The Key to Understanding and Believing the Gospel

beloved57

I have trouble with that.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is plainly set forth in the scriptures.

I cannot trust in my emotions or in my feelings because I am a sinner.

But I can trust in God's word, the Bible.

It is, the Truths of Tulip which you reject and despise, doesnt look good for you pate in this late hour in world history to be hating the Gospel !

12jtartar

Robert Pate,
Jesus was not saying that he was God!!! If someone called you on the phone and asked for Robert, and you used proper English, you would say, this is he. Would you be claiming that you were God??? Neither was Jesus!!!
First, let me ask you, just how many times does Jesus have to tell you that he is not God, but God's son???
You quoted John 8:24. Now go to John 8:17,18. Here Jesus is using the rule about having at least two witnesses to prove a matter, then Jesus said that he, Jesus was ONE witness and the Father was ONE witness. Does that make Jesus God, or make them TWO witnesses???
Consider Matthew 16:13-17, here Jesus asked his disciples who the people were saying that Jesus was. They said different things, then Jesus Asked them who they said Jesus is. Peter answered, you are the Christ, the SON of the living God! Then notice what Jesus said to Peter. He said, Blessed you are Peter, because flesh and blood did not reveal that to him, but the Father who is in heaven did. Are you also going to tell Jesus that he is wrong, that you know more than he does???
In John, Jesus says about ten times that he is the son, and that the Father is GREATER than he is, John 14:28.
Closely consider what is written for all men, at John 20:31. As it says, you MUST believe that in order to gain life.
What about Matthew 24:36, that no one knows the day or the hour, not even the son, but only the Father, The same???
What about Matthew 20:23 which says that Jesus does not control everything, that some things only the Father controls. Can Jesus and his Father be the same if one knows something the other does not.
What about John 17:3, This is everlasting life, their knowing you the ONLY TRUE GOD, and the one you sent forth, Jesus Christ. The same???
Consider John 5:22, which says the Father does NO judging at all, but has given ALL the grudging to the son. If they were the same person that statement would be a lie, and God hates liars, Psalms 5:6, Pr 6:16,17.
When Jesus was on earth, God the Father spoke from heaven to him, three times, Matthew 3:17, God said, This is my SON. Is Got the almighty a liar???
Mark 9:7, God spoke from heaven and said, This is my son, the beloved, listen to him. Are you listening??
John 12:28, when Jesus was praying to his Father, a voice out of heaven said, I have glorified it and I will glorify it again. Is this a lie, or was Jesus throwing his voice? Remember the Bible says that God hates deception, and there was never any deception from Jesus' mouth, Proverbs 3:32, 6:16-19, 1Peter 2:22.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert Pate,
Jesus was not saying that he was God!!! If someone called you on the phone and asked for Robert, and you used proper English, you would say, this is he. Would you be claiming that you were God??? Neither was Jesus!!!
First, let me ask you, just how many times does Jesus have to tell you that he is not God, but God's son???
You quoted John 8:24. Now go to John 8:17,18. Here Jesus is using the rule about having at least two witnesses to prove a matter, then Jesus said that he, Jesus was ONE witness and the Father was ONE witness. Does that make Jesus God, or make them TWO witnesses???
Consider Matthew 16:13-17, here Jesus asked his disciples who the people were saying that Jesus was. They said different things, then Jesus Asked them who they said Jesus is. Peter answered, you are the Christ, the SON of the living God! Then notice what Jesus said to Peter. He said, Blessed you are Peter, because flesh and blood did not reveal that to him, but the Father who is in heaven did. Are you also going to tell Jesus that he is wrong, that you know more than he does???
In John, Jesus says about ten times that he is the son, and that the Father is GREATER than he is, John 14:28.
Closely consider what is written for all men, at John 20:31. As it says, you MUST believe that in order to gain life.
What about Matthew 24:36, that no one knows the day or the hour, not even the son, but only the Father, The same???
What about Matthew 20:23 which says that Jesus does not control everything, that some things only the Father controls. Can Jesus and his Father be the same if one knows something the other does not.
What about John 17:3, This is everlasting life, their knowing you the ONLY TRUE GOD, and the one you sent forth, Jesus Christ. The same???
Consider John 5:22, which says the Father does NO judging at all, but has given ALL the grudging to the son. If they were the same person that statement would be a lie, and God hates liars, Psalms 5:6, Pr 6:16,17.
When Jesus was on earth, God the Father spoke from heaven to him, three times, Matthew 3:17, God said, This is my SON. Is Got the almighty a liar???
Mark 9:7, God spoke from heaven and said, This is my son, the beloved, listen to him. Are you listening??
John 12:28, when Jesus was praying to his Father, a voice out of heaven said, I have glorified it and I will glorify it again. Is this a lie, or was Jesus throwing his voice? Remember the Bible says that God hates deception, and there was never any deception from Jesus' mouth, Proverbs 3:32, 6:16-19, 1Peter 2:22.

Then who was that, that turned water into wine, healed the sick, fed 5000, stilled a storm, walked on water, raised the dead, ascended into heaven?

Robert Pate

Banned
You the one who rejects the Gospel !

No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is Lord.

To believe that Jesus is Lord is to believe that he atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

You don't believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world.

Therefore, you do not believe that Jesus is Lord.

beloved57

No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is Lord.

To believe that Jesus is Lord is to believe that he atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

You don't believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world.

Therefore, you do not believe that Jesus is Lord.

You don't believe that scripture, explain it to me ? You just quote scripture and don't understand it or believe it !

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe that scripture, explain it to me ? You just quote scripture and don't understand it or believe it !

One of the evidences of the Holy Spirit is to profess that "Jesus is Lord". You are not able to profess that "Jesus is Lord".

He is Lord because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You are void of the Holy Spirit.

beloved57

One of the evidences of the Holy Spirit is to profess that "Jesus is Lord". You are not able to profess that "Jesus is Lord".

He is Lord because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You are void of the Holy Spirit.

There you go quoting scripture which you don't believe or understand !

Robert Pate

Banned
There you go quoting scripture which you don't believe or understand !

I understand it completely.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus he has reconciled a world of Lost sinners to God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

What you can't understand is that this reconciliation is not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

beloved57

I understand it completely.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus he has reconciled a world of Lost sinners to God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

What you can't understand is that this reconciliation is not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

Ok then explain them if you believe and understand them, that is your responsibility to do since you brought them up !

Robert Pate

Banned
No you have not ! That world in 2 Cor 5:19 is saved from their sins !

There is only one world, it is the world of humanity.

It is the world that God loves, John 3:16.

It is the world that Jesus shed his blood for, 1 John 2:2.

It is the world that Jesus came to save, John 12:47.

beloved57

There is only one world, it is the world of humanity.

It is the world that God loves, John 3:16.

It is the world that Jesus shed his blood for, 1 John 2:2.

It is the world that Jesus came to save, John 12:47.

The world of 2 Cor 5:19 is sin free !