The Jews were 'the dead', in Jesus instruction, 'let the dead bury their dead'.

glorydaz

You don't have to answer anything, I'm asking you to see what you believe, I'm not making you answer me. You don't have to answer any of my posts if you don't want to.

And Jesus didn't want the disciples to tell others he was the Christ, because he wanted them to believe in him through the word and then God would reveal to them that he's the Christ in his time. If it hadn't been passed on by man that he is the Christ, then Jesus will have known that anyone who knew who he was, would have heard it through revelation from God, as Peter did.

If the disciples had of told everyone that Jesus was the Christ, they wouldn't have believed, and they would have thought that he's above himself. It had to be revealed to their hearts from God.

And the Jews couldn't have done anything to him until it was his time to go through it, they had been trying to kill him for a long time, but they couldn't because it wasn't his time, and it wasn't his time until he had finished the work which the father had given him to do, and that was preach the gospel and bare witness to the truth and to make ready the apostles and disciples to spread the gospel throughout the whole world. With the hope of saving many as would believe in the truth and repent and turn to God.

You live in your own little world, don't you? You should write a novel. :chuckle:

God's Truth

You don't know Him.

He is only known by obeying Him.

Do you want to spur others on to obey?

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God; and 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him." Jesus only reveals himself to those who obey.

1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. 3By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

glorydaz

He is only known by obeying Him.

Do you want to spur others on to obey?

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God; and 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him." Jesus only reveals himself to those who obey.

1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. 3By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Law....law....law. I see you are still stuck on the wrong side of the Cross.

God's Truth

Law....law....law. I see you are still stuck on the wrong side of the Cross.

So this is the old law according to you:

1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. 3By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Bahahaaaaahahaaa

jaybird

Satan/Peter, his popes their church and the Jews continue to esteem use, invoke and/or promote the ten commandments which make one dead to one's own spirit. This is the Jewish agenda.

i like the Jewish agenda, they had some great Jewish teachers, John the baptist, James the just and Jesus the Christ, Son of the Most High.

glorydaz

Bahahaaaaahahaaa

:kookoo: Insane woman.

So you can boast about keeping the commandments, can't you?

You can boast about obeying, can't you?

Boasting is EXCLUDED by the Law of Faith. That means that Salvation CANNOT BE EARNED BY anything man might do. God got tired of men boasting. He was done with man's self effort. He wanted the Lord Jesus Christ to get ALL THE GLORY. I realize how much that galls you, but it's what Christ's work on the Cross accomplished.

You, being ignorant of God's righteousness, ....have NOT SUBMITTED unto the righteousness of God.

Romans 10:2-3 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

THE OBEDIENCE OF ONE....

According to HIS MERCY, He saves us.

The GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord.....not of you puny worker bee.

God's Truth

:kookoo: Insane woman.

So you can boast about keeping the commandments, can't you?

You can boast about obeying, can't you?

Boasting is EXCLUDED by the Law of Faith. That means that Salvation CANNOT BE EARNED BY anything man might do. God got tired of men boasting. He was done with man's self effort. He wanted the Lord Jesus Christ to get ALL THE GLORY. I realize how much that galls you, but it's what Christ's work on the Cross accomplished.

You, being ignorant of God's righteousness, ....have NOT SUBMITTED unto the righteousness of God.

Romans 10:2-3 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

THE OBEDIENCE OF ONE....

According to HIS MERCY, He saves us.

The GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord.....not of you puny worker bee.

Just answer the question; why won't you?

Bahahaaaaahahaaa

glorydaz

Just answer the question; why won't you?

Bahahaaaaahahaaa

"If we keep his commandments".....absolutely.

God's Truth

"If we keep his commandments".....absolutely.

So now you believe John the Jew speaking to the Jews? HAHAHAHAA

I am keeping this one too.

So glad that you are preaching obedience.

Now then, since you say if we keep His commandments we know Him...how do you ever get that you receive His Spirit if you don't obey Him by believing and repenting of your sins to be saved?

glorydaz

So now you believe John the Jew speaking to the Jews? HAHAHAHAA

I am keeping this one too.

So glad that you are preaching obedience.

Now then, since you say if we keep His commandments we know Him...how do you ever get that you receive His Spirit if you don't obey Him by believing and repenting of your sins to be saved?

You asked if it was "old law". Have you forgotten already.

Better get an appointment with a shrink. :rotfl:

God's Truth

You asked if it was "old law". Have you forgotten already.

Better get an appointment with a shrink. :rotfl:

You are the one who needs one.

John says JESUS is the PROPITIATION FOR OUR SINS AND THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD. That is NEW not old law. The old law says real animals. John speaks for Jews AND GENTILES.

glorydaz

You are the one who needs one.

John says JESUS is the PROPITIATION FOR OUR SINS AND THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD. That is NEW not old law. The old law says real animals. John speaks for Jews AND GENTILES.

Compared to..... Grace :chew:

Romans 3:24-26
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

I'm tired of of your ignorance. :wave:

God's Truth

Compared to..... Grace :chew:

Romans 3:24-26
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

I'm tired of of your ignorance. :wave:

Hahahahaaa It is the same gospel and those scriptures are about the same thing.

tdhiggins

Jesus says his works are life.

You don't get life from his words if you do not do what he says.

Again, as I've said countless times in this thread, a result does not produce that which caused it. I'll phrase it another way. An effect does not create its cause. Good works are a result of salvation, not the cause of salvation. See Eph. 2:10. Fruit is evidence that regeneration has occurred, that is why it is called fruit. An apple does not create the apple tree which produced it. The apple is an apple because the tree is an apple tree.

God's Truth

Again, as I've said countless times in this thread, a result does not produce that which caused it. I'll phrase it another way. An effect does not create its cause. Good works are a result of salvation, not the cause of salvation. See Eph. 2:10. Fruit is evidence that regeneration has occurred, that is why it is called fruit. An apple does not create the apple tree which produced it. The apple is an apple because the tree is an apple tree.

Reread the scriptures more carefully.

Go deeper than what you allowed yourself to believe.

Jesus' words are life and HE SAYS to obey to receive the Holy Spirit.

You just don't understand Paul, for he would not preach against what Jesus says.

We obey to get saved and to stay saved.

tdhiggins

Reread the scriptures more carefully.

Go deeper than what you allowed yourself to believe.

Jesus' words are life and HE SAYS to obey to receive the Holy Spirit.

You just don't understand Paul, for he would not preach against what Jesus says.

We obey to get saved and to stay saved.

On judgement day, you go ahead and rely on your works. I'll rely on the finished work of Christ. I know that there is nothing good in me (see Romans 7), and that trusting that the sacrifice of Christ atoned for my sin will save me from the wrath of God which is to come.

popsthebuilder

Jesus instructed:

Matthew: 8 King James Version (KJV)
22 But Jesus said unto him, 1.) Follow me; and 2.) let the dead bury their dead.

The above defined two different paths that were offered by Jesus.

In the above the Jews were 'the dead' in Jesus instruction, 'let the dead bury their dead'. The Jews were not the ones given by God to follow Jesus and indeed they did not follow Jesus.

The following is what the Holy KJV N.T. says:

The Jews were 'the dead' in the above because the Jews esteemed, used, invoked and/or promoted the ten commandments and they were determined to continue to do so. However the ten commandments were and are the ministration of death. The ten commandments makes one and keeps one 'the dead' (who according to Jesus must be left to bury each other):

2 Corinthians: 3 KJV N.T.
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

In the above that which was written and engraved in stone is the ten commandments. The above confirmed that the ten commandments (which were written and engraved in stone) is the the ministration of death. The ten commandments killeth. The ten commandments makes one and keeps one 'the dead' (i.e. the spiritually dead).

In another revelation in the Holy KJV N.T., it is confirmed that 'the thou shalt not covet' commandment (and by extension the entire ten commandments), were ordained to be onto life but were found to onto death:

Romans: 7 KJV N.T.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

The ten commandments makes one and keeps one 'the dead'. This is directly liked to Jesus' instruction, 'let the dead bury their dead'.

Fact is, according to the Holy KJV N.T., Jesus identified the ten commandments to be the ministration of death. Jesus also identified the ten commandments to be 'him who had the power of death, that is the devil. And Jesus did away with (destroyed) the ten commandments (that is the devil in ideas form) and replace them with His Spirit.

However the Jews did not accept Jesus and they did not accept the fact that Jesus did away with the ten commandments and replaced them with His Spirit.

Instead, the Jews choose to remain under the the ten commandments and continue to be 'the dead', instead of embracing the Spirit of Jesus which giveth life. So, Jesus simply instructed his disciples, 'let the dead (i.e. the Jews with their ten commandments) bury each other by esteeming, using, invoking and promoting the ten commandments. And so be it. However Jesus instructed that His disciple follow Him by embracing His new approach to life.

Therefore it was with disdain that Jesus instructed his disciple to 'let the dead bury their dead'. This instruction would enable the dead to be dispatched to hell in side the earth with Satan.

'The dead' were all people who continue to esteem, use, invoke and/or promote the ten commandments (which killeth). And back then, some 2000 odd years ago, these were the Jews. And they denied, persecuted, tortured and killed Jesus for doing away with the ten commandments for His followers. And indeed Jesus found that the ten commandments were and continue to be, the devil, in ideas form and which killeth.

Therefore it was with disdain that Jesus reaffirm the ten commandments for the Jews and all others who wanted to esteem, use, invoke and/or promote the ten commandments. They were not denied their free choice.

The ten commandments were left intact for unrelenting spiritually dead people (i.e. also called the dead'). The ten commandments were left for these people, (by their use of the ten commandment) to continue to be the dead' who would eventually be buried by their peers inside the earth in hell, with Satan.

Jesus instruction to his his disciple to 'let the dead bury their dead' was not nice or favorable. It was an indictment against the Jews and all others who chose to remain under the ten commandments (which killeth) instead of abandoning and transgressing the ten commandments, so as to be led unconditionally by His Spirit.

The above is the sad fact and the very precise cause of serious doom among a billion strong Catholics and a billion strong traditional Christians. And no amount of fancy rhetoric and distortions of the Holy KJV N.T. can or will change the above fact.

Of course those who actively transgressed the ten commandments so as to be led by the Spirit of Jesus all when to spirit heaven, in three day after they died, to be with Jesus, Who is clad only in His Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God body.

'The dead' (i.e. all who esteem use, invoke and/or promote the ten commandments even in the slightest manner) are all buried inside the earth, in hell, with Satan/Peter, who went there to rule after he died, physically.

These are the literal and plain facts in the Holy KJV N.T. One can distort and corrupt these facts, this will change nothing. The truth is the truth.
Jesus specified which Jew was misdirected and misdirecting. It was the in included the suducees and pharasees. Not the essenes.

Excuse my poor spelling please.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

On judgement day, you go ahead and rely on your works.

I'm not doing my works, I am doing Jesus' works. Duh

I'll rely on the finished work of Christ. I know that there is nothing good in me (see Romans 7), and that trusting that the sacrifice of Christ atoned for my sin will save me from the wrath of God which is to come.

Why do you call Jesus 'Lord' but don't do what he says?