The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

beameup

I knew a guy that spent pages making the case that the Antichrist would be Judas, resurrected.
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: - Hebrews 9:27
Judas hung himself to death.
However, I've also heard the conjecture that the Antichrist will be Nimrod. However, it is recorded in ancient Hebrew documents that Esau killed Nimrod.

Last edited:

chair

Adonikam is the name of a place, not a man.
Read the whole chapter in Ezra, and you'll see. It is a list of places that people came from.

Sorry to ruin the fun.

Chair

Epoisses

The False Christ will be a man, just like Judas Escariot was a man, when Satan entered into him.

After the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus *said to him, “What you do, do quickly.” - John 13:27
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. - Luke 22:3

The antichrist is Satan and the man of sin is his right hand man. John said the antichrist was at work in the 1st century and he is a spiritual entity. So they are not the same persons.

Epoisses

Adonikam is the name of a place, not a man.
Read the whole chapter in Ezra, and you'll see. It is a list of places that people came from.

Sorry to ruin the fun.

Chair

The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six. Ezra 2:13

And of the last sons of Adonikam, whose names are these, Eliphelet, Jeiel, and Shemaiah, and with them threescore males. Ezra 8:13

Does a place have children, lol!?!

chair

And of the last sons of Adonikam, whose names are these, Eliphelet, Jeiel, and Shemaiah, and with them threescore males. Ezra 8:13

In Hebrew a place can have "sons". The term "sons" can associate people with a place or a group. Some of the translations (in Ezra) have it as "the people" instead of "sons", since the translators understood this.

Again, sorry to ruin the fun.

daqq

Ezra 2:21-28
21 The children of Bethlehem, an hundred twenty and three.
22 The men of Netophah, fifty and six.
23 The men of Anathoth, an hundred twenty and eight.
24 The children of Azmaveth, forty and two.
25 The children of Kirjatharim, Chephirah, and Beeroth, seven hundred and forty and three.
26 The children of Ramah and Gaba, six hundred twenty and one.
27 The men of Michmas, an hundred twenty and two.
28 The men of Bethel and Ai, two hundred twenty and three.

Epoisses

In Hebrew a place can have "sons". The term "sons" can associate people with a place or a group. Some of the translations (in Ezra) have it as "the people" instead of "sons", since the translators understood this.

Again, sorry to ruin the fun.

The majority of Ezra 8 is a chronicle of the genealogies of those who returned from Babylon not just Adonikam.

You can't be that stupid! But maybe you are.

chair

The majority of Ezra 8 is a chronicle of the genealogies of those who returned from Babylon not just Adonikam.

You can't be that stupid! But maybe you are.

Ezra 2 lists places. if you look at the entire chapter, as daqq has done, you will see it immediately. Some of the place-names are easily identified today.

Ezra 8 is a list of families. Genealogies, as you put it. many of the family names and place names are identical, but it remains that Ezra 2 is places, Ezra 8 is families.

Calling me stupid does not advance your argument. It is unwarranted, and you should apologize.

beameup

The antichrist is Satan and the man of sin is his right hand man. John said the antichrist was at work in the 1st century and he is a spiritual entity. So they are not the same persons.

The more accurate term would be "False Messiah". As there was a "Genuine Messiah", there will be Satan's counterpart, the "False or Counterfeit" Messiah. As was the case with Judas, Satan has the ability to enter into and take-over a MAN, giving him immeasurable supernatural powers. There will also be a "False Prophet", who of necessity also be a JEW.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come an apostasia first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
And then shall that Wicked One be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2 Thess 2:3-4, 8-9

Danoh

The more accurate term would be "False Messiah". As there was a "Genuine Messiah", there will be Satan's counterpart, the "False or Counterfeit" Messiah. As was the case with Judas, Satan has the ability to enter into and take-over a MAN, giving him immeasurable supernatural powers. There will also be a "False Prophet", who of necessity also be a JEW.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come an apostasia first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
And then shall that Wicked One be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2 Thess 2:3-4, 8-9

Yep - a Jew he will be.

Daniel 2:23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.

In contrast as to "things that differ" in Scripture with...

Daniel 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

Daniel 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Daniel 11:38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

And the "falling away first" also refers to Jews.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 11:30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

Mark 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Daniel 11:21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

Daniel 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.

CherubRam

Here is a clue to said calculation.

In Scripture, 6 is the number of man.

And 66, the number of rebellion.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.

In Greek and Hebrew letters are used as numbers. The bible says that we calculate the whole number 666.