The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God's will is for life, survival, progress.......

God's will is for life, survival, progress.......

It's simple. God passes over the unbelievers and leaves them in the original state they were born with. They love evil and evil makes them feel good. They run around terrorizing people due to thier harden hearts and sin.

Infinite Love by nature however makes itself ever available to any soul that has the ability, capacity or desire to return to love.

Love avails, unless there is something that is resisting or preventing love's intention or fulfillment.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Who was the "crafty beast" that was on the earth when Adam and Eve arrived?

The Planetary Prince of Urantia​

(741.1) 66:0.1 "THE advent of a Lanonandek Son on an average world signifies that will, the ability to choose the path of eternal survival, has developed in the mind of primitive man. But on Urantia the Planetary Prince arrived almost half a million years after the appearance of human will.

(741.2) 66:0.2 About five hundred thousand years ago and concurrent with the appearance of the six colored or Sangik races, Caligastia, the Planetary Prince, arrived on Urantia. There were almost one-half billion primitive human beings on earth at the time of the Prince’s arrival, and they were well scattered over Europe, Asia, and Africa. The Prince’s headquarters, established in Mesopotamia, was at about the center of world population."

1. Prince Caligastia​

(741.3) 66:1.1 Caligastia was a Lanonandek Son, number 9,344 of the secondary order. He was experienced in the administration of the affairs of the local universe in general and, during later ages, with the management of the local system of Satania in particular.

(741.4) 66:1.2 Prior to the reign of Lucifer in Satania, Caligastia had been attached to the council of the Life Carrier advisers on Jerusem. Lucifer elevated Caligastia to a position on his personal staff, and he acceptably filled five successive assignments of honor and trust.

(741.5) 66:1.3 Caligastia very early sought a commission as Planetary Prince, but repeatedly, when his request came up for approval in the constellation councils, it would fail to receive the assent of the Constellation Fathers. Caligastia seemed especially desirous of being sent as planetary ruler to a decimal or life-modification world. His petition had several times been disapproved before he was finally assigned to Urantia.

(741.6) 66:1.4 Caligastia went forth from Jerusem to his trust of world dominion with an enviable record of loyalty and devotion to the welfare of the universe of his origin and sojourn, notwithstanding a certain characteristic restlessness coupled with a tendency to disagree with the established order in certain minor matters.

(741.7) 66:1.5 I was present on Jerusem when the brilliant Caligastia departed from the system capital. No prince of the planets ever embarked upon a career of world rulership with a richer preparatory experience or with better prospects than did Caligastia on that eventful day one-half million years ago. One thing is certain: As I executed my assignment of putting the narrative of that event on the broadcasts of the local universe, I never for one moment entertained even in the slightest degree any idea that this noble Lanonandek would so shortly betray his sacred trust of planetary custody and so horribly stain the fair name of his exalted order of universe sonship. I really regarded Urantia as being among the five or six most fortunate planets in all Satania in that it was to have such an experienced, brilliant, and original mind at the helm of world affairs. I did not then comprehend that Caligastia was insidiously falling in love with himself; I did not then so fully understand the subtleties of personality pride." UB1955

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Infinite Love by nature however makes itself ever available to any soul that has the ability, capacity or desire to return to love.

Love avails, unless there is something that is resisting or preventing love's intention or fulfillment.

pj

I would think God's love is different from man's love. Probably far different.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You only speak garbage when you do not speak the scriptures.

You cannot find the scriptures to your beliefs. Why not do what you are supposed to do and repent for believing and following falseness?

Quotes are not required to speak here.

You made this rule on TOL

Did the apostles use quotes every time they spoke.

You are not creative .

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Who was the "crafty beast" that was on the earth when Adam and Eve arrived?

The Planetary Prince of Urantia​

(741.1) 66:0.1 "THE advent of a Lanonandek Son on an average world signifies that will, the ability to choose the path of eternal survival, has developed in the mind of primitive man. But on Urantia the Planetary Prince arrived almost half a million years after the appearance of human will.

(741.2) 66:0.2 About five hundred thousand years ago and concurrent with the appearance of the six colored or Sangik races, Caligastia, the Planetary Prince, arrived on Urantia. There were almost one-half billion primitive human beings on earth at the time of the Prince’s arrival, and they were well scattered over Europe, Asia, and Africa. The Prince’s headquarters, established in Mesopotamia, was at about the center of world population."

1. Prince Caligastia​

(741.3) 66:1.1 Caligastia was a Lanonandek Son, number 9,344 of the secondary order. He was experienced in the administration of the affairs of the local universe in general and, during later ages, with the management of the local system of Satania in particular.

(741.4) 66:1.2 Prior to the reign of Lucifer in Satania, Caligastia had been attached to the council of the Life Carrier advisers on Jerusem. Lucifer elevated Caligastia to a position on his personal staff, and he acceptably filled five successive assignments of honor and trust.

(741.5) 66:1.3 Caligastia very early sought a commission as Planetary Prince, but repeatedly, when his request came up for approval in the constellation councils, it would fail to receive the assent of the Constellation Fathers. Caligastia seemed especially desirous of being sent as planetary ruler to a decimal or life-modification world. His petition had several times been disapproved before he was finally assigned to Urantia.

(741.6) 66:1.4 Caligastia went forth from Jerusem to his trust of world dominion with an enviable record of loyalty and devotion to the welfare of the universe of his origin and sojourn, notwithstanding a certain characteristic restlessness coupled with a tendency to disagree with the established order in certain minor matters.

(741.7) 66:1.5 I was present on Jerusem when the brilliant Caligastia departed from the system capital. No prince of the planets ever embarked upon a career of world rulership with a richer preparatory experience or with better prospects than did Caligastia on that eventful day one-half million years ago. One thing is certain: As I executed my assignment of putting the narrative of that event on the broadcasts of the local universe, I never for one moment entertained even in the slightest degree any idea that this noble Lanonandek would so shortly betray his sacred trust of planetary custody and so horribly stain the fair name of his exalted order of universe sonship. I really regarded Urantia as being among the five or six most fortunate planets in all Satania in that it was to have such an experienced, brilliant, and original mind at the helm of world affairs. I did not then comprehend that Caligastia was insidiously falling in love with himself; I did not then so fully understand the subtleties of personality pride." UB1955

You and freelight ought to translate UB into everyday man's language. Perhaps the prince was known as a snake for quick reference.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You and freelight ought to translate UB into everyday man's language. Perhaps the prince was known as a snake for quick reference.

I used "crafty beast" thinking people would know that term from Genesis. Snake would work as well but more importantly "the prince of this world" was the actual office of Caligastia under the authority of the Son. Jesus defeated him.

Caligastia’s Plot

(840.3) 75:2.1 Caligastia paid frequent visits to the Garden and held many conferences with Adam and Eve, but they were adamant to all his suggestions of compromise and short-cut adventures. They had before them enough of the results of rebellion to produce effective immunity against all such insinuating proposals. Even the young offspring of Adam were uninfluenced by the overtures of Daligastia. And of course neither Caligastia nor his associate had power to influence any individual against his will, much less to persuade the children of Adam to do wrong.

(840.4) 75:2.2 It must be remembered that Caligastia was still the titular Planetary Prince of Urantia, a misguided but nevertheless high Son of the local universe. He was not finally deposed until the times of Christ Michael on Urantia.

(840.5) 75:2.3 But the fallen Prince was persistent and determined. He soon gave up working on Adam and decided to try a wily flank attack on Eve. The evil one concluded that the only hope for success lay in the adroit employment of suitable persons belonging to the upper strata of the Nodite group, the descendants of his onetime corporeal-staff associates. And the plans were accordingly laid for entrapping the mother of the violet race.

(840.6) 75:2.4 It was farthest from Eve’s intention ever to do anything which would militate against Adam’s plans or jeopardize their planetary trust. Knowing the tendency of woman to look upon immediate results rather than to plan farsightedly for more remote effects, the Melchizedeks, before departing, had especially enjoined Eve as to the peculiar dangers besetting their isolated position on the planet and had in particular warned her never to stray from the side of her mate, that is, to attempt no personal or secret methods of furthering their mutual undertakings. Eve had most scrupulously carried out these instructions for more than one hundred years, and it did not occur to her that any danger would attach to the increasingly private and confidential visits she was enjoying with a certain Nodite leader named Serapatatia. The whole affair developed so gradually and naturally that she was taken unawares.

(840.7) 75:2.5 The Garden dwellers had been in contact with the Nodites since the early days of Eden. From these mixed descendants of the defaulting members of Caligastia’s staff they had received much valuable help and co-operation, and through them the Edenic regime was now to meet its complete undoing and final overthrow. UB1955

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I used "crafty beast" thinking people would know that term from Genesis. Snake would work as well but more importantly "the prince of this world" was the actual office of Caligastia under the authority of the Son. Jesus defeated him.

Caligastia’s Plot

(840.3) 75:2.1 Caligastia paid frequent visits to the Garden and held many conferences with Adam and Eve, but they were adamant to all his suggestions of compromise and short-cut adventures. They had before them enough of the results of rebellion to produce effective immunity against all such insinuating proposals. Even the young offspring of Adam were uninfluenced by the overtures of Daligastia. And of course neither Caligastia nor his associate had power to influence any individual against his will, much less to persuade the children of Adam to do wrong.

(840.4) 75:2.2 It must be remembered that Caligastia was still the titular Planetary Prince of Urantia, a misguided but nevertheless high Son of the local universe. He was not finally deposed until the times of Christ Michael on Urantia.

(840.5) 75:2.3 But the fallen Prince was persistent and determined. He soon gave up working on Adam and decided to try a wily flank attack on Eve. The evil one concluded that the only hope for success lay in the adroit employment of suitable persons belonging to the upper strata of the Nodite group, the descendants of his onetime corporeal-staff associates. And the plans were accordingly laid for entrapping the mother of the violet race.

(840.6) 75:2.4 It was farthest from Eve’s intention ever to do anything which would militate against Adam’s plans or jeopardize their planetary trust. Knowing the tendency of woman to look upon immediate results rather than to plan farsightedly for more remote effects, the Melchizedeks, before departing, had especially enjoined Eve as to the peculiar dangers besetting their isolated position on the planet and had in particular warned her never to stray from the side of her mate, that is, to attempt no personal or secret methods of furthering their mutual undertakings. Eve had most scrupulously carried out these instructions for more than one hundred years, and it did not occur to her that any danger would attach to the increasingly private and confidential visits she was enjoying with a certain Nodite leader named Serapatatia. The whole affair developed so gradually and naturally that she was taken unawares.

(840.7) 75:2.5 The Garden dwellers had been in contact with the Nodites since the early days of Eden. From these mixed descendants of the defaulting members of Caligastia’s staff they had received much valuable help and co-operation, and through them the Edenic regime was now to meet its complete undoing and final overthrow. UB1955

I haven't heard that UB is inspired by angels like I heard in other denominations and religions. All I heard was "unknown"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I haven't heard that UB is inspired by angels like I heard in other denominations and religions. All I heard was "unknown"

(1008.2) 92:4.9 5. The Urantia Papers. The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia." UB 1955

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Caligastia’s Plot

What a truck load of "baloney extract!" Tell them about, 'Louie
Pedonya' and how he used to fly over planet Urantia (in his
spacecraft) and spread fairy dust on all of the 'Maruchanites!"
Then, each year they would gather together, during the 'Vernal
Equinox' and pay homage to him for taking care of their
internal "Cosmic predispositions?" Your 'audience' will enjoy
that tale!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
(1008.2) 92:4.9 5. The Urantia Papers. The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia." UB 1955

Inspired from the same source in a timeless world meaning everything is one?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I like the story about how the "Cosmic Urantian Brotherhood" would
hold a conference once every 200,000 year's and discuss which
entity would rule over what portion of the Universe. After deciding
such an important issue, they would enter their separate "Cosmic
spacecrafts" and journey to one chosen Galaxy and dispense 'special
intergalactic information' known only to them. Such 'information' would
then, be shared with the entire populace of that particular Galaxy, and
they would have 'special abilities' bestowed upon them for a period of
200,000 years's or until the 'Brotherhood' held their next conference!

I really enjoy that part of the "Urantia Book!"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Inspired from the same source in a timeless world meaning everything is one?

I'm not sure what that means. It was revealed by permission from Christ Michael through his subordinates. They were like the 3 celestial beings that appeared to Abram at the trees of Mamre. Or Gabriel who appeared to Mary to tell of Michaels impending incarnation.

Zeke

pj

The Urantia foundation has some telling remarks found in the Consideration of Some Criticism section, and saves one from having to read the whole thing, I have been kinda neutral on them until I read what is said about Gnosticism and Astrology.

So seeing I don't buy the literal motif and have a more mystic view I have to give to them a :down:.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure what that means. It was revealed by permission from Christ Michael through his subordinates. They were like the 3 celestial beings that appeared to Abram at the trees of Mamre. Or Gabriel who appeared to Mary to tell of Michaels impending incarnation.

So UB is by Christ Michael. How does UB use the word archangel?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So UB is by Christ Michael. How does UB use the word archangel?

In the UB an archangel is an archangel.

In the Bible not all Michaels are archangels. Michael of the Book of Revelation wasn't an archangel, he was Michael, Christ Michael, aka Jesus that John saw in his vision on Patmos some 50 years after Christ left.

In the UB Christ Michael is a type of "Son of God" known as a "Paradise creator son". Their are many, each a unique creation of the Father, each having roughly 10,000,000 created, inhabited worlds under their rule. They are personifications of the unseen Father. To know a Son is to know the Universal Father of all creation.

John 14

8Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

9Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Right Divider

Body part
In the UB an archangel is an archangel.

In the Bible not all Michaels are archangels. Michael of the Book of Revelation wasn't an archangel, he was Michael, Christ Michael, aka Jesus that John saw in his vision on Patmos some 50 years after Christ left.

In the UB Christ Michael is a type of "Son of God" known as a "Paradise creator son". Their are many, each a unique creation of the Father, each having roughly 10,000,000 created, inhabited worlds under their rule. They are personifications of the unseen Father. To know a Son is to know the Universal Father of all creation.

John 14

8Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

9Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
I truly mean this as kindly as I can: What a load of dung!

Now you're really starting to show the strange and incompatible nature of the UB nonsense with what the Bible says. This only ONE Son of God.

It's no wonder that you're always knocking the Word of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.