The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

exminister

That was way before any investigation - go back to bed

He was being given intell then. He was told. Maybe his short attention span caused it to go in one ear and out the other. But he was calling it a hoax even after Republicans were calling it true. I think it was only last week he said it was true. But we don't know about next week.

Like the Obama birther lie, Trump is the very, very last to admit he is wrong. Which really since his fans think he is right always it would be simpler just to admit it much sooner and he just might pick up more fans who are independent.

Remember in the campaign he was going to clear out the swamp, critized Hilary for giving speeches at Goldman Sachs and then he fills his cabinet with GS big wigs without even a twinge of hypocrisy. Now 6 months later he brags about bringing the GS swamp in and says to his fans "who wants poor people to be in his cabinet?" He can insult his fans and they love him for it despite the logical whiplash he inflicts on them.

glorydaz

He was being given intell then. He was told. Maybe his short attention span caused it to go in one ear and out the other. But he was calling it a hoax even after Republicans were calling it true. I think it was only last week he said it was true. But we don't know about next week.

The Russians were doing what they have always done....it was the mountain made out of the molehill that was a "hoax". It was simply an excuse they drummed up before Trump even took office, and both sides know it.

Like the Obama birther lie, Trump is the very, very last to admit he is wrong. Which really since his fans think he is right always it would be simpler just to admit it much sooner and he just might pick up more fans who are independent.

Lie? :chuckle:

Remember in the campaign he was going to clear out the swamp, critized Hilary for giving speeches at Goldman Sachs and then he fills his cabinet with GS big wigs without even a twinge of hypocrisy. Now 6 months later he brags about bringing the GS swamp in and says to his fans "who wants poor people to be in his cabinet?" He can insult his fans and they love him for it despite the logical whiplash he inflicts on them.

See how you people are? The "swamp" was never GS...it was Hillary and the Washington establishment.

As far as "poor people" in the Cabinet? We want people who know how to make money in the Cabinet. We want SUCCESSFUL people in the Cabinet....not those who live off the government, but those who can make the government run.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ah, let them vent, PJ. If they don't let off steam, they'll implode.
I've thought of that. I can't imagine how sad and depressed I would be if Hillary won, I was already down in the dumps right before the election when she was all but guaranteed to win. I feel sorry for Trump haters because their lives have no meaning now :chuckle:

glorydaz

I've thought of that. I can't imagine how sad and depressed I would be if Hillary won, I was already down in the dumps right before the election when she was all but guaranteed to win. I feel sorry for Trump haters because their lives have no meaning now :chuckle:

Even worse....they have changed....for the worst. People I know personally, and have known for years, who have put their hatred of Trump and his supporters over their own family and friends. They are like the walking dead....eyes glazed over and spewing vile. Green slime coming from their lips, posting memes about blood soaked floors and people dying in the streets from lack of health care.

Seriously, my heart aches for them. They cannot be reasoned with, and they are boasting in their lack of tolerance for patriotism and righteousness. :sigh:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Even worse....they have changed....for the worst. People I know personally, and have known for years, who have put their hatred of Trump and his supporters over their own family and friends. They are like the walking dead....eyes glazed over and spewing vile. Green slime coming from their lips, posting memes about blood soaked floors and people dying in the streets from lack of health care.

Seriously, my heart aches for them. They cannot be reasoned with, and they are boasting in their lack of tolerance for patriotism and righteousness. :sigh:

DRAMA QUEENS abound in La La Land. :rotfl:

:chuckle:

glorydaz

And those memes about blood soaked floors....all posted by liberals from La La Land. :thumb:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And those memes about blood soaked floors....all posted by liberals from La La Land. :thumb:

Oh, but the green slime is all yours, you drama queen, you! :chuckle:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

When the details of this dark period of American history are finally written, I doubt that many of our conservative "friends" will have the "intestinal fortitude" to admit that they were once ardent supporters of this President and his Administration!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

When the details of this dark period of American history are finally written, I doubt that many of our conservative "friends" will have the "intestinal fortitude" to admit that they were once ardent supporters of this President and his Administration!

So true. I'm constantly amazed by the things they're willing to ignore. He was right about one thing, he really could stand in the middle of 5th. Ave. and shoot someone and they'd still support him. Especially for Right-wing Authoritarian personalities, between their blind loyalty and his constant mantra of "fake news!" which keeps them unbelieving of anything outside the Breitbart/Drudge/Fox bubble, Trump could declare martial law and they'd say that fascism is necessary to protect us from 'muslims' and 'liberals.'

ClimateSanity

This is why you guys are losing and grasping at straws:

Julian Assange had this to say about todays Democrat Party:

The collapse of the Democratic vote over the last eight years is at every level, city, state, Congressional and presidential. It corresponds to the domination of Democratic decision making structures by a professional, educated, urban service class and to the shocking decline in health and longevity of white males, who together with their wives, daughters, mothers, etc. comprise 63% of the US population (2010 census).

This was put out there by Christina Laila of Gateway Pundit.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
IF JOHNNY DEPP AND KATHY GRIFFIN WERE REPUBLICANS, THEY'D BE SHAKING HANDS WITH THE PRESIDENT

Right-wingers can complain all they want about "the angry left," but "the angry right" is welcome in the White House. It's not just Ted Nugent. It's this guy:

An adviser to Donald Trump’s campaign who said Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton should be shot for treason was given a prime seat at a White House bill-signing ceremony on Friday.

Al Baldasaro, a New Hampshire GOP state representative who advised Trump on veterans issues during the campaign, sat in one of the first two rows of seats in the East Room as Trump signed a bill making it easier for the Veterans Administration to fire employees accused of misconduct.

Baldasaro, in a radio interview during the campaign, criticized Clinton for the 2012 attack on a U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, and said she should be “put in the firing line and shot for treason.” Trump later praised Baldasaro.

And then there's this Trump appointee:

Before William C. Bradford was appointed by the Trump administration to run the Energy Department’s Office of Indian Energy, he tweeted a slew of disparaging remarks about the real and imagined ethnic, religious and gender identities of former president Barack Obama, Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, TV news host Megyn Kelly and Japanese Americans during World War II.​
. . . .

And before anyone starts citing the latest Bret Stephens column to argue that it's Twitter that makes people write angry things, let me point out that Bradford is also a long-form rageoholic:

This would not be the first time Bradford courted controversy — except that it previously concerned a lengthy, 95-page law journal article rather than several short, 140-character-or-fewer tweets. In 2015, he resigned from his post at West Point after writing an academic paper arguing the United States should threaten to destroy Muslim holy sites in war “even if it means great destruction, innumerable enemy casualties, and civilian collateral damage.”

[More at the link about how Bradford would take military action against academics and journalists.]

Let me say it again: This man has a job in the Trump administration.

Johnny Depp joked about a Trump assassination (and has now apologized) -- but he's not in the government. Neither is Kathy Griffin (who's lost work for her Trump death joke).

Phil Montag, a Nebraska Democratic Party official who made offensive remarks about Representative Steve Scalise, has lost his job. Al Baldasaro, by contrast, is still a New Hampshire state legislator.

There's intemperate speech on all sides -- but increasingly there's no penalty for it on the right.