ECT The Mystery: What and Why

heir

TOL Subscriber
Oy vey- Did I, or did I not, thank you as to your last post on that prior to this one :chuckle:
Thanking a post does not necessarily mean you agree with it.

Is the power of God any of the above?

And as asked before:
What difference does it make? After you tell somone the good news, do you tell them they need to do any of these things for salvation?

Is this what you tell people after telling them that salvation is a gift, Danoh? Will you call the above, what it is: a perverted gospel of Christ?

Will you call the above, what it is: a perverted gospel of Christ?

Danoh

Is it any of those?

No, precious one.

All it takes is believe that Christ died for your sins, and rose again for your justification.

I don't even have a person recite a sinner's prayer.

No work - none.

Believe.

Period.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, precious one.
Of course it isn't any of those things. So call it like it is. Those things that someone is being told to do are perversions of the gospel of Christ! That's why I don't understand why it is so hard for some to call it what it is! An unequivocal answer on the matter should have been some time ago from you. Why the hesitation not to call it like it is? After all:
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

In what sense is the preaching of the cross the power of God unto salvation?

This is a question all must ask.

For clarity on this issue when preaching the cross is critical to preaching the cross soundly.

Absent of said clarity; the preaching of the cross is rendered of none effect.

Danoh

Nope.

You said were.

Have I what?

Sheesh.

Have you received the love of the truth, in other words...by faith...in the event that took place in your stead, or do you believe there is something you can do either to merit salvation, or to keep said salvation...

I can go slower if you need that :chuckle:

ClimateSanity

Sheesh.

Have you received the love of the truth, in other words...by faith...in the event that took place in your stead, or do you believe there is something you can do either to merit salvation, or to keep said salvation...

You don't speak jack Daniels I see.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Sheesh.

I already graduated kindergarten.:thumb:

Now I'm .........

1 Peter 1:9
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.