The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

HopeofGlory

JustAChristian

My replies are in bold.

The one gospel that Paul delivered is the power of God unto salvation.

The one gospel that is the power of God unto salvation is what Paul preached. I agree!

(Romans 1:16), but it is no different in what Peter preached on Pentecost. The same produced one end , salvation of the soul. To make one seem to be superior or inferior to the other is to wrest the scriptures to you own distruction. There is one Lord, ONE FAITH, one Baptism. It is the same faith that was Once (for all times, JAC) delivered to the saints (Jude 3). When preached and obeyed, it produces life. When ignored and disobeyed there is death.

You're "dead" wrong! At Pentecost Peter preached remission of sins through water baptism and his messge was void of the fact that Christ died for our sins. Peter's message was a baptism of repentance for remission of sins, the same as the Baptist's message before the cross. The power of God unto salvation is eternal remission of sins by faith in the sheh blood of Christ and it is not by works of righteous obedience. Show me where the fact that Christ "died for our sins" was preached at Pentecost.

Paul makes it very clear that "work is not grace" for all who have ears to hear the gospel but some are blinded to this truth and wrest these scriptures to their own destruction.

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. Rom. 4:4 (KJV)
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Rom. 4:5 (KJV)
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Rom. 4:6 (KJV)
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Rom. 4:7 (KJV)
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.Rom. 4:8 (KJV)

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5 (KJV)
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; Titus 3:6 (KJV)
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:7 (KJV)

We that have recieved eternal life have been washed and renewed by the Holy Ghost not by any work of righteousness such as water baptism as Peter believed at Pentecost and witnessed to Cornelius.

But in every nation he that feareth him, and "worketh righteousness", is accepted with him. Acts 10:35 (KJV)
The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all Acts 10:36 (KJV)

That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; Acts 10:37 (KJV)

This message as Peter testifies was sent to the "children of Israel" and includes the message of John the baptist that began at Galilee that was a baptism of repentance for remission of sins (Mark 1 :4). The apostles preached the same kingdom message of remission by "works of righteousness" that had it's inception with the Baptist.

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: Matt. 10:5 (KJV)

This water baptism message contained in the Mosaic law was not to be delivered to the Gentiles who were without the law!

Peter was wrong to deliver the circumcision message to the Gentile Cornelius.

Jesus had this to say concerning the message or witness of John the Baptist.

He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light. John 5:35 (KJV)
But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. John 5:36 (KJV)

The work of remission was finished at the cross when Christ shed His blood for the remission of sins and this greater witness superceded the witness of a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

In Christ
Craig

Melody

So, Peter and the other apostles were wrong and Paul alone is right.
Why, because he agrees with your beliefs and Peter and the apostles do not.

Peter did preach baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

He also preached that this same Jesus is both Lord and Christ.

Besides that, he preached many other things. we do not have a "transcript" of that message.

c.moore

Did Paul live , and walk with Jesus , and seen Jesus like the other apostles??????????

I f you see something with your natural eyes , then you don`t have to believe because you already know it real or true.

Do you understanding??
Peace

c.moore

Quote hopeofglory

The work of remission was finished at the cross when Christ shed His blood for the remission of sins and this greater witness superceded the witness of a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Quote c.moore

praise God !
That`s a fantastic post you wrote , and you end it with the finish work of the cross and the Blood of Jesus.

God is blessing you

c.moore

Ro:7:6: But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Look at the NOW in this verse!

We obey and serve God because we are guided by the Spirit, and not the old laws, and regulations

Thank God we can live in the spiritual world, by being led by the spirit, because the natural thing will not last 2Co:4:18: While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

We grow in the spirit day by day 2Co:4:16: For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

peace

HopeofGlory

c.moore

I enjoy your posts and the spiritual understanding that God has given you is evident in your words. I consider you a brother in Christ. Thank you for your kind words.

Ro:7:6: But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

The newness of the "spirit" is made clear in the words that Christ Jesus spoke in reference to the new testament of His shed blood for remission.

It is the "spirit" that quickeneth; the "flesh profiteth nothing": the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63 (KJV)

In Christ
Craig

c.moore

Originally posted by HopeofGlory
c.moore

I enjoy your posts and the spiritual understanding that God has given you is evident in your words. I consider you a brother in Christ. Thank you for your kind words.

The newness of the "spirit" is made clear in the words that Christ Jesus spoke in reference to the new testament of His shed blood for remission.

It is the "spirit" that quickeneth; the "flesh profiteth nothing": the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63 (KJV)

In Christ

Craig

Hello HopeofGlory

Thank you also for your remarks HopeofGlory:up:

My pastor always tell me not to waste my time,trying to fight others with the bible, because we are just casting the pearl to the swine and pig, because they like to stay in their same old mess.
Even if we clean them up ,and give them the soap, they will go back and get dirty again, because they lack the spritual understanding.

I guest you can see that I am not perfect, and I am also disobedient in some thing, like arguing over the bible again after being warned, by anointed leaders, and the Lord, to let these people stay as babies.
Everytime I debate online I must ask he blood of Jesus to wash me, and I repent.
My wife says I have a debating spirit, and I must let other people go, because most of these people are not filled with the spirit of God , and they are just religious people like the pharisess, and sad don`t you see.
I love to talk about the bible, and If I don`t talk on the internet about the bible I will talk on the telephone, or invite JHW, and Mormons to my house to debate about the bible.

HopeofGlory, do you think I need a healing in this matter???

In Germany where I live there are alot of churches, and 98% of the christian churches don`t teach the bible, and even the pastors, and bishops are not born again, and they have not relationship with the Lord Jesus.
I have interview these pastors on my television show, and they admit that they are only doing their work becauase they get paid to do it.
The church is like a club house for them , and they are only the leaders of an organization, and I hate this, and I know Jesus is crying over this, so I try to teach the spiritual thing of God on tv, and I try to do it on this TOL, for this reason I am tired of seeing the devil destroy good christians.

Christians are going around making it more harder to serve the Lord, than what the bible really says, look how some say, you are not saved until the day of Judgement , or we are not saved until the end.:down:

With this doctrine, the good new is detroyed, and looks like this:eek:

HopeofGlory, I want to grow in the LOrd, and get all I can, while I can, and with all my getting I want understand, and power, for our Jesus.

Maybe it is better when I just talk to people that are spiritual, and has grown,and they are not on the milk bottle , but they are eating meat, like yourself, and some other faith believers, spritual people.

I will give this a try so il make this 180 degree turn of repentance not to debate with the bible,and hit people in the face with the Word of God.
Paul was a good debator,but I think he won most of the people by his love ,and power of God on him.

Even Jesus didn`t debate with the sad don`t you see.
His saying was short and wise, and powerful, with love.

I think I said enough , I`ll stay in touch.:D

God bless you
peace

JustAChristian

What have you point out?

What have you point out?

Originally posted by dan37
Melody, Use your head for something other than a hat rack.

Whoso ever calles on the name of the lord shall be saved.

You have merely pointed out that everyone is elegible for salvation and not that calling on the Lord will produce salvation. The bible says:

"And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16).

When one is calling on the name of the Lord, one is doing as the Lord require. One is merely depending upon the promises of Jesus to cleanse and save.

JustAChristian

agape

Re: What have you point out?

Re: What have you point out?

Regarding Acts 22:16:

It was Paul's free-will decision whether he would call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to himself or not - if he did then by his believing God's Word his sins would be washed-away, but if he did not believe God's Word as spoken by Ananias then his sins would not be washed-away! By Paul's believing of God's Word as he called upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to himself he received God's gift of holy spirit by means of the Lord Jesus Christ. Note: there was no mention of physical water because physical water bathing, washing or immersion was not and still is not needed nor is it required because it does not wash-away any sins since the moment that baptism with holy spirit was established on the day of Pentecost!

c.moore

Hello agape

Is this baptism in this verse , the spiritual baptism or the water baptism?
Ac:2:38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

God Bless you

elected4ever

We are baptized in water "for" ,(Which should be understood as on or upon). There is no remission before repentance. Repentance was a requirement for baptism. Ware baptism is an outward expression of an inward reality. We werecommanded to water baptise by Jesus. Where does it say that water baptism is no longer a command of Jesus to the church? Chapter and verse please.

HopeofGlory

c.moore

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Heb. 10:14 (KJV)

In the eyes of God you are perfected!

Whereof I was made a minister,according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Eph. 3:7 (KJV)
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; Eph. 3:8 (KJV)
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Eph. 3:9 (KJV)

It seems to me you're fulfilling your calling.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Tim. 3:16 (KJV)
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim. 3:17 (KJV)

Keep on correcting them and if you reach just one it will be worth the effort. I have a feeling you will reach many for the glory of God.

Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Titus 1:13 (KJV)
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. Titus 1:14 (KJV)

Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, "his spirit was stirred" in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry. Acts 17:16 (KJV)
Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him. Acts 17:17 (KJV)

Keep up the good work!

In Christ
Craig

HopeofGlory

The instructions of Christ after the cross were part of the new testament which was in force after the cross (Heb. 9:17) and are not to be confused with John the Baptist‘s testimony of water baptism for remission before the cross. It can be clearly seen that Jesus instructed the apostles to teach and that teaching will baptize all that believe. He did not command them to do the baptizing in water.

Let's look at each account before Christ ascended in what He commissioned the apostles and heed God’s warning by not "adding" the word “water”.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: Rev. 22:18 (KJV)

This commission must be understood in the light of the “new” testament “for” remission of sins (Matt. 26:28).

The apostles were commanded to preach the word and the truth reveal in the word by the Spirit would baptize them.

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel.... 1 Cor. 1:17 (KJV)

Why would Christ send Paul NOT to baptize if the GREAT COMMISSION was... You apostles go water baptize? There is no rhyme to this type of reasoning. Man’s doctrine teaches water baptism was commanded by Jesus in “the great commission” but this is not biblical terminology.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matt. 28:19 (KJV)

It is clear the apostles are being instructed to teach and the teaching of the word will baptize them. The word is spirit and it is by this word we are baptized...It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life John 6:63 (KJV). The quickening of the spirit (baptism) is immediate when the words of the new testament are believed. The new testament is a new testimony with a greater witness (John 5:33-36) for remission of sins (Matt. 26:28) as opposed to the old testimony for remission (Mark 1:4).

The new testament is not a series of books starting with the four gospels but is a greater witness given by Christ and was not in force until after the death of Christ (Heb. 9:17). The apostles never baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost because this Spirit baptism is performed by Christ when we believe His words.
The contrast of the baptism in water and the baptism in the word is revealed by Jesus with these words...For John truly baptized with water; but (on the contrary) ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. Acts 1:5 (KJV)

Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16 (KJV)

Again, the teaching but also when one believes the word they are baptized by that word. This baptism (quickening) is received the moment one believes the word. This word of the gospel is spirit and life eternal in the new testament.

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. Matt. 26:28 (KJV)
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63 (KJV)

Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: Luke 24:46 (KJV)
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Luke 24:47 (KJV)

Christ said that remission of sins would be received through His death. He did not say remission would be in water baptism. The word of the "new" testament for remission of sins must be believed. Christ is clearly explaining how remission of sins would be received and referring to Isaiah 53 where “it is written” He was to suffer. These scriptures not once mention water baptism.

For John truly baptized with water; but (on the contrary) ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. Acts 1:5 (KJV)

Christ speaks of the contrast of the two baptisms and confirms it will not be in water BUT Spirit! The contrast was further revealed in that the death of Christ for remission of sins superceded water baptism....But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved. John 5:34 (KJV)
He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light. John 5:35 (KJV)
But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. John 5:36 (KJV)

By comparing scripture with scripture it is evident the commission was to preach the new testimony for sin remission and when one believes the words of this gospel of Christ they would be baptized by the Spirit. The confusion is had when men go against the warning of God and “ADD” the word “WATER” to the final words of Christ.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism, Eph. 4:5 (KJV)

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to "drink" into one Spirit. 1 Cor. 12:13 (KJV)

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink" ye all of it; Matt. 26:27 (KJV)
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. Matt. 26:28 (KJV)

In Christ
Craig

Last edited:

elected4ever

Th church baptizes with water and Jesus baptises with the Holy Spirit. Why then do we then baptize for the dead? Simple, when we accept Christ we died and our earthy baptism symbleizes the death bureal and resurection to the new ness in life in Christ Jesus. What so ever is flesh and what so ever is spirit is Spirit.

c.moore

c.moore

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Heb. 10:14 (KJV)

In the eyes of God you are perfected!

Whereof I was made a minister,according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Eph. 3:7 (KJV)
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; Eph. 3:8 (KJV)
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Eph. 3:9 (KJV)

It seems to me you're fulfilling your calling.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Tim. 3:16 (KJV)
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim. 3:17 (KJV)

Keep on correcting them and if you reach just one it will be worth the effort. I have a feeling you will reach many for the glory of God.

Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Titus 1:13 (KJV)
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. Titus 1:14 (KJV)

Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, "his spirit was stirred" in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry. Acts 17:16 (KJV)
Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him. Acts 17:17 (KJV)

Keep up the good work!

In Christ
Craig

Quote by c.moore
Thank you for helping me to continue to help the people that lack knowledge and truthand are decieved through man made religion.

I ´think the reason why I believe the way I do, and God has open my eeyesd to the truth is because I know I am one of the elected, and adopted in the family before the earth was even created.

I really know that these people that are misled, and decieved, believe with all their hearts they are right, but thriough my studying of the bible I see there can be only one truth, one way, and one doctrine, any other doctrine is not from God.
2Jo:1:8: Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jo:1:9: Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Look at this verse Hopeofglory!

2Th:2:10: And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th:2:11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

I really believe this is the reason why others can`t understand the salavation message and the good news.

what do you think about this verse ??

Also I see many relious people are not led by the spirit so they don`t understand the trinity, or spiritual things, like tongues, and spiritual worship to Jesus, and healings like raising the dead growing body parts.
I think this scripture is why they are so blind also about water baptism.

1Co:2:10: But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co:2:11: For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co:2:12: Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co:2:13: Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co:2:14: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Do you aree also HopeofGlory???

I think that why it`s sometime a waste of time , and efford to try to convence some religious so called christians.
I sometime see this same spirit of rebellion that is on most Muslims, also on some christians.

By the way HopeofGlory, what church do you belong too???

God bless you

c.moore

Originally posted by dan37
Th church baptizes with water and Jesus baptises with the Holy Spirit. Why then do we then baptize for the dead? Simple, when we accept Christ we died and our earthy baptism symbleizes the death bureal and resurection to the new ness in life in Christ Jesus. What so ever is flesh and what so ever is spirit is Spirit.

Quote c.moore

Do you know that the Mormon use this scripture to do water baptism for those who was never water baptized??

Look how they make a doctrine , and take scriptures out of context, and make a religious ritual out of the bible, and they call it Holy.:rolleyes:

1Co:15:29: Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

This is the one and only verse they have to back up their baptism for those who died, before getting water baptized.
Look how some destroy the baptism doctrine.:down:

God bless you

c.moore

Originally posted by agape
It's spiritual baptism.

Thank you for your answer Agape.
Many religious christians say this mean the water baptism , and that why we must get baptized in water.
All over this topic you will see others using this verse from acts to try to back up their false doctrine, that water baptism is salvation.

What a same .:down:

Keep up the good work as well , and praise God you have the spirit of God in you.
1Jo:2:27: But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

God is blessing you:)

JustAChristian

One point is enough, but I'll give you two!

One point is enough, but I'll give you two!

The apostles were commanded to preach the word and the truth reveal in the word by the Spirit would baptize them.

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel.... 1 Cor. 1:17 (KJV)

Why would Christ send Paul NOT to baptize if the GREAT COMMISSION was... You apostles go water baptize? There is no rhyme to this type of reasoning. Man’s doctrine teaches water baptism was commanded by Jesus in “the great commission” but this is not biblical terminology.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matt. 28:19 (KJV)

It is clear the apostles are being instructed to teach and the teaching of the word will baptize them. The word is spirit and it is by this word we are baptized...It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life John 6:63 (KJV). The quickening of the spirit (baptism) is immediate when the words of the new testament are believed. The new testament is a new testimony with a greater witness (John 5:33-36) for remission of sins (Matt. 26:28) as opposed to the old testimony for remission (Mark 1:4).

In Christ
Craig

Why would Christ send Paul NOT to baptize if the GREAT COMMISSION was... You apostles go water baptize? There is no rhyme to this type of reasoning. Man’s doctrine teaches water baptism was commanded by Jesus in “the great commission” but this is not biblical terminology

I have pointed out to you the ellipses of this verse but you choose not to even consider it. An ellipses is the omission of a word that is understood in the context. We know that the apostles were sent to baptize (Matthew 287:18). What one apostle did they all did (2 Peter 3:2). The omited word(s) is " only" and "also" -- The Lord sent me not to baptize (only) but to preach (also). Now, this is recognized structural English. It is a recognized form and must be considered. To say that Paul was not to baptize is to cause him to do something contary to what he did. There are reported cases of people in Corinth, Philippi and Ephesus that he baptized (immersed in water). So, you really have no argument foundation by trying to say he wsas not commissionned to baptized, for he freely practice the rite and remained in favor with Christ.
The making of a disciple comes in two parts, one is baptized for the remission of sins and then is taught to observe all things. The word of God does not baptize, but is instrunmental in purifying the soul (1 Peter 1:22). Onlly when this form is followed is one truly a Christian. Holy Spirit baptism was never practiced by the apostles and can not be the baptism of Matthew 28:18-20 or Mark 16:15-16. Baptism is for the remission of sins because "eis" the preposition in Acts 2:38 is in the accusative case and as such always means "in order to" and never "because". Suffice it for the moment with what I have said. I trust you have some sense of honesty about you and will accept the simple logic of my conclusion. Until later.

JustAChristian