The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

JustAChristian

Re: Re: What Other Words Must Be Said?

Re: Re: What Other Words Must Be Said?

Originally posted by agape
Jesus Christ was referring to the baptism that was to come. He was talking about those who would believe "in him" as their Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9) shall be baptized and saved (born again). There is no mention of "water" baptism. It was after his resurrection when spiritual baptism became available shortly afterwards, on the Day of Pentecost.

Mark 16:14:
Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

What gospel? The gospel of grace.

(16) He that believeth [in this gospel of grace] and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Water baptism does not save because it is not an "inside cleansing of sins." Only "spiritual baptism" can cleanse one's soul of their sins. Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation...not water. Water was a temporal, physical baptism...an outward cleansing till the greater spiritual baptism became available which is an inner/inward cleansing or remission of sins once and for all.

How so empty is your rational. Just like Peter spoke of certain ones in his day:

2 Peter 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

JusstAChristian

c.moore

Here we go again , showing these water divers, the big mountain, and the wilderness they are trying to go through.

I`ll rather take the short cut and go directly to the promise land, or right to Jesus, and trust Him.
by the way Good work agape welcome to the diving course.

God bless

agape

Re: Re: Re: What Other Words Must Be Said?

Re: Re: Re: What Other Words Must Be Said?

Originally posted by JustAChristian

How so empty is your rational. Just like Peter spoke of certain ones in his day:

2 Peter 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

JusstAChristian
LOL...Whatever :D

Last edited:

JustAChristian

Originally posted by c.moore
Here we go again , showing these water divers, the big mountain, and the wilderness they are trying to go through.

I`ll rather take the short cut and go directly to the promise land, or right to Jesus, and trust Him.
by the way Good work agape welcome to the diving course.

God bless

Lesseon from Matthew chapter 7:

21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

JustAChristian

c.moore

JustAChristian

Thanks for the bible whipings, and the the bible slapping in the face .:eek:
Is this your lesson???

God stills Love you, and I do also.
let God bless you

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

Thanks for the bible whipings, and the the bible slapping in the face .:eek:
Is this your lesson???

God stills Love you, and I do also.
let God bless you

A Lesson From Acts chapter 8

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

A Lesson From Titus chapter 2

11 ¶ For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

A Lesson From Acts chapter 2

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

A Lesson From Galatians chapter 3

19 ¶ Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

JustAChristian

c.moore

praise God

JustAChristian

praise God

Galatians 3:27
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Peter 3: 21

21 ¶ The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Mark 16:16

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

John 3:5

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

1 Peter 1:21-23

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Acts 10:47-48

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Rev 22:7

7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book

JustAChristian

c.moore

JustAChristian

Check this out, and tell me what you think this means.

How much baptiism do we need after christ Jesus made us righteous????????????

Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Ro:5:19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

we are condenmned automatic because of adam.

We are automatically righteous alone also through Jesus.

Ro:5:19: For as by one man's (disobedience )many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Jesus was obedient for us , this is the one man.

peace

elected4ever

I have changed my mind. Just a christian, Baptism is necessary for salvation. But it is not water baptism. There is no command in scripture for water baptism. From the day of pentecost forward, the reference to baptism as a command for salvation or to the church is Holy Spirit Baptism. There is nothing wrong with water baptism and I thing it appropriate to baptize with water. The key verse here is Matthew 3:11  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: . Find out what the baptism of Jesus is. That is the baptism that saves.

JustAChristian

Checking It Out!

Checking It Out!

JustAChristian

Check this out, and tell me what you think this means. How much baptiism do we need after christ Jesus made us righteous?

Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Ro:5:19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

we are condenmned automatic because of adam.

Ro:5:19: For as by one man's (disobedience )many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

peace

Check this out, and tell me what you think this means.

How much baptiism do we need after christ Jesus made us righteous?????????????

If you are baptized for the right reason the first time, you don't have to ever be immersed again. Acts 19:1-5

we are condenmned automatic because of adam

You do err not know the scriptures nor the power of God. We are not condemned for Adam's sin but for our own sins

Isaiah 59:1-2

1 ¶ Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Ezekiel 18:20

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Obedience to the Law of God has always brought salvation

Ezekiel 18:21

21 ¶ But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Man becomes a sinner when he sins not when he is born,

James 1: 13-15

13 ¶ Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Genesis 8:21

21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

The Bible says something different.

Hebrews 5:8-9

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

JustAChristian

Apollos

What is baptism "in the name of Christ..." ???

What is baptism "in the name of Christ..." ???

Just passing through. I see that J-a-C is holding down the fort!

dan37 said...

<<<"From the day of pentecost forward, the reference to baptism as a command for salvation or to the church is Holy Spirit Baptism.">>>

Really? Are you sure? I thought it was in buttermilk!!

How can we PROVE this???? Hmmm, I wonder..............

Kevin

dan37,

From the day of pentecost forward, the reference to baptism as a command for salvation or to the church is Holy Spirit Baptism.

Dan, that baptism that occured at Pentecost IS water baptism! Observe. In Acts 2:38 (Pentecost), people were baptized "in the name of Jesus Christ".

All you have to do is find out how one is batized "in the name of Jesus Christ", right?

Well Acts 10:47-48 clearly shows that baptism "in the name of the Lord" (Jesus) is done with water! Water!

Acts 10:47-48
47) Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?"
48) And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.

Now that you've agreed that baptism is necessary for salvation, all you have to do is accept the way it's done by the examples given in the Bible.

Apollos

Baptism in water...??? Acts 10:47-48

Baptism in water...??? Acts 10:47-48

Kevin -

Yes - that's it! Baptism "in the name of Jesus Christ" is - it IS in WATER !!

But hey - what am I going to do with all of this buttermilk ??? :cool:

Hmmm...

elected4ever

Where does it say that it is water baptism in Acts 2:38?

Acts 2:38  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Read Acts 10: 44-48 and you will see that water baptism came after the Holy Spitit Baptism.

Acts 10:44  ¶While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45  And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46  For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47  Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

agape

Acts 10:47,48 - "[Then Peter said,] Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?"

The excitement of the occasion so overwhelmed Peter that He ordered John's water baptism, but he never carried it out for God changed Peter's mind. Peter said, as recorded in Acts 11:16, "Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost." Water baptism was not needed nor administered.

(48) And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

elected4ever

Agape,It is a bit of a strech to assume that water baptism was not adminestered bassed on the sctipture. You are assuming facts not in evidence.

c.moore

quote:c.moore
we are condenmned automatic because of adam .

Quote JustAChristian

You do err not know the scriptures nor the power of God. We are not condemned for Adam's sin but for our own sins

Quote by c.moore
That why I ask what does this scripture mean to you, and I still didn`t get an anwer from this bible verse
I `ll say it again.
Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation

Ro:5:19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

The adam is this one man who we all were made sinners, not like you say, our own sin, this is false interpretation of the bible.

Ro:5:12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Ro:5:14: Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

So Now, Who is in err, the bible or you?????

quote: c.moore
We are automatically righteous alone through Jesus.
Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life

quote:c.moore

Ro:5:19: For as by one man's (disobedience )many were made sinners,
so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I hope you can understand what the bible says, and I try to point out the parts you don`t read in huge, and red letters, so you cdan keep the bible in the righjt context.

Let God bless you:)