ECT The Most Misunderstood Passage in the Bible--Romans 5:12-18

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe a little less MAD doctrine in your thinkin'.

James wont bite you.

Galatians 2

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
People always have time for a commentary, but not the Bible itself.

Nick, no.

I've completed a verse by verse commentary of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel and Ezekiel. Moving onto the minor prophets next. Eventually I'll have the commentary of the entire bible.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Reactions: Lon

glorydaz

I completely agree with you. Do you agree with what we read the following in The Popular Encyclopedia of Bible Prophecy:

"The Edenic covenant is tied to the dispensation of innocence, whereby God tested man to see if he would live by God's conditions. God told man not to eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:17). The dispensation ended in man's failure--Eve was deceived (1 Timothy 2:14) and Adam deliberately disobeyed. As a result, the first man had personal and experiental knowledge of good and evil. What seemed like a simple, limited act of eating fruit ended in a broad, conscious knowledge of right and wrong. In the next dispensation, the descendants of Adam were responsible for this new awareness of sin" [emphasis added] (The Popular Encyclopedia of Bible Prophecy, ed.Tim LaHaye & Ed Hindson, [Eugene: Harvest House, 2004], 86).

Do you believe that before he ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that Adam lived in a state of innocence, not having a conscience?

Whether one's conscience is awakened with that first act of disobedience, or whether they had no conscience until they'd disobeyed, I don't know.

But, yes, I do agree with what's stated in that article. Thanks for sharing. And I just realized something after reading that. They were just like innocent children. They really had no concept of what it would mean to "die". They had never even seen death anywhere. Then, at the moment they ate, their eyes were opened.

Gen. 2:7 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen. 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.​

Danoh

where is the evidence that this is the most misunderstood passage? I don't recall it being discussed very much here or elsewhere.

Lol, I thought that as well :chuckle:

Then again; there you have it, IP, an idea for your next new...of your countless...threads about...the same thing...over...and over...:D

Last edited:

glorydaz

You prove you have no understanding. I died to any sins that you can think of doing and then some.

How about that? Does that help you to understand?

Here are some more scriptures to rebuke you with...they are about dying to the SINS OF THE WORLD.

Galatians 6:14
But as for me, may I never boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Colossians 2:20
If you have died with Christ to the spiritual forces of the world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its regulations:

Can you really not figure out what Paul is talking about when he says to DIE to sins...DIE to the WORLD.

Okay, I'll accept those verses, and will have to apologize.

What about the one where you "die to Christ"?

glorydaz

Romans 5:18 however says that we are all condemned under Adam and verse 19 says we were all 'made sinners' by Adam and importantly, for this thread, such would necessarily mean 'from birth.' -Lon

Wrong. It doesn't "necessarily mean" any such thing. The very next verse says this: "Many were made sinners....."

Romans 5:19KJV For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Danoh

Reactions: Lon

Lon

Wrong. It doesn't "necessarily mean" any such thing. The very next verse says this: "Many were made sinners....."
Romans 5:19KJV For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Looks to me, like you said 'no' then went ahead and said 'yes.' Do you see what I mean?

Danoh

It's that EARLY Modern (BRITTISH) English sentence construction of some 500 years ago.

Many read it in OUR...LATER (NORTH AMERICAN) Modern English.

All born of this Earth, or in Adam, were born sinners.

Just as all born From Above, or in Christ - are born righteous.

Born = made in the image of, and vice versa.

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Verse 3 is AFTER THE Fall in Genesis 3.

Genesis 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

glorydaz

Wow, relax, you are in a debate site and will hear beliefs different from your own. Maybe you make others sick? Why talk like that?

All that was ever made was made through Jesus. When Adam and Eve sinned, they were thrown out and now we have the chance through Jesus' body to be reconciled back.

You're always hoping other people need to relax, aren't you? :chuckle:

I was correcting your interpretation of the emoticon I used. It wasn't confused, it was sick (nigh onto dead).

The point is that you shouldn't be claiming Adam and Eve were in the body of Christ unless you can show some proof of that. Look around and see what you can find to back up your statements. You managed to do it once already.....try it again.