The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

HopeofGlory

Just

You said
This is a baptism administered by men, and when performed scripturally is approved of God. And it is a baptism men submit to of their own free will. At a time of their choosing, in obedience to the Lord's command.

Water baptism is administered by man but in this age of grace it has nothing to do with the remission of sins. Listen as Paul teaches:D

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1 Corinthians 1:19 (KJV)

That's right, Paul was sent NOT to baptize and he thanked God he had only batized a few. Why? Because Paul realizes it would make the cross of Christ of non effect for remission of sins. Paul set the example, HE PREACHED AND DID NOT BAPTIZE WITH WATER and he thanked God he had only baptized a few. Must be a revelation here somewhere.

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 1 Cor. 1:22 through 1 Cor. 1:24 (KJV)

Did you catch that part? The JEWS require a sign BUT we preach Christ crucufied and Paul said Christ sent him not to baptize. The only symbol of our faith is the cross where Christ shed His blood for remission of sin.

It is not by the will of man we are saved but by the will of God .

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:10 through John 1:13 (KJV)

Men do not choose the time of their salvation!

Paul was saved on Damascus road before water baptism. The theif on the cross was saved without water baptism.

Why?
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8 through Eph. 2:9 (KJV)

You said:
The one baptism of Eph. 4 is Christian era baptism. It is the baptism that is commanded. And it was designed to remain in effect until the end of the earth (Matthew 28:18-20). It is not the baptism of John. It is not the baptism of fire. And it is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus never commanded the apostles to baptize with water. He said...Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matt. 28:19 (KJV)

He instructed them to teach and they would be born again by the washing of the word and it would be the ascended Christ that would baptize by the Spirit when they believed His spirit words in reference to the new testament.

For John truly baptized with water; but (on the contrary) ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. Acts 1:5 (KJV)

For by one Spirit ARE WE ALL BAPTIZED into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Cor. 12:13 (KJV)

There is no mention of water baptism in Eph 4 but it is a message of grace and receiving a "free" gift.

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Eph. 4:7 (KJV)

Grace is not earned by works for it is a gift! Water baptism is not required to receive the grace of God.

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Rom. 4:4 through Rom. 4:6 (KJV)

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Seal unto redemption! Not the same as endurance to the end! Water baptism has nothing to do with remission of sins in this dispensation of grace as it did at Pentecost!

In Christ
Craig

HopeofGlory

Just

You said:
Christian era baptism consists of immersion in water (Acts 8:38). Its prerequisites are faith, repentance, and confession (Mark 16:15,16; Acts 2:38; Acts 8:37). It, therefore, is not for infants. It is administered in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19,20). And, it is for the remission of sins and for union with Christ (Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; Galatians 3 :26-27; Romans 6:3-5).

Water baptism for remission was taught under the gospel of the circumcision and this gospel did not contain the goodnews that Christ died for their sins. The new testament (Matt 26:28) of his shed blood for remission was not taught by the apostles. Their message was the same as the Baptist's message and that being a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. Paul was the first to preach faith in His shed blood for remission. Not once did Paul teach a water baptism for remission and he was not taught by man.

No one ever baptized with water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Why? Because this baptism is administered by the Spirit of Christ. It is a gift by faith in the words of the new testament. That is why Christ instructed the apostles to teach His words and Paul said Christ sent him NOT to baptize.

It is true, Christ baptizes all who have faith in His words of the new testament by His Spirit. You deny this fact in an attempt to prove your false doctrine. Wrong division has lead you to a false interpretation of the Pauline epistles. Christ baptizes all without the use of water!

For by one Spirit are we all baptized....1 Cor. 12:13 (KJV)

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Gal. 1:12 (KJV)

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you FIRST of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 1 Cor. 15:2 through 1 Cor. 15:3 (KJV)

You will search in vain for this message of grace which is the new testament for remission at Pentecost. Did Phillip reveal the new testament to the eunuch? No he did not! Why? Because Paul received it by revelation of Christ and he was the first to teach it.

Ananias, a devout man ACCORDING TO THE LAW.. Acts 22:12 (KJV)

According to the law Ananias believed Paul needed to be water baptized. We are made free from the law and have no need for water baptism! We walk by faith not by sight thus we are not as the Jews that required a sign.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Gal. 3:24 through Gal. 3:26 (KJV)

Gal 3:26-27 and Rom 6:3-5 is in reference to baptism by the Spirit and has nothing to do with the earthly element of water.

Water baptism is not for remission of sins, faith in the shed blood of Christ is for remission of sins (Rom 3:25).

Paul was chosen to deliver a message of grace to the Gentiles and not once does he teach a baptism of repentance for remission of sins. If Acts 2:38 is the gospel of Christ then there would have been no need for Christ to have shed His blood for remission and no need to call Paul into the ministry. All we would need to do is repent of our sins and obey in water baptism. Believing in Acts 2:38 will not save one soul from hell in this dispensation, it is a false gospel with a false witness, and it is void of the power of God. The true witness is that Christ died for our sins and faith in His shed blood is for remission without the need for works of the flesh.

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him."

In Christ
Craig

carri

C.Moore--

You responded to my question concerning whether or a not an infant, born condemned because of Adam's sin, would go to hell:
No, the baby will not go to hell, because there is something called mercy, and grace,and Jesus sid some thing about the love for children, suffer that not.
So basically Jesus intercedes for the baby ,and children until they can make a free choice.
Doesn't that make God a respecter of person's? Please show a verse that proves that Jesus has to intercede for a child in order for that child not to be condemned because of Adam's sin. Have you not considered that maybe they won't suffer because they are not yet capable of sin, and that it has nothing to do with Adam?

Borrowing from the times you accused us of being Mormons because we happen to both believe in a certain doctrine, let me say this: the idea of "Original Sin" is very Catholic--I guess that makes you a Catholic;)

Carri

carri

C.Moore--

This seems to me to be an idiotic question if ever I heard one:
The twenty that repented, and are members, and got watered baptized, are they saved???

Do those people after all their membership to your group have confidence that they are going to heaven ?????.
And the answer is OF COURSE!!!

You also said this:
Even the church they have is not their own, it just a rent out place, and the pastor and his wife has to work a full time to help pay for the church because they don`t believe in tithes, and offering message, and prosperity in overflow.
So they are fighting to keep the church doors open.

Can this be our Father will which created this world and everything on it , including the buildings, and money????
First of all, the church is not a building, it is the people. I guess the first century Christians weren't doing things right either because they met in their homes (see Rom 16:5 if you don't believe me) Paul and Barnabas also worked to pay their way instead of living off church funds, even when they had the right to be paid by the church (see 1 Cor 9) Maybe this church uses their funds for more nobler purposes--like feeding the poor. When a church doesn't have to pay overhead for building costs and that sort of thing, it frees up a lot of money for doing good--like paying medical bills for the sick, feeding the homeless, etc...In 1Cor 16 Paul tells the church at Corinth how to make the collection, just as he did the church at Galatia. They are not commanded to tithe, but to set aside a portion of their income as they have prospered, and then later that money will be taken to Jerusalem. Note that they are not told to keep it in order to build up a church building or anything else, or so the evangelists could buy spendy clothes and diamond rings to show off how much the church is giving, but that it is to go up to Jerusalem for God's people. I'm thinking that this is where the money came from to feed the widows (Acts 6:1).

And you said:
the reason why most people don`t like tv evangelist like Benny Hinn , Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar,billy Grahm,Kenneth Copeland and T.D Jakes, and many powerful tv christian channel , is because they are proving that Jesus is supporting them, and they can`t compare with their powerless doctrines.
This doesn't prove that Jesus is supporting them, just that people want to hear what they are saying, truth or not. By your logic, Jesus supports the drug lords and pimps out there--their prosperity proves it!

C.Moore, do you know what an evangelist is?
How can people that say they are follower of Christ , and disobey, by not evangelizing , and bringing other to Christ, and come against Evangelist, that are on tv, or do street witnessing, and more???????
You don't have to go on tv or to the streets to evangelize. Anyone who tells another about Christ is evangelizing, whether we are teaching our children or telling a co-worker. We are not all called to do it professionally, and just because some do it professionally, doesn't mean they are proclaiming the truth.

Where you got this idea about the passage I quoted is beyond me:
This is meant by the scripture you quoted, because they are not excited about the Word of God they are happy to get home as soon as possible to do their own things, and they only want people to see their face on sundays in the place, but they forget about the anointing, and the anointer.
The passage had nothing to do with people making a show of going to church, but men teaching false doctrine because that's what the people's ears itch for, and doing it for their own gain. Maybe you should read it again.

You said:
Jesus doesn`t want us to live in just enough, he want us to live in overflow
Show me a scripture. Read Acts4:32-36 It doesn't seem the first century Christians would have agreed with your opinion They didn't live in their overflow--they gave it to others so that everyone would have enough.

Every time you end with this I cringe:
Let God Bless you Carri, and your group
Considering your constant pointing out of how we must be being misled by wolves and deceived by the devil, your comment can only be made in hypocracy. I certainly wouldn't ask God to bless a group that was spreading the devil's lies!!

Carri

carri

Freak--

Absolutely! Christ told the apostles to go into the world, make disciples of all nations and baptize people, and teach them to obey all that he had taught them.(Matt28:19-20) One person cannot spiritually baptize another, therefore he could not have meant anything other than water baptism. Those who believe and are baptized will be saved.(Mark16:15) Christ is the author of salvation for all who obey him.(Heb5:9) We are told not only to baptize others, but to be baptized for the remission of sin ourselves, and since we are commanded to do it, we must obey. If not, Christ is not the author of our salvation.

At what point has it been unclear what my position is on this? I may have focused more on obedience being necessary for salvation than just baptism, but since baptism is commanded, it should be obvious that it is necessary.

Carri

JustAChristian

Originally posted by c.moore
I am still waiting for an answer from this JustAchristian.
What up with your statement this is not the Holy Spirit????????

Quote by c.moore
I am proud of your interpretation of the letter, I`ll give you an A on that

I could get sarcastic back at you on your interpretation of the Holy Spirit, but I will remain in my fruit of meekness, and humbleness.
You need to take the advice from carri, your showing your fruits to much,of the spirit that is guiding you, you should keep it offline so we don`t see the truth about you.

I hope you can get this easy lesson to help you grow.
Sorry if this also come`s to sarcastic.

You said:? The spirit is not the Holy Spirit, but the Law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus -- the New Testament. Don't you agree?

Nope, because this scripture is mean directly the Holy Spirit.

Let`look what the bibles says, JustAchristian.
First let look at the CEV bible. Quote 2Cor 3:6
He makesus worthy to be the servants of his agreement that comes from the HOLY SPIRIT and not from a written Law.After all, the Law brings death, but theSpirit brings life.

You said:? The spirit is not the Holy Spirit,

Let look at the Living bible.
2 Corinthians 3:6 :: New Living Translation (NLT)

2 Corinthians 3
6He is the one who has enabled us to represent his new covenant. This is a covenant, not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old way ends in death; in the new way, the Holy Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6 :: Amplified Bible (AMP)

2 Corinthians 3 6[It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant [of salvation through Christ], not [ministers] of the letter (of legally written code) but of the Spirit; for the code [of the Law] kills, but the [Holy] Spirit makes alive.(1)

Now JustAchristian , you can fight against the interpretation bibles, not me , or Dan37.

Just to prove that you take things out of context I will explain the king James version in my first grade level as you call it ,to get knowledge from the truth, so you can be free , and grow.
Let`s put this whole chapter under a magnify glass.

2Co:3:3: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink,but with the Spirit of the living God;

2Co:3:17: Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord 2Co:3:17: Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord

2Co:3:18: But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as
by the Spirit of the Lord.

I hope you know how to say you are in err, and admit, you missed the mark because you are a human being with err.

We will be waiting on how you try to get out of what you said, quote :The spirit is not the Holy Spirit,

Let God bless you
peace

2 Corinthians 3 6

[It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant [of salvation through Christ], not [ministers] of the letter (of legally written code) but of the Spirit; for the code [of the Law] kills, but the [Holy] Spirit makes alive.(1)

Well, C.Moore,
If you'd look at your own proof text you would see that the "spirit" is not the Holy Spirit. He qualified us as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant.... the new covenant is the "spirit" It gives life, weereas, the old covenant "the letter" kills. The translation is a poor translation because "Hagios" or Holy is not in the text. It is inserted by the translator to try to fool you, and you took the bait. Look at this

Greek text and see if Hagias is in the verse. (2 Corinthians 3:6)

6 oj kai ikanwsen hmaj diakonouj kainhj diaqhkhj ou grammatoj alla pneumatoj to gar gramma apokteinei to de pneuma zwopoiei
(Interlinear Greek New Testament)

6. oj kai ikanwsen hmaj diakonouj kainhj diaqhkhj ou grammatoj alla pneumatoj to gar gramma apoktenei to de pneuma zwopoiei
(Byzantine Majority Text)

6. oj kai ikanwsen hmaj diakonouj kainhj diaqhkhj ou grammatoj alla pneumatoj to gar gramma apokteinei to de pneuma zwopoiei
(Wescott & Hort Greek Text)

Check some other's out. You want find a single one that has the Greek word for "Holy" which is Hageios.

JustAChristian

Last edited:

Evangelion

Oooh, nice work there, JAC. :up:

The NLT is hopelessly biased, and I'm glad to see that you recognise it as such. (Of course, since I'm a not Trinitarian, people will argue that I always call everything "biased." But in this case, I think I have a point.)

And besides, you started it! ;)

JustAChristian

Thanks For The Support!

Thanks For The Support!

Originally posted by Evangelion
Oooh, nice work there, JAC. :up:

The NLT is hopelessly biased, and I'm glad to see that you recognise it as such. (Of course, since I'm a not Trinitarian, people will argue that I always call everything "biased." But in this case, I think I have a point.)

And besides, you started it! ;)

This conclusion is really elementry, but c.moore and dan37 are totally bias. Satan has really blinded their eyes to the obvious truth.

JustAChristian

Last edited:

JustAChristian

The Most Misunderstood Person In The Bible.

The most misunderstood person in the Bible, I believe, is the Holy Spirit. I want you to understand for sure that the Holy Spirit is a person. He is not an "it" or a "thing", He is a person of Deity, and is called the Holy Ghost in the King James Version (Mt. 3:11), and "Spirit" in the first letter to Timothy (1 Tim 4:1). We see him called "the Spirit of God" in (1 Cor 6:11). Likewise he is called the "Spirit of Christ" (Rom. 8:9). Each name depicts a characteristic at the time expressed, and should not be construed to be different Spirits. The American Standard and other translations almost exclusively use the term "Spirit" instead of "Ghost" which I am told is an old English term for guest, as a guest we would have at our homes. The Holy Ghost would then be a guest within us as we are or become the temple of the Holy Ghost ( 1 Cor. 6:19).

As a Spirit person, he has the ability to do things that a person, as we know it, can do. Among these is the ability to know, "...even so, the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God (1 Cor. 2:11). He can know because He has a mind, "And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit..."( Rom. 8:27). The Bible says that the Holy Spirit did things as He wished. He had the ability to dispense various gifts as He willed" (1 Cor 12: 4-11). He has the characteristic of love (Rom. 15:30). The Bible says that " the Spirit speaketh expressly. He spoke on one occasion to Philip the evangelist (Act 8:29).He bears witness. Jesus, on one occasion said that "...he shall testify of me" (Jn.15:26). He has the ability to intercede in prayer for us, for the Bible says, "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself (himself; the better translation), maketh intercession for us with groanings, which cannot be uttered" (Rom.26). Some hold that the Holy Spirit is but a force, but let me further assure you that He is not just a force, but a person that can be grieved (Eph 4:30). People try to deceive the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:30). He can be blasphemed (Mk 3:29), and He may be insulted (Heb. 10:29). These are things which a force cannot do or receive.

In the building up of the church in the first century, the work of the Holy Spirit was to lead the apostles and preachers of Christ to prevent them from going astray in their preaching and writing. The Bible says, "But when they deliver you up take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you (Mt. 10:19,20). The apostle John in his gospel relays what Jesus taught saying, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come" (Jn. 16:13).

The Bible speaks of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and a lot of misunderstanding comes for a lack of proper study on this study. John the Baptist, on an occasion addressed an audience saying "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire" (Mt. 3:11) We see in the Bible, that the Apostles on the first Pentecost after Christ's resurrection, (Acts 2:1-4), and the household of Cornelius (Acts 10:44-47) were the only ones to be baptized with the Holy Spirit. Today, there is but one baptism, in water (Eph 4:4-5).

Fire baptism is the eternal baptism of flames of Hell Fire and no one should seek that. It will be rendered at the Judgement of the Lord (2 Thess. 1:8-10). The Spirit was manifested many times in the scriptures, but only at the laying on of hands of the Apostles was He dispensed to the people (Acts 8:14-17; Acts 19:6) The Holy Spirit baptism is a wonderful subject but must be understood properly.

JustAChristian

Last edited:

JustAChristian

Mark 16:15-16

Mark 16:15-16

Originally posted by dan37
If one believes that Jesus sined then one could believe warter baptism can save. Jesus was not baptized for the remission of sins but to fulfill all righteousness which is quite different. We are said to follow the Lord in Baptism and if that is the case then it would be necessary for our sin problem to be taken care of before water baptism. We follow the Lord in water baptism to fulfill all righteousness. As the Apostle John said in 1John 4:17 "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." If we are like Christ then our water baptism is to "fulfill all righteousness" not "for the remission of sins".

For an audio lesson on Mark 16:15-16 go to this link
http://www.christiancourier.com/audio/june2002.htm

JustAChristian

carri

Freak--

Eph2:8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast."

Yes, we have been saved through his grace--without it there would be NO chance for anyone to be saved. We can in no way, shape or form earn our salvation. Nothing we can do can get us into heaven because we are all sinners and therefore separated from God. Without the perfect sacrifice of Christ there would be no way to unite us with God, regardless of the number of good works we do.

And, yes, we are saved through faith--that is, a live faith, which is accompanied by actions (James2:17) and not a dead faith. If there are no deeds, then the faith is dead and dead faith doesn't save (this is also the faith of the demons that James talks about). Works, which include obeying Christ (baptism is one), are a part of real, live, saving faith. Anyone who says they aren't necessary is preaching dead faith--which doesn't save. And the works of faith aren't done in order to boast, but in obediance.

If you want to base your entire salvation on a few particular verses of scripture and ignore the rest that's your business, but when you teach others the same rubbish and deceive them into believing half-truths which will only lead to their destruction, you're doing the work of the devil.

Carri

ps Turn about is fair play--what does Heb 5:9 tell you? And how about James 2:14-19?

Last edited:

Freak

Adding to the Word of God, Carri? I believe so. I would be very careful in doing that. God will judge those (like yourself) that violently twist and mangle His Word. Now go back to Ephesians 2. Did it say anything about being saved by works or ones actions? No, it doesn't! You had to add your words to this verse to get something very foreign to the teachings of Holy Scripture.

JustAChristian

Adding to Carri's Post.

Adding to Carri's Post.

Originally posted by Freak
Carri-

Then tell me what Ephesians 2:8-9 tells you.

Thanks.

You've no doubt heard of the endangered species list. If you haven't though, its a list of species designated by the Dept of Interior and other agencies that are in danger of extension unless something is done to maintain their safety and expansion. No doubt about it, we need to consider the animal population, because, if we don't maintain a balance in nature, there is often a direct influence against the human population. It makes me stop and think on what Jesus had to say about faith. He said on one occasion, "...Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?" (Lk. 18:8). Its hard to imagine him saying that. Surely there will be Christians on the earth when Jesus return in glory. If there is the distinct possibility that Christians would be wiped out, what do you suppose would cause such an action like that?

Really, there are many things that can cause faith to be lost upon the earth. When Jesus comes in judgement on the last day, there could be a lot of people that have faith "but not according to knowledge" (Rom. 10:2). By this I mean, their faith will not be the faith of the New Testament. Hear Jesus as He speaks on this very thought. The Bible says in Matthew 7: 21-23,

"Not every one that saith unto me Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in they name? and in they name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

This tells us that there will be people who have professed a faith, for they would not be seeking to serve the Lord unless they had faith, or unless they were only serving for self indulgence. But the text says that many were doing things such as casting out devils, and prophesying and other wonderful works; things that were prevalent during the beginning generation of the church. Things that the apostle Paul in the 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians said would at some given timed cease. He said, "For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away" (vv 9, 10). There was to be a time when spiritual gifts were to cease, but some try to hold onto this showing a lack of Biblical faith. "That which is perfect" came to the first generation Christians in the completion of the writing of the New Testament.(Eph 1:3; 2 Peter 1:3-5). Those first generation Christians were not any longer able to convey the spiritual gifts when the last apostle died, for only by the laying on of the hands of the apostles was the gifts imparted (Acts 8:14-17).

Further Paul speaks of those who would go about to establish their own righteousness, saying, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the Law of righteousness to every one that believeth" (Rom. 10: 3,4). There is that element that would want Christians to continue to worship God, through Jesus Christ, using portions of the Old Testament Law of Moses saying that man should "tithe" and "keep the Sabbath" which both have been done away in Christ death (Col. 2:14). Those who practice such things have a "vain religion" (Matt. 15:7-9). The faith of the Bible that Jesus speaks of is not to be found in them.

You should never think for a moment that Jesus accepts any worship or faith that is not expressly described in the scriptures. It should be our intent to worship scripturally at all time, that Jesus would never have to question our faith (Jn 4:24).

JustAChristian

HopeofGlory

But in every nation whoever fears Him and WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS is accepted by Him (Acts 10:35).

What is it that Peter fears and what is his understanding of grace?

Could it be that his righteousness is of his works and he understands if he does not endure then comes judgment and death? Clearly we have a new message in the gospel Paul preached!

Paul's gospel reflects no such fear because it is....NOT BY WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS which we have done, BUT according to his MERCY he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5 (KJV)

For GOD HATH NOT GIVEN US THE SPIRIT OF FEAR; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:7 (KJV)
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 2 Tim. 1:8 (KJV)
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to HIS OWN PURPOSE AND GRACE , which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 2 Tim. 1:9 (KJV)
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath ABOLISHED DEATH, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 2 Tim. 1:10 (KJV)

How did Paul receive the gospel that is NOT by works of righteousness?

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Gal. 1:12 (KJV)

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Eph. 3:3 (KJV)
Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Eph. 3:4 (KJV)
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; Eph. 3:5 (KJV)

Was Paul commissioned to water baptize?

For Christ sent me NOT TO BAPTIZE, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 1 Cor. 1:17 (KJV)

For by ONE SPIRIT are we ALL BAPTIZED into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Cor. 12:13 (KJV)

The one baptism (NOT TWO) is SPIRIT baptism.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism, Eph. 4:5 (KJV)

In Christ
Craig

HopeofGlory

Behold all things are become new and all things are of God!!

In the beginning the earth was created by the Word of God. The very breath or Spirit of God moved and the visible realm of our existence was created (Gen. 1:2). We are bound to this earthly realm by the flesh and it appears we must die of the flesh to enter the Spiritual realm (Roms. 8:8-10). We know that Christ created the world (Col. 1:16) therefore we can know that Christ is the Spirit or Word of God (2 Cor. 3:17). John tells us that the Word is the light of men (John 1:4) and Christ Jesus is that light (Luke 2:32). The Spirit that brought light to the darkness on the face of the deep (Genesis 1:2-3) is the same light that “shineth” in the darkness of the heart of man (John 1:5). Christ in the beginning was Spirit and He was made flesh (John 1:14) to enter into the earthly realm of man to deliver a eternal redemptive message of His death (John 6:54). The natural man cannot receive this offer of eternal life (2 Cor. 2:14) because it is spiritually discerned. When Christ Jesus ascended back to the Father He regained the form He had from the beginning (Col. 1:15) as the Light (John 1:7) that “shineth in darkness”. His appearance to Saul on Damascus road (Acts 9:3-7) testifies to this truth. Saul fell to the ground immersed in the light as John did (Rev. 1:17) at the appearance of the great Light and today that Light shines in or immerses the hearts of men (Eph. 3:16-21). These appearances clearly reveal His transformation and they are in great contrast to the resurrected Jesus before His ascension. Yes, Christ is that Spirit (2 Cor. 3:17) that baptizes us into the body (1 Cor. 12:13). How this occurs is revealed to us by Jesus in the book of John.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63 (KJV)

His spoken words in reference to the New Testament (Matt. 26:28)(John 6:54) released man from his flesh and created the way for us to step into the Spiritual realm of eternity. Christ Jesus is explaining these words are “spirit” and that they had the power to “quickeneth” (Titus 3:5) thus granting eternal life. When we teach the spirit words of the ascended Christ all who believe are baptized by His Spirit into His body.

Here we have two of the “Spiritual elements” that are required to step into eternity. The Spirit (ascended Christ) and the Word (spirit words spoken by Christ before ascension) and yet there is a third who is the Father of lights (James 1:17-18). In the name of the Father, the Word (Son), and the Holy Ghost the record is witnessed from heaven to man that Christ shed forth blood and water (John 19:34) to cleanse and sanctify believers.

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7 (KJV)
And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. 1 John 5:8 (KJV)

While we look not at the things which are seen (earthly elements), but at the things which are not seen (Spiritual elements): for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Cor. 4:18 (KJV)

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor. 5:17 (KJV)
And ALL THINGS ARE OF GOD, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 2 Cor. 5:18 (KJV)

The contrast of the earthly things and the heavenly things are revealed to us in the words spoken to Nicodemus concerning the need to be born again by the Spirit as Christ tells him he has not received “our witness” (1 John 5:7).

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. John 3:11 (KJV)
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? John 3:12 (KJV)

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, Eph. 5:26 (KJV)
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Eph. 5:27 (KJV)

The “pure” water (Heb. 10:22) is the word of God that now washes us by the Spirit of God (1 Cor. 6:11) was purchased with the blood of Christ (Heb. 10:19) and it has become the “new” and living way (Heb. 10:20). It is the blood that cleanses (1 John 1:7) and the blood that sanctifies (Heb. 12:13) and the blood that washes us white (Rev. 7:14) without spot (1 Pet. 1:19).

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5 (KJV)

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Phil. 3:18 (KJV)
Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) Phil. 3:19 (KJV)
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Phil. 3:20 (KJV)

In Christ
Craig

Last edited: