The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

It's simple. God passes over the unbelievers and leaves them in the original state they were born with. They love evil and evil makes them feel good. They run around terrorizing people due to thier harden hearts and sin.

You are one badly confused person. You say that God saves unbelievers to make them believe; but now here, you say God passes over them.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You are one badly confused person. You say that God saves unbelievers to make them believe; but now here, you say God passes over them.

You get one answer in man's time and you get a different answer in God's time. I give you two answers in both times.

You live in your time. I live in the Bible's time. Even if you don't believe what the bible said about your past and future, you won't believe it cause the past and the future don't exist to you. It never will.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Sermon at Gerasa

"As Jesus and the twelve visited with the messengers of the kingdom at Gerasa, one of the Pharisees who believed in him asked this question: “Lord, will there be few or many really saved?” And Jesus, answering, said:

“You have been taught that only the children of Abraham will be saved; that only the gentiles of adoption can hope for salvation. Some of you have reasoned that, since the Scriptures record that only Caleb and Joshua from among all the hosts that went out of Egypt lived to enter the promised land, only a comparatively few of those who seek the kingdom of heaven shall find entrance thereto.

“You also have another saying among you, and one that contains much truth: That the way which leads to eternal life is straight and narrow, that the door which leads thereto is likewise narrow so that, of those who seek salvation, few can find entrance through this door. You also have a teaching that the way which leads to destruction is broad, that the entrance thereto is wide, and that there are many who choose to go this way. And this proverb is not without its meaning. But I declare that salvation is first a matter of your personal choosing. Even if the door to the way of life is narrow, it is wide enough to admit all who sincerely seek to enter, for I am that door. And the Son will never refuse entrance to any child of the universe who, by faith, seeks to find the Father through the Son.
"

Do you have a chapter and verse along with this? Oh, that's right,
it's from the 'phony' Urantia Book! A blatant false addition to the
"True, inspired Word of God!" (The Bible) Silly me.

God's Truth

You get one answer in man's time and you get a different answer in God's time. I give you two answers in both times.

You live in your time. I live in the Bible's time. Even if you don't believe what the bible said about your past and future, you won't believe it cause the past and the future don't exist to you. It never will.

More worthless talk from you.

Prove your beliefs with scripture or repent.

God's Truth

Believe and repent is a simultaneous combo.

It's a command from God shouted at once.

That command precedes faith.

You don't convince another to repent.

If you do not have scripture, you should be convinced you are in error and need to repent.

Show the scriptures for what you said, or repent.

God's Truth

I don't not convince

I do not beg

I proclaim the gospel

I done that a long time ago.

God does the rest.

You only speak garbage when you do not speak the scriptures.

You cannot find the scriptures to your beliefs. Why not do what you are supposed to do and repent for believing and following falseness?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You pick and choose what you want to believe about God.

You built for yourself a god that is not God.

My faith-trust in God is that he is good. I don't believe in the God created in mans image found in some of the OT scripture written for the child-like mind of another age. Jesus didn't act anything like that God. I trust Jesus, I don't trust the thinking of the people who killed Jesus.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God’s Unchanging Character

(57.6) 4:3.1 All too long has man thought of God as one like himself. God is not, never was, and never will be jealous of man or any other being in the universe of universes. Knowing that the Creator Son intended man to be the masterpiece of the planetary creation, to be the ruler of all the earth, the sight of his being dominated by his own baser passions, the spectacle of his bowing down before idols of wood, stone, gold, and selfish ambition — these sordid scenes stir God and his Sons to be jealous for man, but never of him.

(57.7) 4:3.2 The eternal God is incapable of wrath and anger in the sense of these human emotions and as man understands such reactions. These sentiments are mean and despicable; they are hardly worthy of being called human, much less divine; and such attitudes are utterly foreign to the perfect nature and gracious character of the Universal Father.

(58.1) 4:3.3 Much, very much, of the difficulty which Urantia mortals have in understanding God is due to the far-reaching consequences of the Lucifer rebellion and the Caligastia betrayal. On worlds not segregated by sin, the evolutionary races are able to formulate far better ideas of the Universal Father; they suffer less from confusion, distortion, and perversion of concept.

(58.2) 4:3.4 God repents of nothing he has ever done, now does, or ever will do. He is all-wise as well as all-powerful. Man’s wisdom grows out of the trials and errors of human experience; God’s wisdom consists in the unqualified perfection of his infinite universe insight, and this divine foreknowledge effectively directs the creative free will.

(58.3) 4:3.5 The Universal Father never does anything that causes subsequent sorrow or regret, but the will creatures of the planning and making of his Creator personalities in the outlying universes, by their unfortunate choosing, sometimes occasion emotions of divine sorrow in the personalities of their Creator parents. But though the Father neither makes mistakes, harbors regrets, nor experiences sorrows, he is a being with a father’s affection, and his heart is undoubtedly grieved when his children fail to attain the spiritual levels they are capable of reaching with the assistance which has been so freely provided by the spiritual-attainment plans and the mortal-ascension policies of the universes.

(58.4) 4:3.6 The infinite goodness of the Father is beyond the comprehension of the finite mind of time; hence must there always be afforded a contrast with comparative evil (not sin) for the effective exhibition of all phases of relative goodness. Perfection of divine goodness can be discerned by mortal imperfection of insight only because it stands in contrastive association with relative imperfection in the relationships of time and matter in the motions of space.

(58.5) 4:3.7 The character of God is infinitely superhuman; therefore must such a nature of divinity be personalized, as in the divine Sons, before it can even be faith-grasped by the finite mind of man." UB 1955

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
love's will......

love's will......

The Sermon at Gerasa

"As Jesus and the twelve visited with the messengers of the kingdom at Gerasa, one of the Pharisees who believed in him asked this question: “Lord, will there be few or many really saved?” And Jesus, answering, said:

“You have been taught that only the children of Abraham will be saved; that only the gentiles of adoption can hope for salvation. Some of you have reasoned that, since the Scriptures record that only Caleb and Joshua from among all the hosts that went out of Egypt lived to enter the promised land, only a comparatively few of those who seek the kingdom of heaven shall find entrance thereto.

“You also have another saying among you, and one that contains much truth: That the way which leads to eternal life is straight and narrow, that the door which leads thereto is likewise narrow so that, of those who seek salvation, few can find entrance through this door. You also have a teaching that the way which leads to destruction is broad, that the entrance thereto is wide, and that there are many who choose to go this way. And this proverb is not without its meaning. But I declare that salvation is first a matter of your personal choosing. Even if the door to the way of life is narrow, it is wide enough to admit all who sincerely seek to enter, for I am that door. And the Son will never refuse entrance to any child of the universe who, by faith, seeks to find the Father through the Son.
"

The provision of love includes the full opportunity, space and time for souls to respond to and choose love's way and will.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Both just and merciful........

Both just and merciful........

When you only look at ONE aspect of God's being in exclusion of all others, you misrepresent Him.
Deu 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
God has many attributes, one of them is love.

The statement that 'God is Love' stands, and I shared it as a matter of truth upon its own grounds. Nowhere did I claim it was the only aspect or attribute of God's nature or character. If you want a highly detailed and elaborate description of God's nature and attributes you can read the first 5 papers. This will then afford you to know what the papers teach about this. This was proposed earlier to some here, but they have failed to do even this which disqualifies them from engaging in an informed intelligent discussion on the matter. They choose willful ignorance and presumption over real knowledge.

God is wholly just and merciful, all loving and wise.

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.