The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've thought of that. I can't imagine how sad and depressed I would be if Hillary won, I was already down in the dumps right before the election when she was all but guaranteed to win. I feel sorry for Trump haters because their lives have no meaning now :chuckle:

Your ability to read minds is severely lacking, PJ. My life has more than enough meaning to understand that someone has to defend this country against the nutter-n-chief that currently holds the office.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your ability to read minds is severely lacking, PJ. My life has more than enough meaning to understand that someone has to defend this country against the nutter-n-chief that currently holds the office.
I'm still amazed at the enormous victory Trump achieved. Simply amazing. I sometimes watch the election night coverage on Youtube just to relive the excitement, it was one of the most exciting nights of my life, better than the Super Bowl and the World Series combined. I drink the tears of the left :chuckle: :wave:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm still amazed at the enormous victory Trump achieved.
You mean amazed that he won the White House with a minority of the vote? Because yes, that's amazing.
Simply amazing. I sometimes watch the election night coverage on Youtube just to relive the excitement, it was one of the most exciting nights of my life, better than the Super Bowl and the World Series combined.
You were in the band, weren't you. :plain:

I drink the tears of the left :chuckle: :wave:
Whereas the rest of the nation is mostly waving off the continuing flatulence of the right. :shocked: :eek:

WizardofOz

I'm still amazed at the enormous victory Trump achieved. Simply amazing. I sometimes watch the election night coverage on Youtube just to relive the excitement, it was one of the most exciting nights of my life, better than the Super Bowl and the World Series combined. I drink the tears of the left :chuckle: :wave:

:rotfl: I bet you actually do

64785286.jpg

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Winning the 2016 Election was only a means to an end - and that end is "GOVERNING!"

When one political party is provided with control of the White House, the House and the Senate, it is expected to produce tangible results!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Considering the WaPo report alleging Mitch McConnell knew about the Russian hacking and was instrumental in obstructing further action:

"According to several officials, McConnell raised doubts about the underlying intelligence and made clear to the administration that he would consider any effort by the White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan politics."

It puts in a new light McConnell's blockade of Obama's Supreme Court nomination for the better part of a year. Maybe McConnell knew something we didn't know yet.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Considering the WaPo report alleging Mitch McConnell knew about the Russian hacking and was instrumental in obstructing further action:

"According to several officials, McConnell raised doubts about the underlying intelligence and made clear to the administration that he would consider any effort by the White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan politics."

It puts in a new light McConnell's blockade of Obama's Supreme Court nomination for the better part of a year. Perhaps McConnell knew something we didn't know yet?
How can a Republican stop Obama from doing something about Russian meddling way back in August? Another diversion away from the Obama administration

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
How can a Republican stop Obama from doing something about Russian meddling way back in August?

Read the link a page or two back about what Congress knew and when they knew it.

There's blame to go around, it looks like Obama could have done more, sure. But the GOP stonewalled him, for fear it would impact the election (the wrong way for them).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Read the link a page or two back about what Congress knew and when they knew it.

There's blame to go around, it looks like Obama could have done more, sure. But the GOP stonewalled him, for fear it would impact the election (the wrong way for them).
It just seems like Obama and the Clinton consortium would be eager to put that news out there, unless. . . they thought it might hurt their campaign

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It just seems like Obama and the Clinton consortium would be eager to put that news out there, unless. . . they thought it might hurt their campaign

They would have howled if Obama had suggested postponing the election pending an investigation. :)

The Washington Post reported:

“The Dems were, ‘Hey, we have to tell the public,’ ” recalled one participant. But Republicans resisted, arguing that to warn the public that the election was under attack would further Russia’s aim of sapping confidence in the system.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) went further, officials said, voicing skepticism that the underlying intelligence truly supported the White House’s claims. Through a spokeswoman, McConnell declined to comment, citing the secrecy of that meeting.

Key Democrats were stunned by the GOP response and exasperated that the White House seemed willing to let Republican opposition block any pre-election move.

Sen. McConnell’s doubt of the intelligence is the same tactic that has been used by Trump and his administration since the Russia scandal heated up. The other problem is that the Obama White House let McConnell block them and did nothing. Looking back with 20/20 perspective, it is easy to say that Obama should have issued a warning about Russian election meddling without the Republicans on board, but his concern that the Russia issue would turn into a partisan one that could destroy the integrity of the election was legitimate.

What the now former president couldn’t have known was that he was facing a no-win situation. The integrity of this election was going be damaged no matter what because the Russians had already acted.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How can a Republican stop Obama from doing something about Russian meddling way back in August? Another diversion away from the Obama administration

Had Obama done that ... and even going further, suppose Comey confirmed that the Russians were behind the hack and attempting to help Trump ... and Trump lost, how would *you* have responded. EVERYONE knows Trump would STILL be howling "RIGGED" and his Trumpette's would be echoing the sentiment.

THAT is why Obama stayed out of it ... and he shouldn't have. He should have told McConnell to stuff it and announced the info from every mountain top.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Winning the 2016 Election was only a means to an end - and that end is "GOVERNING!"

When one political party is provided with control of the White House, the House and the Senate, it is expected to produce tangible results!
Yeah, after a whole 5 months, everything should be fixed with healthcare, taxes, the wall, infrastructure etc. It should all be done by now, right?