The Key to Understanding and Believing the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus said, "I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am HE, you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

Who is the HE that Jesus is talking about? I think that Jesus means that unless you believe that I am God you will die in your sins. Only God can turn water into wine. Only God can heal the sick, walk on water, feed 5000, forgive sins, raise the dead and do a multitude of other miracles. I don't have a bit of trouble believing that Jesus was God in the flesh. "Unless you believe that I am HE you will die in your sins" It is imperative that you believe that Jesus is God if you want to be saved. Jesus was either God or he was just a man. If he was just a man then he was a sinner like us.

The resurrection of Jesus was God's stamp of approval on the life and the death of Christ. If there had been one sin not atoned for, or if Jesus had sinned against God just one time, God would not have raised Jesus from the dead and we would all still be in our sins.

Paul wrote, "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching in vain and your faith is also vain" 1 Corinthians 15:14.

The key to understanding and believing the Gospel comes down to what do you believe about Jesus. Do you believe that he is God? Do you believe that he is able to atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world? 1 John 2:2. To NOT believe that he has atoned for the sins of the world is to believe that Jesus is NOT Lord. Remember, Jesus said... "Unless you believe that I am HE you will die in your sins". If you want to be saved it is imperative that you believe that "Jesus is Lord". The Bible teaches that Jesus is Lord, He is..."The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

Those who do not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world are NOT Christians. They are counterfeits. If Jesus has not defeated sin, death and the devil then Jesus is NOT Lord and his life, death and resurrection are worthless. If Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world then we should believe him, "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" John 12:47. He saves the world by providing salvation for world. Now, because of the work of Christ..."Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

False Prophet

12 “Listen! I am coming soon! I will bring my reward with me, and I will repay each one of you for what you have done. Rev 22
Jesus is coming back for a church without spot, blemish, or wrinkle. The tares shall be gathered out from among the wheat. "First gather out the tares or you might harm the wheat!" The tares are tied into bundles to be burned, then the wheat is gathered into his barn.
4 The person who sins breaks God’s law. Yes, sin is living against God’s law. 5 You know that Christ came to take away sins and that there is no sin in Christ. 6 So anyone who lives in Christ does not go on sinning. Anyone who goes on sinning has never really understood Christ and has never known him.

7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you the wrong way. Christ is righteous. So to be like Christ a person must do what is right.
1 John 3

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Only God can turn water into wine. Only God can heal the sick, walk on water, feed 5000, forgive sins, raise the dead and do a multitude of other miracles.

Yes, it was God who did those things through his Son.

Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst as you yourselves also know— (Acts 2:22 NKJV)​

OCTOBER23

Jesus said, "I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am HE, you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

rougueone

Who is the HE that Jesus is talking about? I think that Jesus means that unless you believe that I am God you will die in your sins. Only God can turn water into wine. Only God can heal the sick, walk on water, feed 5000, forgive sins, raise the dead and do a multitude of other miracles. I don't have a bit of trouble believing that Jesus was God in the flesh. "Unless you believe that I am HE you will die in your sins" It is imperative that you believe that Jesus is God if you want to be saved. Jesus was either God or he was just a man. If he was just a man then he was a sinner like us.

The resurrection of Jesus was God's stamp of approval on the life and the death of Christ. If there had been one sin not atoned for, or if Jesus had sinned against God just one time, God would not have raised Jesus from the dead and we would all still be in our sins.

Paul wrote, "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching in vain and your faith is also vain" 1 Corinthians 15:14.

The key to understanding and believing the Gospel comes down to what do you believe about Jesus. Do you believe that he is God? Do you believe that he is able to atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world? 1 John 2:2. To NOT believe that he has atoned for the sins of the world is to believe that Jesus is NOT Lord. Remember, Jesus said... "Unless you believe that I am HE you will die in your sins". If you want to be saved it is imperative that you believe that "Jesus is Lord". The Bible teaches that Jesus is Lord, He is..."The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

Those who do not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world are NOT Christians. They are counterfeits. If Jesus has not defeated sin, death and the devil then Jesus is NOT Lord and his life, death and resurrection are worthless. If Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world then we should believe him, "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" John 12:47. He saves the world by providing salvation for world. Now, because of the work of Christ..."Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Robert, the key to understanding the Gospel of our Lord, is on our knee's. And constant prayer-intimacy with Holy Spirit. Hope this helps brother.
I agree with the scriptures you presented.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, the key to understanding the Gospel of our Lord, is on our knee's. And constant prayer-intimacy with Holy Spirit. Hope this helps brother.
I agree with the scriptures you presented.

When it comes to Christ and his Gospel we are in deep water.

No one can really understand or comprehend what took place between God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. All that we know is that it was for our benefit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christians are counterfeit christians that do not do the Word, because they are hearers only deluding themselves.

Galatians 3

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

I like the contrast.

Robert Pate

Banned
Galatians 3

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

I like the contrast.

Hello brother Nick.

Galatians 3:2 is one of my favorite scriptures. The works of the law is any religious thing that we do. The hearing of faith is simply hearing and believing the Gospel. It is all so simple, yet many don't understand.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Key to Understanding and Believing the Gospel ?

If you understand the Gospel so so, ask Dave.

beloved57

The Key to Understanding and Believing the Gospel

The Truths of Tulip, study them, find out what each letter means in the acronym from the scriptures, then embrace them wholeheartedly, then you begin to believe the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ !

ezra.eskriba

The Truths of Tulip, study them, find out what each letter means in the acronym from the scriptures, then embrace them wholeheartedly, then you begin to believe the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ !

Haven't you read... ROM 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

and on verse 6... ROM 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

This is the same passage when God told Adam if they eat the fruit they will die..

GEN 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

We "all" are basically going to die... in hell... because no one is righteous not even one. Even for those who is righteous, it would be difficult for them.. 1 PET 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Now here's the gospel... *thanks be to God for thru faith in Christ we have a hope of salvation* that is how I understand that because of him I might have a chance to be with God.

And because of the cross and thru his blood I have a hope of salvation... THIS IS THE GOOD NEWS!!!

PSALMS 118:19-22 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD: 20 This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter. 21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. 22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

beloved57

Haven't you read... ROM 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

and on verse 6... ROM 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

This is the same passage when God told Adam if they eat the fruit they will die..

GEN 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

We "all" are basically going to die... in hell... because no one is righteous not even one. Even for those who is righteous, it would be difficult for them.. 1 PET 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Now here's the gospel... *thanks be to God for thru faith in Christ we have a hope of salvation* that is how I understand that because of him I might have a chance to be with God.

And because of the cross and thru his blood I have a hope of salvation... THIS IS THE GOOD NEWS!!!

PSALMS 118:19-22 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD: 20 This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter. 21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. 22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

Do you believe the Gospel ? Its set forth in the Truths of the acronym Tulip !

Bradley D

Who is the HE that Jesus is talking about? I think that Jesus means that unless you believe that I am God you will die in your sins.

"I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Mark 14:62).

There are two beings here. Who is the "Mighty One"?