The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

ClimateSanity

Sir Edmond Hillary?

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app
Also. On another note. Every post is time stamped. If I make five posts to you before we get into a snit, and I tell you to stop following me, and then you proceed to answer my four previous posts to you in a snotty and attacking manner, aren't you still following me even if those posts were directed to you? When I say stop following....it means quit posting to me period. Any post out there by me to respond to is a post I made before the demand. They are still following me. Can you see my point?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
She didn't win. The EC determines the presidency.
apparently, town and his new best buddy barbie think hillary won something
Apparently you've finally found someone with your grasp of nuance. :plain:

trump won the presidency,

what mandate doesn't he have?
The one most presidents claim when a majority of the people support them.

Also. On another note. Every post is time stamped.
And in your case, foot as well.

If I make five posts to you before we get into a snit,
Then you're officially in the GM sweepstakes.

and I tell you to stop following me,
Then you apparently are already in a snit.

and then you proceed to answer my four previous posts to you in a snotty and attacking manner,
Which you get to decide.

When I say stop following....it means quit posting to me period.
So...you want to be able to make five unanswered posts to someone you've gotten your nickers (no, Trad) in a twist over--- on the strength of a "called it" approach to a new final word(s) posting etiquette? :plain:

GM is going to love that idea. I can feel a "Good post!" coming on. And a Tam rep hard on its heels. :shocked:

Can you see my point?
Oh, that's hard to miss...so you might want to try it again for Sod or GM.

ClimateSanity

Apparently you've finally found someone with your grasp of nuance. :plain:

And in your case, foot as well.

Then you're officially in the GM sweepstakes.

Then you apparently are already in a snit.

Which you get to decide.

So...you want to be able to make five unanswered posts to someone you've gotten your nickers (no, Trad) in a twist over--- on the strength of a "called it" approach to a new final word(s) posting etiquette? :plain:

GM is going to love that idea. I can feel a "Good post!" coming on. And a Tam rep hard on its heels. :shocked:

Oh, that's hard to miss...so you might want to try it again for Sod or GM.
I guess you are for.changing rules to.allow your friends to.stalk me

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I guess you are for.changing rules to.allow your friends to.stalk me
To quote Stipe's last full blown counter, "Nope."

If you think someone is following you about the joint you make a complaint and the mods will look at it. But if you're in a thread where other people are posting and they respond to your posts, however they respond, that's not stalking. That's how forums work.

And if you've made five unanswered posts to that someone you reeeeaaaaly don't have much of a case for suggesting unwanted attention because you tried to turn your homage to GM into last words.

ClimateSanity

To quote Stipe's last full blown counter, "Nope."

If you think someone is following you about the joint you make a complaint and the mods will look at it. But if you're in a thread where other people are posting and they respond to your posts, however they respond, that's not stalking. That's how forums work.

And if you've made five unanswered posts to that someone you reeeeaaaaly don't have much of a case for suggesting unwanted attention because you tried to turn them into last words.
If I tell you to stop talking to me and then you proceed to talk to me.....it's stalking..... No lawyer jibberjab can change that

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If I say stop talking to me.....I mean this instant
If that was all that mattered Sod would have lost most of his ability to post years ago. :think: Tempting, but no.

If I tell you to stop talking to me and then you proceed to talk to me.....it's stalking....
It really isn't, which is why for all the posts you've wasted on the topic nothing has actually changed.

No lawyer jibberjab can change that
This isn't a legal question, though you'd lose on that one too.

ClimateSanity

If that was all that mattered Sod would have lost most of his ability to post years ago. :think: Tempting, but no.

It really isn't, which is why for all the posts you've wasted on the topic nothing has actually changed.

This isn't a legal question, though you'd lose on that one too.
So, I am free to keep pestering you on some point you made years ago after a judge issues a restraining ot against me????

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, I am free to keep pestering you on some point you made years ago after a judge issues a restraining ot against me????
But you don't have a restraining order.

In my experience around here, if someone keeps popping up around you and making you the issue instead of your posts the mods will eventually issue some sort of cease and desist. BUT, if you want that you can't engage them five times then declare the matter settled. Because that's going to look like you're simply trying to use the mods to get a last word in.

I get posts about me all the time, whole threads even. I ignore the threads and answer the posts I feel like answering, leave the rest on the vine. Sometimes I let someone who appears to be all about the old last word have it and simply walk away. I did that in a censorship thread the other day. Hit the old unsubscribe option and call it when you've made the point you wanted to. If someone wants to keep angling for attention and consideration it's really up to you how much of either they receive.

Ultimately, there are all sorts of ways to deal with people who annoy you, including the ignore function. But the easiest is to remember what this all is and what it isn't. Perspective is the best weapon any of us have in the war against overestimating what's going on around here and the only real way to be mindful of what isn't.

ClimateSanity

But you don't have a restraining order.

In my experience around here, if someone keeps popping up around you and making you the issue instead of your posts the mods will eventually issue some sort of cease and desist. BUT, if you want that you can't engage them five times then declare the matter settled. Because that's going to look like you're simply trying to use the mods to get a last word in.

I get posts about me all the time, whole threads even. I ignore the threads and answer the posts I feel like answering, leave the rest on the vine. Sometimes I let someone who appears to be all about the old last word have it and simply walk away. I did that in a censorship thread the other day. Hit the old unsubscribe option and call it when you've made the point you wanted to. If someone wants to keep angling for attention and consideration it's really up to you how much of either they receive. There are all sorts of ways to deal with people who annoy you, including the ignore function. But the easiest is to remember what this all is and what it isn't. Perspective is the best weapon any of us have in the war against overestimating what's going on around here and the only real way to be mindful of what isn't.
I don't have a restraining order but the logic is the same.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

and hillary won that, as i said

1. what good is going to do her?
2. what affect does it have on trump not to have it?

he's still got the three mandates that matter

and she's got the one that doesn't

:mock:hillary

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
and hillary won that, as i said
Sure, but she's not president. Now the guy who won doesn't have a popular mandate, only an EC generated win and a popularity rating of around 41% the last time I saw it.

1. what good is going to do her?
Given I didn't support her it's not something that keeps me up nights.

2. what affect does it have on trump not to have it?
It limits his power with a nervous Congress that wasn't really inclined to rubber stamp his notions to begin with.

fool

Hall of Fame
If I say stop talking to me.....I mean this instant
No one is talking to you, this board doesn't have any kind of live chat feature and no sound.
If someone is a bore, then you can manually ignore via your scroll wheel, or there's an ignore feature that will hide that person's posts. You don't even have to waste screen space seeing their posts.
But they will still see your posts, and they can still quote and respond to them.
The real ignore function is between your ears.