The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
by that i mean that regardless of what retarded liberals like you think, when you cast your vote, you're voting for your electoral representative
Like I said, no one is disputing the process (though people still cast their votes for candidates). But if you're going to yell and throw the old liberal lie or "retard" out then buttercup you're on the functional ignore pile until you can at least act like an adult.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
worth noting what the townclown is running away from:

town said:
A different election in any number of ways ...

name two ways in which the 2000 election was objectively different from the 2016 election in that it negated your mythical "popular vote mandate"

town said:
, from the degree of separation to the public feeling about both candidates.

you're kidding, right?

the acrimony over bush getting help from his brother (hanging chads, anyone?) to steal the election away from Al "Chicken Little" Gore was phenomenal

town said:
In any event, I'm speaking to this presidential election and I've answered you on the practical impact ...

you've found it impossible to give any objective examples, though :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, so boring...

Is this why you troll people who have such a better vocabulary than you? A feeling of ineptness perhaps?

Do a course or something and improve your lexicon.

:)
He's just an aging bully with no actual power and mounting frustration, maybe. Whatever he is the poor sod can't get out of his own way.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I hate tattling, unless it is an abusive, egregious matter.

I took my own kiddos to task if they tattled and it was not warranted.
I tell Jack the same thing. A few years back chrys asked me a question about reporting that led to my realizing how often I'd grown accustomed to using the function. So I created the Cub Reporter's thread as a way to remind people, myself included, to keep perspective and stop giving the mods so much to pore through. I think it slowed the pace a little. I know it did for me.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I tell Jack the same thing. A few years back chrys asked me a question about reporting that led to my realizing how often I'd grown accustomed to using the function. So I created the Cub Reporter's thread as a way to remind people, myself included, to keep perspective and stop giving the mods so much to pour through. I think it slowed the pace a little. I know it did for me.

Good.
It often seems like kids asking moderators to act like punitive parents.
When really, it is best to only report obvious rule violations. Otherwise, work the problem out yourselves. The poor mods are not paid to do the job, so, it is out of their good intentions, to help out managing the forum.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

That's right, it's pore. You know, I don't think I've ever actually written it before, but I've used it conversationally all of my life. Thanks. I never would have caught it and no spell check would have either. Excellent.

It often seems like kids asking moderators to act like punitive parents.
When I got here I had never been a part of a forum and I thought of people the way I would neighbors. When they behaved badly, willfully and without any apparent discomfort or regret I couldn't understand it. It took a very long time before I could stop thinking of some people around here outside of my cultural conditioning. Even when I traveled abroad I tended to stay within those same sort of circles, especially in my formative years. I know you'll understand that and what comes with it. Anyway, I went to the mods far too often then, believing that the rules you signed on to abide by constituted an honor code. :chuckle:

Eventually, I realized you can't reason with the unreasonable or expect a dog not to pee on the carpet if he hasn't been properly trained. And that along with the genuine people I'd met here were an uncommon number of dogs walking upright and looking for a corner. When I turned that one I started having a lot more fun.

When really, it is best to only report obvious rule violations.
With me it's mostly about blasphemy and profanity. I can give some leeway to the sort of thing anna did, but I'm still uncomfortable with it. I tend to redact it when reposting a bit that contains it.

Otherwise, work the problem out yourselves
And perspective will solve most of it. I think Jack mellowed and altered my own.

The poor mods are not paid to do the job, so, it is out of their good intentions, to help out managing the forum.
True enough. :cheers:

Last edited:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
The first time I received a ban it was due, evidently, to a difference of opinion on the implication of a statement I made. I will never forget the frustration and sense of inequity resulting from the experience.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The first time I received a ban it was due, evidently, to a difference of opinion on the implication of a statement I made. I will never forget the frustration and sense of inequity resulting from the experience.

some wounds never heal