The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke

The Master’s Second Coming

(1914.2) 176:2.1 On several occasions Jesus had made statements which led his hearers to infer that, while he intended presently to leave this world, he would most certainly return to consummate the work of the heavenly kingdom. As the conviction grew on his followers that he was going to leave them, and after he had departed from this world, it was only natural for all believers to lay fast hold upon these promises to return. The doctrine of the second coming of Christ thus became early incorporated into the teachings of the Christians, and almost every subsequent generation of disciples has devoutly believed this truth and has confidently looked forward to his sometime coming.

(1914.3) 176:2.2 If they were to part with their Master and Teacher, how much more did these first disciples and the apostles grasp at this promise to return, and they lost no time in associating the predicted destruction of Jerusalem with this promised second coming. And they continued thus to interpret his words notwithstanding that, throughout this evening of instruction on Mount Olivet, the Master took particular pains to prevent just such a mistake.

(1914.4) 176:2.3 In further answer to Peter’s question, Jesus said: “Why do you still look for the Son of Man to sit upon the throne of David and expect that the material dreams of the Jews will be fulfilled? Have I not told you all these years that my kingdom is not of this world? The things which you now look down upon are coming to an end, but this will be a new beginning out of which the gospel of the kingdom will go to all the world and this salvation will spread to all peoples. And when the kingdom shall have come to its full fruition, be assured that the Father in heaven will not fail to visit you with an enlarged revelation of truth and an enhanced demonstration of righteousness, even as he has already bestowed upon this world him who became the prince of darkness, and then Adam, who was followed by Melchizedek, and in these days, the Son of Man. And so will my Father continue to manifest his mercy and show forth his love, even to this dark and evil world. So also will I, after my Father has invested me with all power and authority, continue to follow your fortunes and to guide in the affairs of the kingdom by the presence of my spirit, who shall shortly be poured out upon all flesh. Even though I shall thus be present with you in spirit, I also promise that I will sometime return to this world, where I have lived this life in the flesh and achieved the experience of simultaneously revealing God to man and leading man to God. Very soon must I leave you and take up the work the Father has intrusted to my hands, but be of good courage, for I will sometime return. In the meantime, my Spirit of the Truth of a universe shall comfort and guide you.

(1915.1) 176:2.4 “You behold me now in weakness and in the flesh, but when I return, it shall be with power and in the spirit. The eye of flesh beholds the Son of Man in the flesh, but only the eye of the spirit will behold the Son of Man glorified by the Father and appearing on earth in his own name.

(1915.2) 176:2.5 “But the times of the reappearing of the Son of Man are known only in the councils of Paradise; not even the angels of heaven know when this will occur. However, you should understand that, when this gospel of the kingdom shall have been proclaimed to all the world for the salvation of all peoples, and when the fullness of the age has come to pass, the Father will send you another dispensational bestowal, or else the Son of Man will return to adjudge the age.

(1915.3) 176:2.6 “And now concerning the travail of Jerusalem, about which I have spoken to you, even this generation will not pass away until my words are fulfilled; but concerning the times of the coming again of the Son of Man, no one in heaven or on earth may presume to speak. But you should be wise regarding the ripening of an age; you should be alert to discern the signs of the times. You know when the fig tree shows its tender branches and puts forth its leaves that summer is near. Likewise, when the world has passed through the long winter of material-mindedness and you discern the coming of the spiritual springtime of a new dispensation, should you know that the summertime of a new visitation draws near.

(1915.4) 176:2.7 “But what is the significance of this teaching having to do with the coming of the Sons of God? Do you not perceive that, when each of you is called to lay down his life struggle and pass through the portal of death, you stand in the immediate presence of judgment, and that you are face to face with the facts of a new dispensation of service in the eternal plan of the infinite Father? What the whole world must face as a literal fact at the end of an age, you, as individuals, must each most certainly face as a personal experience when you reach the end of your natural life and thereby pass on to be confronted with the conditions and demands inherent in the next revelation of the eternal progression of the Father’s kingdom.”

(1915.5) 176:2.8 Of all the discourses which the Master gave his apostles, none ever became so confused in their minds as this one, given this Tuesday evening on the Mount of Olives, regarding the twofold subject of the destruction of Jerusalem and his own second coming. There was, therefore, little agreement between the subsequent written accounts based on the memories of what the Master said on this extraordinary occasion. Consequently, when the records were left blank concerning much that was said that Tuesday evening, there grew up many traditions; and very early in the second century a Jewish apocalyptic about the Messiah written by one Selta, who was attached to the court of the Emperor Caligula, was bodily copied into the Matthew Gospel and subsequently added (in part) to the Mark and Luke records. It was in these writings of Selta that the parable of the ten virgins appeared. No part of the gospel record ever suffered such confusing misconstruction as this evening’s teaching. But the Apostle John never became thus confused.

(1915.6) 176:2.9 As these thirteen men resumed their journey toward the camp, they were speechless and under great emotional tension. Judas had finally confirmed his decision to abandon his associates. It was a late hour when David Zebedee, John Mark, and a number of the leading disciples welcomed Jesus and the twelve to the new camp, but the apostles did not want to sleep; they wanted to know more about the destruction of Jerusalem, the Master’s departure, and the end of the world.

Past, present, future are all concepts that veil the eternal now, we wrestle with these programmed concepts born in the illusion of time, anything based on those restrictions be it Bi-Bull, U-aint there yet type of teachings are just riding the hands of time, and it never stops until we break the time barrier.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Past, present, future are all concepts that veil the eternal now, we wrestle with these programmed concepts born in the illusion of time, anything based on those restrictions be it Bi-Bull, U-aint there yet type of teachings are just riding the hands of time, and it never stops until we break the time barrier.

Ok, but reality, while it may be difficult, is the only place to get a hot meal. :TomO:

Aimiel

So, you're saying that the 'second coming' according to the "fictionalized" UB was the Roman army and not Christ? You don't know the Scriptures well enough to speculate on what they mean! It's not your fault though; because you're a cultist and not a Christian!

Amen... except a man is born again he cannot even SEE The Kingdom.

God's Truth

I've known about and believed in Jesus since I was a child. I grew up going to a Methodist church that was relatively moderate. I remember the inner conflict between the truth of the goodness of God and the conflicting portrayal of God in the incoherent explanation provided in religion. I was suspicious of many things like YEC, YEC-sin, Noah's story etc.

When I first started hearing about what was written in the UB when I was probably 15-16 from dad, who had been a reader sense the 60's , it was as if I already knew what was in the book. It was very common sense type of stuff.

Then when I was 22 years old and was born again as the result of a deep crisis in my life, I began in earnest my search for understanding. I read the entire UB and discovered a deeper understanding of Jesus, where he came from, why he came, what his religion was, what his whole life story is and where he is now and who he has always been.

The Jesus of the UB is the same Jesus of the Bible.

Do you see what you said? You said you were a Methodist as a child, then searched God in the UB.
Please, believe me when I tell you that you have to search for God in the Holy Bible, in the New Testament.
I was raised a strict Catholic, then began searching for God’s Truth when I was 24. I let other religions explain to me what they said was God’s Truth. However, I wanted God’s Truth and not some denomination’s truth. I started doing what Jesus said in the New Testament, then Jesus saved me, then Jesus revealed himself to me, just as he says in the scriptures.

John 14:21 He who has my commandments and obeys them--he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will clearly reveal myself to him."

Zeke

Ok, but reality, while it may be difficult, is the only place to get a hot meal. :TomO:

Temporal food is like temporal fables, they have a sleep inducing effect on the minds (ship) ability to discern actuality as it (sails) journeys through times yellow brick road..Kansas awaits you're re-turn from OZ.

God's Truth

((( There IS - No "JESUS" Teachings!! - "NONE" )))!!!! Read IT!! -- Every Word Jesus SAID Was (( "PARABLE" / "Com'Parable" ))!!!! - That means that every Word Jesus said was "Something Other than the Truth"!! -- The Truth Can be (((( Gathered )))) / (((( "GATHERED" )))) From the Planting of His PARABLES / "COM'PARABLES"!! -- ((((( That's What GOD "IS" SAYING!!! - ( Prove that Wrong! - None of you Can ). You All Just SPIT From your GUT!!

You're NO Different than any of the Other TROLLS on TOL, Your Here are ALSO Taking UP (( Web Space )) Worthlessly!!

Paul

There is something wrong with you for sure.

Listen, they are God's commands, and they are Jesus' command.

The scriptures tell us that

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

They are Jesus’ commands.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Jesus is God.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Temporal food is like temporal fables, they have a sleep inducing effect on the minds (ship) ability to discern actuality as it (sails) journeys through times yellow brick road..Kansas awaits you're re-turn from OZ.

I've gotta wonder how you went from being fully aware of the lies of Kabbalah to being a Kabbalist. How did that happen?

All the allegorical esotericism you're attempting to embrace is within the Christian faith itself. I'm not talking about the marginalized mainstream legalistic drivel, but the hypostatic truth of the actual faith that few are living..

I'm already "out". My lymbic system has been purged of its subconscious deception and I'm already seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

There is no temporality as reality. And literality has nothing to do with tangibility relative to temporality.

The religionized Christian faith isn't the true faith. Everyone has mistaken the mask for the face, even among professing Believers.

It's too bad you had to accept the substitute and counterfeit and duplicate forgery of lies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

The problem with formulating a belief system, concepts and personal theology from "between[ ]the lines" is that there isn't anything there. I'm not saying that you can't have those beliefs it's just that we don't have any conceptual foundation in common.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A true education is priceless........

A true education is priceless........

Freelight, do you think, 'Letsargue' would be a good candidate for
the Urantia Cult?

See Here :readthis: Until you educate yourself, you are disqualified from discussion.

~*~*~

For an insight into the Nature of 'cultism' -

87:7.1 The cult type of social organization persisted because it provided a symbolism for the preservation and stimulation of moral sentiments and religious loyalties. The cult grew out of the traditions of “old families” and was perpetuated as an established institution; all families have a cult of some sort. Every inspiring ideal grasps for some perpetuating symbolism—seeks some technique for cultural manifestation which will insure survival and augment realization—and the cult achieves this end by fostering and gratifying emotion.

87:7.2 From the dawn of civilization every appealing movement in social culture or religious advancement has developed a ritual, a symbolic ceremonial. The more this ritual has been an unconscious growth, the stronger it has gripped its devotees. The cult preserved sentiment and satisfied emotion, but it has always been the greatest obstacle to social reconstruction and spiritual progress.

87:7.3 Notwithstanding that the cult has always retarded social progress, it is regrettable that so many modern believers in moral standards and spiritual ideals have no adequate symbolism—no cult of mutual support—nothing to belong to. But a religious cult cannot be manufactured; it must grow. And those of no two groups will be identical unless their rituals are arbitrarily standardized by authority.

- Paper 87.7 The Nature of Cultism (full text/audio)

The UB provides a conceptual-frame, fundamental principles, universal ideals and eternal values upon which man may morally and spiritually progress, promoting the dynamic of a living religion, one that fosters faith in goodness, truth and beauty, in doing the divine will, in loving God and serving others.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the Spirit will guide and teach you all things......

the Spirit will guide and teach you all things......

Caino, do you really believe that God thinks highly of the UB? Considering
that it's an uninspired addition to the "Inspired written word of God?"

A true principle, enduring value, moral precept, universal ideal has meaning and pertinence wherever it is found. By making the ludicrous statement above, you assume you know what 'God' thinks, and that the Bible is the inspired written word of God. You have no proof of that, while the claim that it is inerrant or infallible is even more unlikely, since nothing that comes thru human channels and its conditionings is wholly pure, wholly true or 'final', since truth unfolds itself thru progressive revelation as man evolves and becomes receptive to ongoing revelation.

Concerning Revelation:

101:5.1 Revelation is a technique whereby ages upon ages of time are saved in the necessary work of sorting and sifting the errors of evolution from the truths of spirit acquirement.

101:5.2 Science deals with facts; religion is concerned only with values. Through enlightened philosophy the mind endeavors to unite the meanings of both facts and values, thereby arriving at a concept of complete reality. Remember that science is the domain of knowledge, philosophy the realm of wisdom, and religion the sphere of the faith experience. But religion, nonetheless, presents two phases of manifestation:

1. Evolutionary religion. The experience of primitive worship, the religion which is a mind derivative.

2. Revealed religion. The universe attitude which is a spirit derivative; the assurance of, and belief in, the conservation of eternal realities, the survival of personality, and the eventual attainment of the cosmic Deity, whose purpose has made all this possible. It is a part of the plan of the universe that, sooner or later, evolutionary religion is destined to receive the spiritual expansion of revelation.

- Paper 101, The Real Nature of Religion

Don't forget the concept of 'continuous' and 'progressive' revelation.

pj

Zeke

I've gotta wonder how you went from being fully aware of the lies of Kabbalah to being a Kabbalist. How did that happen?

All the allegorical esotericism you're attempting to embrace is within the Christian faith itself. I'm not talking about the marginalized mainstream legalistic drivel, but the hypostatic truth of the actual faith that few are living..

I'm already "out". My lymbic system has been purged of its subconscious deception and I'm already seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

There is no temporality as reality. And literality has nothing to do with tangibility relative to temporality.

The religionized Christian faith isn't the true faith. Everyone has mistaken the mask for the face, even among professing Believers.

It's too bad you had to accept the substitute and counterfeit and duplicate forgery of lies.

You're only first mate though, the owner of the shipping company had to help you obtain your currant position, you brag about it but still you don't own anything other than a perception, and even that can fall over board and be lost at sea.

What is the shipping salvage outfit you work for?

Letsargue

There is something wrong with you for sure.

Listen, they are God's commands, and they are Jesus' command.

The scriptures tell us that

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

They are Jesus’ commands.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Jesus is God.

(( NO!! ))!!! The Scriptures Don't Tell YOU Anything; - NOT "YOU"!!

There is NO Scripture that IS To You or anyone TODAY. - The Cursed Catholics have made ALL Those FALSE Changes in the Word of God, and Only the Fools of Satan Continue to accept the Catholic's Garbage!!

( Romans 1:7 KJV ) -&- ( 1 Corinthians 1:2 KJV ) -&- ( 2 Corinthians 1:1 KJV ) -&-
( Galatians 1:2 KJV ) -&- ( Ephesians 1:1 KJV ) -&- ( Philippians 1:1 KJV ) -&-
( Colossians 1:2 KJV ) -&- ( Thessalonians 1:1 KJV ) -&- ( 2 Thessalonians 1:1 KJV ) -&-
( 1 Timothy 1:1 KJV ) -&- ( 2 Timothy 1:2 KJV ) -- AND ALL THE ( "REST" )!!!

There is not a One of those, OR any of the other Letters / "LETTERS", Not BOOKS; - "LETTERS"; that are to any Fool in your World TODAY!!! The Catholic's made that Lie and You ALL Follow what the Cursed Catholic's have changed the Word of God TO BE; - ((( Like Mary's Christ Mass )))!!!
God said (( Romans 3:10-13 KJV )) and YOU ALL SPIT ON GOD THERE!!!

Have IT Your WAY, and Not Christ's "WAY"!!

Paul

Zeke

The problem with formulating a belief system, concepts and personal theology from "between[ ]the lines" is that there isn't anything there. I'm not saying that you can't have those beliefs it's just that we don't have any conceptual foundation in common.

Yet when the same book is read by someone else the formula breaks down, what you build is based on you're conception and mental pictures you create, and effected by emotional implants passed on to you from genetics.

That nothing you disregard speaks, just like a deer can pick up nose you can't, or a weak radio only picks up static doesn't mean there isn't any signal that other ears can't hear.

God's Truth

(( NO!! ))!!! The Scriptures Don't Tell YOU Anything; - NOT "YOU"!!

There is NO Scripture that IS To You or anyone TODAY. - The Cursed Catholics have made ALL Those FALSE Changes in the Word of God, and Only the Fools of Satan Continue to accept the Catholic's Garbage!!

( Romans 1:7 KJV ) -&- ( 1 Corinthians 1:2 KJV ) -&- ( 2 Corinthians 1:1 KJV ) -&-
( Galatians 1:2 KJV ) -&- ( Ephesians 1:1 KJV ) -&- ( Philippians 1:1 KJV ) -&-
( Colossians 1:2 KJV ) -&- ( Thessalonians 1:1 KJV ) -&- ( 2 Thessalonians 1:1 KJV ) -&-
( 1 Timothy 1:1 KJV ) -&- ( 2 Timothy 1:2 KJV ) -- AND ALL THE ( "REST" )!!!

There is not a One of those, OR any of the other Letters / "LETTERS", Not BOOKS; - "LETTERS"; that are to any Fool in your World TODAY!!! The Catholic's made that Lie and You ALL Follow what the Cursed Catholic's have changed the Word of God TO BE; - ((( Like Mary's Christ Mass )))!!!
God said (( Romans 3:10-13 KJV )) and YOU ALL SPIT ON GOD THERE!!!

Have IT Your WAY, and Not Christ's "WAY"!!

Paul

I feel sorry for your loved one who takes care of you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
In awe of Creation....with courage to learn.....

In awe of Creation....with courage to learn.....

Its a white-washed evangelical promo piece, a hodge-podge production. Note my comment in the comment section. It does have some UB readers share their testimony however, although it still presents them as 'deceived', even though their lives have been blessed, enhanced, consciousness raised and vision expanded.

Its peculiar how the urge to attack and discredit is coming from a place of fear or insecurity apparently, for if someone had 'truth', they would be open and accepting of 'truth' wherever it is found, corresponding and correlating to truth found in other writings (conceptual-frames, cult-ural contexts, mythologies). Instead a wholesale attack (a gesture from a fear-based ego?) is performed, all the while exalting their own 'image' of God or 'truth' as the only true one (an objective idolization of sorts).

See this portion on Divine Truth, beauty, goodness. Its important to understand 'truth' on both 'absolute' and 'relative' levels of being.

2:7.1 All finite knowledge and creature understanding are relative. Information and intelligence, gleaned from even high sources, is only relatively complete, locally accurate, and personally true.

2:7.2 Physical facts are fairly uniform, but truth is a living and flexible factor in the philosophy of the universe. Evolving personalities are only partially wise and relatively true in their communications. They can be certain only as far as their personal experience extends. That which apparently may be wholly true in one place may be only relatively true in another segment of creation.

2:7.3 Divine truth, final truth, is uniform and universal, but the story of things spiritual, as it is told by numerous individuals hailing from various spheres, may sometimes vary in details owing to this relativity in the completeness of knowledge and in the repleteness of personal experience as well as in the length and extent of that experience. While the laws and decrees, the thoughts and attitudes, of the First Great Source and Center are eternally, infinitely, and universally true; at the same time, their application to, and adjustment for, every universe, system, world, and created intelligence, are in accordance with the plans and technique of the Creator Sons as they function in their respective universes, as well as in harmony with the local plans and procedures of the Infinite Spirit and of all other associated celestial personalities.

What some are 'missing' (and thats the main point, missing the forest for the trees), is the opportunity here to approach the revelation of God and Jesus from an expanded frame reference, extending one's theology within a greater cosmological context, which opens the doors to a more magnificent vision of reality. This can be granted even within a mythological frame-reference, as much as our information serves to illumine, coordinate and inter-relate the ideas, meanings, values being shared, either thru universal laws of science in all fields, and in personal religious experience which is of a spiritual/psychic nature. Those with narrow vision or a stifled intellect cannot reach out for a greater comprehension-grasp of reality as it is, or to see the subtle illusions which are shadows cast by the light which the mind must ever be cognizant of. In this dimension of space-time conditioning we must ever be cognizant of the 'relativity' of truth.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Life consciousness higher......

Life consciousness higher......

Yes, from a pure metaphysical perspective,....the whole play of 'time' is the 'magic-carpet-ride' of creation,...since that is what life 'apparently' is about, as we "perceive" it, since time is an affection of 'movement' of space, energy, mind, matter. With no movement or relativity of any kind, there is no time-reference. Of course we could just abide in pure God-consciousness, wholly attuned only to our 'thought-adjuster' (a pre-personal fragment of pure deity) and enjoy bliss (zazen), identifying our awareness with 'Brahman', the Infinite All,.... knowing 'that', being 'that', because 'that' is All There IS (from a non-duality point of view).

All there is, is consciousness. Nothing exists outside of it, as far as we are concerned.

From a literal, historical perspective,...we assume or believe Jesus is good on his word, that he will return sometime in the future. Those not too enthusiastic about this literal promise, assume he has returned and is always returning when one becomes illumined with 'Christ-consciousness', so that the spiritual return of Jesus as a 'new birth' or 'encounter' is happening simultaneously wherever a 'soul' is receptive to his visitation :) - and so his 'parousia' is his 'presence'. Here we recognize the omnipresence of SPIRIT.

Even now, Jesus is but a concept, a personality-image in our minds, serving to 'connect' us to the Father, who is pure Spirit. The 'Bi-bull' (ha!) has its cult-ural format', but the UB can take you further, providing a greater platform and technology of terms to lift consciousness higher :cloud9:

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
lowering onself........

lowering onself........

:rotfl: I've long felt that way about him. I wonder if he lives in his mommy's basement or garage.

The put-downs and ad hominems are noted. LA may not have the most polite or gentle way of communicating; I've often asked him to not shout so much or use all those exclamation points, which make him appear 'over-zealous' and 'offending'. This thread is not for tearing people down or making fun of them. That's just cruel, to say nothing of 'un-christlike'.

I'm sure as a "representative" of Jesus you can guys can do better. So much for "love one another" eh?

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.