The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

LetsObeyChrist

I will prove the following two propositions:

1) 666 is a biblical allusion to a man’s name in the Old Testament: Adonikam.

2) The Holy Spirit inspired this Riddle to strengthen the faith of the generation alive in the End Time that will see Adonikam rise to become the Antichrist Beast.

We solve riddles by heeding its details, and spotting any double entendre hinting at a solution. For example, Samson’s riddle (Judges 14:14) contained the solution, honey eaten from the carcass of a lion (Judges 14:8-9, 18):

So he said to them: “Out of the eater came something to eat, And out of the strong came something sweet.” Now for three days they could not explain the riddle. (Jdg. 14:14) NKJ

The word “lion” in Hebrew (ʾarî) is almost identical to an Arabic word for “honey” (ʾary).-Wolf, H. (1992). Judges. In F. E. Gaebelein (Ed.), The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel (Vol. 3, p. 468). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.

Lets Solve the 666 Meaning:

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Rev. 13:18) KJV

John said 666 is the number OF a man, not the number of a name. That’s double entendre, 666 springs from the man, 666 exists because of what the man is or does, it is not his name in code. We must pay attention to the detail with strictness, John insisted we COUNT to arrive at 666, that is one half of the equation. To solve the riddle we must deduce the missing half of the equation that equals 666 and then determine what man caused that calculation to exist, for it is “OF” him. Therefore Gematria, numerology, symbolic meaning, etc. are completely irrelevant.

Lets review other details to find what else is implied in the wording:

This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. (Rev. 13:18) ESV

Christians seek wisdom in scripture, therefore John’s call for it must involve the Bible. Adonikam is the only Bible name of a man 666 and a calculation point to that everyone (3588 ὁ ho) understanding the Bible can find. Once directly (Ezra 2:13) and once after a calculation (Neh. 7:18) subtracting Adonikam’s father who must have had the same name, so 667-1=666 still points to Adonikam. The only reason for the existence of 666 and the calculation resulting in 666, is the man Adonikam so in that sense its the number OF a man named Adonikam, and also the number OF the Beast:

The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six. (Ezr. 2:13) KJV

The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven. (Neh. 7:18) KJV

Having these two verses point to the same name is like having “two witnesses” establishing the matter (Deut. 19:15).

Adonikam alone is the elegant solution, it alone assembles John’s puzzle following all his requirements and still satisfies his expectation anyone with Bible wisdom will discover the one name he had in mind when he penned this riddle.

Not so Kabbalistic Gematria. The pieces just do not fit, and regardless how it is tweaked, so many names are produced it will never satisfy John’s expectation only one name will result and the probability the reader will pick the name John had in mind is infinitesimal.

For more click here

Epoisses

The antichrist will have the characteristics of Solomon and Adonikam the two '666' men of the old testament. He will come and rule the world and take the throne of David but then force the world into some kind of idolatrous worship like Solomon. He will also restore and rebuild Jerusalem and the temple like Adonikam and his family restored the 2nd temple with Zerubbabel.

daqq

Six hundred cubits is the symbolic number for the entire temple complex.
Sixty cubits is the symbolic number for height of the gates.
Six cubits is the symbolic number for the walls, (one reed).

You are the temple.

Epoisses

Six hundred cubits is the symbolic number for the entire temple complex.
Sixty cubits is the symbolic number for height of the gates.
Six cubits is the symbolic number for the walls, (one reed).

You are the temple.

Ergo the rebuilt 3rd temple with it's accompanying return to the Law will be the idolatrous worship introduced by the antichrist!

daqq

Ergo the rebuilt 3rd temple with it's accompanying return to the Law will be the idolatrous worship introduced by the antichrist!

Physical temple buildings made with the hands of men have nothing to do with it, for if indeed "the prince of the power of the air" and "spirit of the world" went out from you when you first believed, then you are commanded to watch, (Mark 13:37, for every disciple is likened to the porter of the door of the house while the Master is as if "away in a far journey", Mark 13:34), for no doubt that same old man spirit of the world and prince of the power of the air will return according to the doctrine of the Master, (Matthew 12:43-45, Luke 11:24-26). For the same reason we are admonished to "test the spirits" to see whether they be of Elohim or not. The one speaking and teaching lawlessness is surely not of Elohim.

Epoisses

Physical temple buildings made with the hands of men have nothing to do with it, for if indeed "the prince of the power of the air" and "spirit of the world" went out from you when you first believed, then you are commanded to watch, (Mark 13:37, for every disciple is likened to the porter of the door of the house while the Master is as if "away in a far journey", Mark 13:34), for no doubt that same old man spirit of the world and prince of the power of the air will return according to the doctrine of the Master, (Matthew 12:43-45, Luke 11:24-26). For the same reason we are admonished to "test the spirits" to see whether they be of Elohim or not. The one speaking and teaching lawlessness is surely not of Elohim.

Read Daniel 9, Matt 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, 2Thess. 2 and almost all of Revelation and open your eyes because those things weren't fulfilled in the past! All Christians for the first 300 years believed that Israel would come to prominence at the end and a future temple would be built where the antichrist would rule the world and we are seeing all of this except for the temple today.

daqq

Read Daniel 9, Matt 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, 2Thess. 2 and almost all of Revelation and open your eyes because those things weren't fulfilled in the past! All Christians for the first 300 years believed that Israel would come to prominence at the end and a future temple would be built where the antichrist would rule the world and we are seeing all of this except for the temple today.

You flatter yourself by telling yourself that I have not read those things. If I did not continually study those things in light of the Gospel accounts and the Testimony of the Master I would not be posting here. And by saying what you have, about so much having never been fulfilled, you reveal that you walk according to the carnal and physical nature in your doctrine because you see those things as physical in meaning. You also disqualify your version of the Messiah because if what you say is true then many things he said never came to pass and he therefore violates the commandments of the Torah, (for example Deut 18:15-22, which passage is even applied to him by Peter in Acts 3:22-26). The reality is of course not that he violated anything but that your version of the Messiah is perverted for your own benefit; and that you cannot help but do, because you walk according to the old man nature in your doctrine, and do not even know that you are doing what you do. And in so doing you deny the full work of the Messiah and all that is accomplished in the Gospel accounts and at Golgotha; none of which you understand, because you do not believe him when he tells you that his words are Spirit.

daqq

ezek-temple.gif

Let them measure the pattern . . . (Ezekiel 43:10).

ezekiel-mikdash-gates.png

1 Chronicles 21:25
25 And David gave to Ornan for the place
[the whole threshingfloor] six hundred shekels of gold by weight.

Ezekiel 43:6-12
6 And I heard him speaking to me out of the house; and the certain one stood by me.
7 And he said to me, Son of man, the place of My throne, and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel to olam,
["to the aiona-age" - LXX] and My holy name shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcasses of their kings in their high places.
8 In their setting of their threshold by My thresholds, and their post by My posts, and the wall between Me and them, they have even defiled My holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in My fury.
9 Now let them put away their whoredom and the carcasses of their kings far away from Me, and I will dwell in the midst of them to olam.
10 You, son of man, show the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, show them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.
12 This is the law of the house: Upon the top of the mountain, the whole limit thereof roundabout shall be most Holy, behold, this is the law of the house!

The profane or commons area is the area which is fifty cubits roundabout in the larger diagram of the temple complex, (which fifty cubits roundabout makes the perimeter 600x600 square and is therefore included in the "law of the house" because it is in the whole limit as the passage quoted above states). The symbolism of the profane commons area is therefore "the flesh" in the body-temple analogies as even taught by Paul, wherein dwells nothing good, (Rom 7:18), but only sin, evil, and symbolic "evil beasts", (the nature of "the flesh").

LetsObeyChrist

The antichrist will have the characteristics of Solomon and Adonikam the two '666' men of the old testament. He will come and rule the world and take the throne of David but then force the world into some kind of idolatrous worship like Solomon. He will also restore and rebuild Jerusalem and the temple like Adonikam and his family restored the 2nd temple with Zerubbabel.

Interesting, but where is the scripture supporting any of that.

Epoisses

References to the sanctuary and temple are some of the most confusing in bible prophecy because there were so many different applications. Moses built the sanctuary in the wilderness and the more permanent temple was built by Solomon and later rebuilt by Zerubabbel. There is a temple in heaven that is described in Hebrews and Revelation where Jesus ministers as our great high priest. God’s people are referred to individually as a spiritual temple and collectively as a holy city or royal priesthood. Context is the key to knowing what is being described. All three applications will be represented in the last days.

beameup

The group that is pushing for the Temple to be rebuilt, feel that "if they build it, he will come". The Temple Institute has already made replacements for all the pieces that were made and put inside the Tabernacle, and later transferred to the Temple (except the ark).

In a dozen places in the O.T. there are references to the Temple being placed within the City of David and near the Gihon Spring; that is NOT on the "Temple Mount", it is 600 ft. SOUTH of it.

Since John in revelation states that the outer court will be accessible to the Gentiles, that leaves only the "Temple Proper" which contains the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place (holy of holies). That is a rather small structure and it would be the THIRD Temple. The Third Temple will be destroyed at the coming of Messiah due to massive earthquakes - the entire landscape will change.

Ezekiels Temple will then be the FOURTH Temple and will be massive and will be built by Messiah. That is the "Millennial Temple".

Epoisses

He will come first and then it will be built. The antichrist is not some Romanian nationalist but a fallen angel. So everyone who is looking on earth for him needs to point there telescopes up to the stars because that's where he will come from.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Gal. 1:8

deborah

According to traditional Judaism "Kabbalah " it means a great secret , perfection and those of the light .

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

beameup

He will come first and then it will be built. The antichrist is not some Romanian nationalist but a fallen angel. So everyone who is looking on earth for him needs to point there telescopes up to the stars because that's where he will come from.

The False Christ will be a man, just like Judas Escariot was a man, when Satan entered into him.

After the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus *said to him, “What you do, do quickly.” - John 13:27
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. - Luke 22:3

beameup

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

I think someone needs to read the Bible.