ECT The Most Misunderstood Passage in the Bible--Romans 5:12-18

God's Truth

Why don't you learn to use your brain?

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth"
(2 Tim.3:17).​

Why don't you?

Notice that I gave you the scripture where God says what I said He says? Why don't you apologize? Why do you come back with more insults? That is NOT a person who lives through the Spirit.

God's Truth

So if He wills it then all Christians will always obey him and never sin?

I already told you that God does not force us.

I gave you scriptures where we are warned.

We are to work out our salvation. We are to train ourselves. We are to live lives worthy of our calling. If anyone does sin, they have an advocate and we can find mercy and forgiveness.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I already told you that God does not force us.

I gave you scriptures where we are warned.

We are to work out our salvation. We are to train ourselves. We are to live lives worthy of our calling. If anyone does sin, they have an advocate and we can find mercy and forgiveness.

Only God can please God GT!!!! He is our propitiation!! Do you think God half does things? It is finished means just that... quit derailing the thread! Make one named obey or get back on topic!

God's Truth

Only God can please God GT!!!! He is our propitiation!! Do you think God half does things? It is finished means just that... quit derailing the thread! Make one named obey or get back on topic!

You are the one who is derailing the thread.

We are supposed to please God.

Colossians 1:10
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

I have more scriptures, but I only need one to rebuke you of your false teachings.

God's Truth

Quit snivelin' about how Jerry has wronged you.

Didn't you just tell glorydays to relax?

Chill out.

Why don't you mind your own business? Stop judging others. You are the one who should chill OUT. What kind of person rebukes the one who asked another not to insult and name call? I can tell you what the Bible says about that, but you will be offended.

glorydaz

Hi glorydaz,

What is your interpreation of the meaning of the word "law" in the following passage?:

"...even as by one man sin entered into the world, and by sin death; and thus death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: for until law sin was in the world; but sin is not put to account when there is no law" (Ro.5:12-13).​

Thanks!

[MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION] Hey, Jerry,

I would say it's the law written in our hearts (conscience). Romans 1:20KJV There is no law until we recognize right from wrong, and sin is not put to our account until we choose evil over good.

Romans 2:14-15KJV For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

In Paul's case, for instance, he was born under the "Mosaic law", so what he means here is that when conviction came via his conscience.

Romans 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.​

Please share your thoughts...I'd be interested to hear them.

glorydaz

I have to force myself to read what you write.

However, since what you wrote is not too long, I will address it.

We chose to die to the sins of the world, to die to Christ and raise up to live like Christ, live to please Christ.

If you are still living through sin, if you are still making excuses for your sins, then you did not die to sin.

People don't die to the sins of the world. Your god-complex is getting unbearable.

And this "die to Christ". Do you have any verses to support what you're saying.

glorydaz

Good and Evil are the burden of the One just Judge. This is clearly cited as the position of the Morning Star...

We see an abuse of this name and a false right hand of God... The Abuse is seen in Isaiah 14 and the Reconciliation is found in Revelations. We know that Jesus is the true MORNING STAR ... and we further see that He alone is worthy to "Judge". In the end... this is seen as the 24 elders cast their crowns to Jesus. This is cited throughout scripture... but the place where we see that Satan desired and falsly held the position of "judge" in Zech. 3:1 ... He's at the right hand of "YeHOshua". This is unmistakable as the stone with 7 is referred to at the end of Zechariah 3.

The bottom line is that Only God is deserving of distinguishing Good from Evil. He alone is Good. (Mk. 10:18)

I'm not convinced that has anything to do with the knowledge of good and evil.

Lon

No, not death in general. No one dies "physically" as a result of their own sin:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"
(Ro.5:12).​

When mankind was denied access to the tree of life it was destined that all men will die physically (Gen.3:22-24;Heb.9:27).

When men sin they die "spritually." That means that before they sin they are alive spiritually. That means that no one emerges from the womb spiritually dead.

That means that the teaching of Calvinism that Adam's spiritual death has been imputed to all his descendants is nothing but a myth.
No, not Calvinism. It is all of Christendom. There are a few of you Christians, a few Unit-arians and all of Mormons. That's your present crowd.
Most MAD are not pelagian. I don't believe most of Open Theists are either, at this present time.

As for your proof, you moved from one death to the other, so the 'therefore' doesn't produce it. It means you are asserting your belief from assumptions. We all do it, but we are all trying 'not to do it' in our theologies. We know we need to prove points from scriptures.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Sherman @Grandma Lucy

This individual is intentionally derailing this thread that has had over 40 participants in some fashion for several days now, of @Jerry Shugart 's.

They have been addressed and warned. Many theologies of diverse difference are peacefully discussing this matter. Even @God's Truth and @Nang are contributing in a positive fashion.

If this @jcforever person could be blocked from this thread for thread derailment ... it would be deeply appreciated.

Done. I am going to have to do a review of this contributions to this forum. Being off beat and even silly isn't against the rules, but making certain claims about oneself falls under outlandish and is.

glorydaz

No, not Calvinism. It is all of Christendom. There are a few of you Christians, a few Unit-arians and all of Mormons. That's your present crowd.
Most MAD are not pelagian. I don't believe most of Open Theists are either, at this present time.

I am getting sick and tired of this slander of yours. It is NOT all of Christendom.

You have put us in with unbelievers, and you're lying about what we believe because you've been so indoctrinated into Calvinism. :mmph: