is obvious the reference is not to those who are born again:

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?" (Ro.3:1-3).​

You prove that you cannot even understand the most simple things found in the Scriptures!

Some verses are without doubt speaking to Jews of the flesh but others are speaking of Jews of the Spirit. I can acknowledge both while you can acknowledge only one because you don't have the Holy Spirit. Under the old covenant the houses were ethnic and of the flesh but under the new covenant they become spiritual and houses of faith. Earthly Jerusalem is calling her children home and the heavenly Jerusalem is calling hers as well - which way will you go?

Jerry Shugart

You and your heresy have written an expiration date into the grace of God when the church is raptured out and Israel returns to her famous old covenant law keeping.

All men who have been saved have all been saved by grace through faith.

Why are you mis-representing what I say?

Some verses are without doubt speaking to Jews of the flesh but others are speaking of Jews of the Spirit. I can acknowledge both while you can acknowledge only one because you don't have the Holy Spirit.

Your ideas are so ridiculous because you must insist that the meaning of the word "Jew" the first time it is used in this passage is an entirely different meaning the next time it is used:

"But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe?"
(Ro.2:29;3:1-3).​

You say that in one sentence the word "Jew" means one thing and in the next sentence it means something entirely different.

Your spiritual I.Q. is practically ZERO, if that high!

beloved57

False teaching. Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8.

musterion

Calvinism in a nutshell.

Satan’s first attack upon the human race was his sly effort to destroy Eve’s confidence in the kindness of God. From that day, men have had a false conception of God. Nothing twists and deforms the soul more than a low or unworthy conception of God.

AW Tozer

Epoisses

"But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe?" Ro.2:29;3:1-3.

You say that in one sentence the word "Jew" means one thing and in the next sentence it means something entirely different.

You totally spliced those chapters together, noob! The real Jew is one inwardly.

Epoisses

He is a Jew which is one inwardly and circumcision is that of the heart! John Bacardi forgot to read that.

Jerry Shugart

He is a Jew which is one inwardly and circumcision is that of the heart!

Do you think that the word "Jew" in this prophecy is referring to someone other than a person who is a physical descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?:

"And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing...In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you" (Zech.8:13,23).​