ECT The Mystery: What and Why

heir

TOL Subscriber
Lol, the opposite, precious fireball - I was not offended at all, Gal. 5:18.
Stick with my username when addressing me. Galatians 5:18 KJV hasn't a thing to do with your disapproval of things that are excellent being an offence.

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"The long and winding road
tha a at leads to your door"

Why not read the bible simply, we Gentiles who were once far off without God and without hope have been brought nigh by the blood of Jesus Christ

We were strangers and aliens to the commonwealth of Israel but now we are FELLOW citizens, heirs

Just read it and believe it.

YOU say we are not...Paul says we are.

I do not accept that the Jewish brethren will inherit the land....the SEED of Abraham...ethnic Israel, the nation of Israel that now is...THEY are the ones who will inherit the land.

Read Isaiah ch 49.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stick with my username when addressing me. Galatians 5:18 KJV hasn't a thing to do with your disapproval of things that are excellent being an offence.

You kept calling me "droid" on the other thread.

You are not a hypocrite are you?

LA

Danoh

Hah - like you stick to other's username when talking down to them because they don't meet your standard :rotfl:

My point in quoting Gal. 5:18, o expert on Galatians :rotfl: is that you have not offended me.

Why do you think Paul brings that up within the context of the Galatians biting and devouring one another?

Its why I at times rib a person. They've not offended me, as neither I, nor they, are the issue - Christ alone is.

Lol - what, you haven't gotten to that part of why grace, and how it is meant to work in you that believe such that the need for hostility towards others in our differences with them gradually ceases to be an issue?

Your glorying in that manner is not good.

The best to you in that, for you are not under the Law, but under grace, Rom. 6:14.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hah - like you stick to other's username when talking down to them because they don't meet your standard :rotfl:

I don't care if you are or aren't offended. You should be concerned that you are not 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV and are an offence Philippians 1:9-10 KJV.

"Hah", "LOL", "rotfl",...,...

Danoh

Still hiding behind your excuse of "ribbing". That's not what it is. 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV, but you've been told that many times and don't approve of that either.

Pointing out difference in understanding with some of your views is not divisiveness.

You'll have to find some other person to attempt to force your criteria on.

Neither is ribbing someone. Unless they cannot see any other intent but the one their "own bowels" continually causes them to be "straightened" by.

That is your issue, sister, not mine.

The best to you in that.

Lol, boy are you ornery, lol

Danoh

Are you in agreement with the article?
Do you disagree with this article?

Please list what you agree and/or disagree with.

Lol, not until you tell me the story behind those really great pencil drawings of you...

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That's the only part that you got right and clear.

Yes but do you see the implication? there are many positives in MAD but here is a fault line at the very heart and crux of the matter.

Because now MAD withdraws from Peter.

That wasn't Paul's intention at all.

Heir blathers on endlessly about the mystery....woo woo mystery, we all love mysteries. She even states what the mystery is [actually Paul had many more than just one mystery revealed to him] it is

We Gentiles have been made FELLOW CITIZENS with the Jews, citizens of their commonwealth...CO-heirs of the promises.

Now look here we are not made fellow citizens with the land of Israel are we? so then these Jews with who we are become fellow citizens with are the HEAVENLY. The commonwealth of Israel is heavenly so the Jews with who we are made fellow citizens must be heavenly

So WHO can the land belong to by promise as an inheritance? It can only belong to the Jews who were not church. The promise is made to them without condition through Abraham...you are Abraham's seed to you the promise is made...you shall inherit the land.

We mustn't cut the Jews off it is a terrible mistake because if we cut them off then with who are we fellow citizens? to whose promises are we co-heir.

Amillennialism cuts the Jews off and so does MAD

heir

TOL Subscriber
Pointing out difference in understanding with some of your views is not divisiveness.

You'll have to find some other person to attempt to force your criteria on.

Neither is ribbing someone. Unless they cannot see any other intent but the one their "own bowels" continually causes them to be "straightened" by.

That is your issue, sister, not mine.

The best to you in that.

Lol, boy are you ornery, lol
This is not you "pointing out differences in understanding".

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4601328&postcount=30

It's you being divisive.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir blathers on endlessly about the mystery....woo woo mystery, we all love mysteries. She even states what the mystery is [actually Paul had many more than just one mystery revealed to him] it is

We Gentiles have been made FELLOW CITIZENS with the Jews, citizens of their commonwealth...CO-heirs of the promises.
You would accuse Paul of blathering on endlessly too! I'm in good company with my apostle. And no, I do not change the mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) as you do above to suit your MUD.

The mystery of the gospel includes the likes of us, like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter, who in time past were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) but now were made fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God’s promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) with Paul (who was first in the BoC 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV), the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Thessalonians…(Ephesians 3:6 KJV). This mystery was testified at a later due time (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Acts 20:24 KJV, Ephesians 2:13-18 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV)!

Together all of those saved from the beginning of Paul's ministry to the finish of his course (the "we" and the "ye" Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV the first and second group BOTH containing Gentiles!) make up the one new man (Ephesians 2:14-15 KJV)! It is the fellowship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,...And you bet I go on and on about it! I join my apostle in making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery!

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes but do you see the implication? there are many positives in MAD but here is a fault line at the very heart and crux of the matter.

Because now MAD withdraws from Peter.
We do not "withdraw" from Peter. We simply understand his place. Peter was one of the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL. Paul is the ONE apostle of the GENTILES.

In essence, since the fall of Israel... everyone is a gentile right now. But this does not and did not change Peter or the elevens calling. The circumcision disciples did NOT start preaching the kingdom to gentiles during the "Acts" years:
Act 11:19 KJV Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.
That wasn't Paul's intention at all.
I didn't say that it was.

This is were you and SO many are just plain WRONG.
We, the body of Christ, are a NEW CREATURE. We are NOT joined with the "commonwealth of Israel".

Now look here we are not made fellow citizens with the land of Israel are we? so then these Jews with who we are become fellow citizens with are the HEAVENLY. The commonwealth of Israel is heavenly so the Jews with who we are made fellow citizens must be heavenly

So WHO can the land belong to by promise as an inheritance? It can only belong to the Jews who were not church. The promise is made to them without condition through Abraham...you are Abraham's seed to you the promise is made...you shall inherit the land.
I'm already seated in heavenly places. Why do I need a land?

You are mixing and confusing the promises. Sometimes Paul refers to "the promise". That promise is not the promises.

We mustn't cut the Jews off it is a terrible mistake because if we cut them off then with who are we fellow citizens? to whose promises are we co-heir.

Amillennialism cuts the Jews off and so does MAD
I don't "cut the Jews off". I just understand what God had and has plans for them independent of His plans for the Gentiles. And that THOSE plans are NOW waiting while God works out His plan that He kept secret until He revealed it to Paul.

Gen 12:1-3 will ONE day be back in service again when God restores Israel to their place as the head of the nations.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That is what amazes me Paul says we ARE fellow citizens of the commonwealth it IS the mystery, revealed to the apostles and prophets...CO-heirs

And here you say point blank we are not.

Yes you DO withdraw from Peter and the others, for you say their scriptures "are not written to us"

I'll say it again, Paul says we are FELLOW citizens of the commonwealth of Israel, you quite rightly say we are not heirs to the land

Therefore

The commonwealth is heavenly and not earthly

Yes you DO cut the Joos off when you say God's plans for them are different to His plans for the Gentiles.

God's plans for the Jews who are not the church I TOTALLY agree are different, but the Jews who are the church are the body of Christ.

We are totally united in believing that God will recommence working with the Jews and I am glad for the MADianite strong stand for the Millennial reign....but it won't be church Jews, they may well sit upon thrones governing the tribes....but they will be heavenly thrones

Right Divider

Body part
That is what amazes me Paul says we ARE fellow citizens of the commonwealth it IS the mystery, revealed to the apostles and prophets...CO-heirs
Please quote the scripture instead of simply giving your opinion.

You're probably taking about Ephesians 2. If so, then you misunderstand it.