The "L" in TULIP Means that Jesus is NOT Lord

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe that it does. Lots of Calvinists and Reformed folk believe the same. I do not think that it is a matter of salvation. Most Calvinists, I believe, would hold the same view. Probably why most of us do not spend a lot of time destining those who hold other views to hell.

I will take your word for it. Easy to check, not worth the effort. But, so what? You have as a pet doctrine the "Re-imputation of Sin." That term is found how many times in Scripture? The concept is found how many times in Scripture? To the best of my knowledge, the answer to both questions is zero. Feel to correct me if I am incorrect, but if your argument against Calvinism hinges at all on the number of occurrences of the term, then for the sake of intellectual honesty, it had better be greater than four.

Different term, but same meaning, I believe: Acts 13:48 speaks to the issue...

New International Version
When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

New Living Translation
When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers.

English Standard Version
And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

Berean Study Bible
When the Gentiles heard this, they rejoiced and glorified the word of the Lord, and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Berean Literal Bible
And the Gentiles hearing it were rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

New American Standard Bible
When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

King James Bible
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
When the Gentiles heard this, they rejoiced and glorified the message of the Lord, and all who had been appointed to eternal life believed.

International Standard Version
When the gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord. Meanwhile, all who had been destined to eternal life believed,

NET Bible
When the Gentiles heard this, they began to rejoice and praise the word of the Lord, and all who had been appointed for eternal life believed.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And as the Gentiles were hearing, they were rejoicing and glorifying God, and they that were appointed to eternal life believed.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The people who were not Jews were pleased with what they heard and praised the Lord's word. Everyone who had been prepared for everlasting life believed.

New American Standard 1977
And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Jubilee Bible 2000
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord, and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

King James 2000 Bible
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
And as the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of God: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the Gentiles hearing it, were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to life everlasting, believed.

Darby Bible Translation
And [those of] the nations, hearing it, rejoiced, and glorified the word of the Lord, and believed, as many as were ordained to eternal life.

English Revised Version
And as the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of God: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Webster's Bible Translation
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life, believed.

Weymouth New Testament
The Gentiles listened with delight and extolled the Lord's Message; and all who were pre-destined to the Life of the Ages believed.

World English Bible
As the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of God. As many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

Young's Literal Translation
And the nations hearing were glad, and were glorifying the word of the Lord, and did believe -- as many as were appointed to life age-during;

I believe that the Reformed system has the best overall explanation of the total teaching of Scripture. Yes there are hard parts and verses. But that would be true of any theological system.

At any rate, grabbing a handful of scriptures and making a doctrine out of them is a lot more sound than take a handful of no Scriptures and making a doctrine out of one's vain imagination, see above regarding the Re-imputation of Sin Doctrine.

Calvinists and Reformed folk accept that Jesus Christ is the only means of our salvation.

If that were true then why do you need Calvinism?

beloved57

The Bible does NOT support Calvinism.

The word "Predestination" only appears in the Bible 4 times.

No where is the word, "predestination" related to anyone being predestinated.

There is no scripture about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.

You want to grab a handful of scriptures and make a doctrine out of them.

You are desperate to believe a lie so that you don't have to accept Jesus Christ as your only means of salvation.

All invalid comments against the Truth ! This is from a person who teaches salvation by works, and discounts the saving efficasiousness of Christ's Death alone !

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you're wrong, you'll be guilty of blaspheming the God of all grace Who is love. Do you realize that?

Er, no. The knee-jerk grasp of "God is love" is the typical otiose mantra of the lachrymose who seek to reduce God to being everyone's buddy. Even a superficial of the Book of Job reveals the folly of such an attitude.

You want to elevate one of God's attributes above others. God is His attributes. God’s attributes are qualities that inhere in the being of God. Every positive attribute of God inheres in all positive attributes of God.

Dig a wee bit deeper:

Q: Do you agree that righteousness is the foundation of God’s sovereignty

ANSWER:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1532512#post1532512

Q: Which is greater, God’s sovereignty over creation, or God’s love?

ANSWER:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1534440#post1534440

AMR

Brother Ducky

If you're wrong, you'll be guilty of blaspheming the God of all grace Who is love. Do you realize that?

I will assume here that you are indeed looking out for my soul, and I appreciate that. I really do. While you can be somewhat snotty, I believe that you are one of the good guys. Albeit one that does have a different belief system, but one that is built on a foundation of Scripture.

If I am wrong, I am just wrong. If you are wrong, you are just wrong. I have on good authority that the gospel does not depend on my having a right view of exactly who is included in the term "world" every time it is used, but rather:

THE ONLY GOOD NEWS THAT SAVES

"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved ... that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures..."- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJB)

THAT AND NOTHING MORE.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will assume here that you are indeed looking out for my soul, and I appreciate that. I really do. While you can be somewhat snotty, I believe that you are one of the good guys. Albeit one that does have a different belief system, but one that is built on a foundation of Scripture.

If I am wrong, I am just wrong. If you are wrong, you are just wrong. I have on good authority that the gospel does not depend on my having a right view of exactly who is included in the term "world" every time it is used, but rather:

"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved ... that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures..."- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJB)

THAT AND NOTHING MORE.

Yea, somebody gets it. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Brother Ducky

If that were true then why do you need Calvinism?

That's your response??????
Why don't you deal with the issues raised? If I am wrong, show me where I an wrong and what is true. Or if you can't refute the issues, then just say you can't. Maybe someone will help. Or maybe you will have to rethink some of your somewhat heterodox beliefs.

I do not "need" Calvinism. I believe that the teachings of the Reformed faith most accurately reflect the overall teaching of Scripture. Simple as that. No other reason to be Reformed.

Robert Pate

Banned

THAT AND NOTHING MORE.

Does that also mean..."Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved?" Romans 10:13.

Brother Ducky

Does that also mean..."Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved?" Romans 10:13.

Not sure it also means that. Of course Romans 10:13 is true. It means that all who call on the Lord will be saved, not that all humans can call on the name of the Lord.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not sure it also means that. Of course Romans 10:13 is true. It means that all who call on the Lord will be saved, not that all humans can call on the name of the Lord.

Romans 10:17 KJV - Romans 10:9 KJV - Romans 10:10 KJV -

Romans 10:13 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV -