ECT The New Covenant is obviously present tense

SaulToPaul 2

Nope, nice trick though. I know, you learned it from "jesus" in Mt 24's intro. The day of the Lord was what was happening to Israel in that gen (Lk 21) and he was helping them realize what would happen and how they would survive it. That was true of Mt 24 as well.

It is not a prognostication of things in a distant future. The bride is married by the end, sounding every bit like Eph 5, where the happy couple already are married.

Who is the Lamb's wife, according to Revelation?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nah. A City, according to the Holy Bible.

A city of living stones built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ the corner stone.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

A city of living stones built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ the corner stone.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

LA

A real city.

"I go and prepare a PLACE FOR YOU"

Interplanner

A real city.

"I go and prepare a PLACE FOR YOU"

You're kidding about the real city, right? I mean there is real as in divine, and then real as in Cleveland. You are thinking it is a Cleveland.

And--why are ignoring the new covenant in operation now in Christ about salvation and 'purification' in its new sense? v12. Oh, we take tweezers and carefully remove 'the mediator' here because God forbid it have any coherent connection to I Tim 2:5 which is ONE MEDIATOR which in 2P2P of course 'one' means there is a 2nd one if you are 'literal.' Right. That's what literalism is!

You must be kidding if you think we are going to accept a direct line from 'a place for you' to the necessity of a land promise restored to Israel? It's sunday-school-repeat-after-me thinking.

How are you doing on the 1828 years?

SaulToPaul 2

You're kidding about the real city, right? I mean there is real as in divine, and then real as in Cleveland. You are thinking it is a Cleveland.

And--why are ignoring the new covenant in operation now in Christ about salvation and 'purification' in its new sense? v12. Oh, we take tweezers and carefully remove 'the mediator' here because God forbid it have any coherent connection to I Tim 2:5 which is ONE MEDIATOR which in 2P2P of course 'one' means there is a 2nd one if you are 'literal.' Right. That's what literalism is!

You must be kidding if you think we are going to accept a direct line from 'a place for you' to the necessity of a land promise restored to Israel? It's sunday-school-repeat-after-me thinking.

How are you doing on the 1828 years?

"I go and prepare a place for you..."

Have you gone back to Genesis yet and compared the building materials available there with the building materials the heavenly city is made of?

Interplanner

"I go and prepare a place for you..."

Have you gone back to Genesis yet and compared the building materials available there with the building materials the heavenly city is made of?

lol, yes, I'm sure the first thing on Christ's mind when he said 'a place for you' was the building materials of Genesis!!! You're a hoot.

Try to get with the program buddy. In the NHNE, God is the light and the Lamb is the temple. Physicality itself is different from now. I've never encountered someone who forced everything, even expressions like locusts eating years, into physical reality as we now know it.

SaulToPaul 2

lol, yes, I'm sure the first thing on Christ's mind when he said 'a place for you' was the building materials of Genesis!!! You're a hoot.

Try to get with the program buddy. In the NHNE, God is the light and the Lamb is the temple. Physicality itself is different from now. I've never encountered someone who forced everything, even expressions like locusts eating years, into physical reality as we now know it.

What is the place he prepared for them?

SaulToPaul 2

Is it possible that Adam was supposed to build this city, with the materials we see in Genesis. But he fell into sin, and failed miserably in the job the LORD gave him to do.

Who is the second Adam?

One day you may realize that your books of men have lied to you, and you skimmed over the building materials in Genesis thinking the LORD is just providing "filler". One day you may begin to study the Bible for yourself, and believe what you read. The LORD may open your eyes to some things.

SaulToPaul 2

Is it possible that Adam was supposed to build this city, with the materials we see in Genesis. But he fell into sin, and failed miserably in the job the LORD gave him to do.

Who is the second Adam?

One day you may realize that your books of men have lied to you, and you skimmed over the building materials in Genesis thinking the LORD is just providing "filler". One day you may begin to study the Bible for yourself, and believe what you read. The LORD may open your eyes to some things.

:idunno:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Adam was to extend the garden of Eden into all of the earth.

The Heavenly Jerusalem is the company of all of the saints in the Glorious presence of God with His Son.

That is the place.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Provide scripture

You provided none.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Interplanner

Well, STP is beyond bizarre, now with huge second guessings of the intentions of God and all that. He may be interested to know that the first city builders in Genesis did so to 'hide in plain sight' from God, in a setting that defied and denied the truth, by creating an alternate world or universe. Thus the usual prophetic disdain for a city.