The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

Freak

Originally posted by Kevin
Now, hearing the gospel which causes us to believe and be baptized will certainly make us righteous.

Your're adding to Scripture and you will be eternally condemned as a result.

The Scriptures tells us:

David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:
“Blessed are they
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man
whose sin the Lord will never count against him

Righteousness comes apart from any work we do.

The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness--for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.

Who believe in water and in Christ. Does it say that Kevin? Nope. It says "for us who believe in Him." No mention of water that you keep boasting about.

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last.

Kevin, righteousness that is by faith. Not by water.

How much clearer can the Bible be:

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

Righteousness from God through faith in Jesus. Is it by water?

What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith.

Is it by water, nope!

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Well, Kevin, it by belief--faith in Christ.

By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

Do you believe this?

Case close!

Francisco

Freak,

Do you believe repentance is necessary for salvation? If so, how does that impact your belief, and the many scripture citations you've posted that mention only belief in Jesus and say nothing of repentance?

God Bless,

Francisco

Kevin

Freak,

Now, hearing the gospel which causes us to believe and be baptized will certainly make us righteous.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your're adding to Scripture and you will be eternally condemned as a result.

No, I just said basically the same thing that Christ Himself said... that he who believes and is baptized will be saved (Mark 16:16). I said that he who hears the gospel which causes us to believe and be baptized will certainly make us righteous. It is the righteous who will be saved, is it not?

I'm not adding to anything. I'm defending what is clearly written in the Bible.

David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:
“Blessed are they
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man
whose sin the Lord will never count against him

Righteousness comes apart from any work we do.

The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness--for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.

Who believe in water and in Christ. Does it say that Kevin? Nope. It says "for us who believe in Him." No mention of water that you keep boasting about.

Why not address what I said about that instead of ignoring it. And no, it doesn't say anything about water, but other verses do. You must have a very small Bible.

And using your I don't see it in that verse therefore it's not needed for salvation mentality that you use, you never did say anyting about this:

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

or when He said this:

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

No mention of water. Just Jesus.

I answered:
Hmm... no mention of repentance in those verse either. Is that no longer necessary? We can just believe and continue our lives of sin and be saved?

Well? Can't answer... can you? Keep on ignoring and not answering... that's exactly how you lose a debate. I would expect more from somebody with 20 years of experience and has debate many people. Not impressed at all.

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

I've already given a rebuttle to this. Why not try answering it instead of quoting this verse over and over?

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last.

Kevin, righteousness that is by faith. Not by water.

Are you going to address my James arguement to show that a man is justified by works and by works and faith, and not faith only? You don't seem to understand what kind of faith saves a person - it isn't a dead one unto iteself. Once again, you don't even touch my argument and then you throw out a lame comment saying "Kevin, righteousness that is by faith. Not by water."

You just don't get it. If your faith does not lead you to obey the gospel, which includes baptism for the remission of sins, your faith is dead and useless. When will you respond to what has already been addressed? Definately not impressed with your debating skills. I would be embarrassed if I couldn't give direct answers to my opponents arguements.

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Well, Kevin, it by belief--faith in Christ.

And what happened as a result of their belief in Acts 2? Would their belief save them if they didn't obey the commandments of Chrsit? Oh.... that's right, you already say "yes" to that... which reminds me of ANOTHER unanswered question by you (surprise):

You say that righteousness will credited to those who have faith, yet do not keep His commmandments. Considering that 1 John 2:3-4 clearly says that those who do not keep His commandments are liars and do not have the truth, how can such a person be credited righteousness? How does a liar receive righteousness, Freak?

Case close!

Nah... only your eyes and mind.

Last edited:

Kevin

Fransico,

Do you believe repentance is necessary for salvation? If so, how does that impact your belief, and the many scripture citations you've posted that mention only belief in Jesus and say nothing of repentance?

He has YET to answer me that on that very point... see above. :)

rene

He doesn't seem to be able to answer MANY of the questions that have been placed for him nor the many portions within the bible that call into question his comments. He just ignores them - as if that is going to change the reality that they are indeed within the bible.

Personally - you have alot of patience to deal with such a personality as he displays. God has most def. been with you as you have attempted to deal with him in a respectful way - something that he doesn't seem to be able to do.

Kevin

rene,

He doesn't seem to be able to answer MANY of the questions that have been placed for him nor the many portions within the bible that call into question his comments.

I don't know how long you've been a member here at TOL, but yes, Freak is WELL known for dodging questions typically giving out ambiguous "replies" when he attemps to answer. He has GREAT trouble answering questions directly, as you've noticed. :)

He just ignores them - as if that is going to change the reality that they are indeed within the bible.

Amen, sister. I know exactly what you mean. He has to ignore many things or else he will have to admit that his doctrine is wrong- hence the ignoring of many arguments. This is why I invited him to the Portland Oregon area to debate me in front of a live audience. I won't let him ignore and doge as he does in cyberspace. I know I can answer his arguments.

To ignore and hide from arguments from the saftey of cyberspace is one thing... but to ignore and dodge right in front of a large audience, it would be much more difficult to do (and keep any dignity), because I'll keep calling him on it. The people will see who has the truth, because the truth can answer.

Personally - you have alot of patience to deal with such a personality as he displays. God has most def. been with you as you have attempted to deal with him in a respectful way - something that he doesn't seem to be able to do.

I thank you for the compliment, Rene. I'm certainly not perfect though (in regards to debating in a spirit of gentleness). That's something I try to work on, because I know it's easy for me to sink down and just start hurling insults. But again, thank you. :up:

Francisco

Kevin,

It's interesting that John's gospel, which Freak has cited several times, never mentions repentance as a necessary step toward salvation. I believe John assumed if someone believed in Jesus they would necessarily repent and be baptized. Of course we see through the NT scriptures that is exactly what happens repeatedly. And we never see anyone not take action after they come to believe in Jesus.

Freak is also aware, as I'm sure you are, that the early Christians were unanimous in their belief that we are born again through the faith act of baptism. I previously posted writings from the first through the third century that proves this, and many of those writings were authored by disciples of the apostles, or disciples of those who studied under the apostles. There is simply no denying it.

Anyway, you've done an excellent job of defending the doctrine of baptism. My compliments!

God Bless,

Francisco

Kevin

Francisco,

Thanks for the compliments, my friend. Well see if Freak will answer the question about repentance.

I just love it when he quotes a verse and says: see no mention of water there. Those verses often lack repentance, grace, and the blood of Jesus... all of which are necessary for salvation.

Perhaps someday he'll stop picking and choosing the verses that he wants to pay attention to and give respect of the many other verses which speak on matters of salvation, which of course includes the blood of Jesus, repentance, grace, and of course - baptism.

Heh... if faith "only" saves... then Freak better start making a lot more of the "heresy" threads:

The Heretics Message to the World: We are saved by Grace
The Heretics Message to the World: We are saved by the Blood of Christ
The Heretics Message to the World: Repent to be Saved
The Heretics Message to the World: Obey Christ to be Saved
The Heretics Message to the World: Say we are Saved from Scriptures not appoved by Freak :chuckle:

Hehe... Freak is his own worst enemy. He tried to use Romans 10:9-10 on me (believe in they heart and confess with the mouth and you will be saved). Well, being a faith only guy, he picked a bad verse to buid his doctrine on, because confessing with the mouth unto salvation is a WORK! Ooops. I thought faith only was enough.

I then went on to show that those verses mentioned nothing about repentance, and made many other points (this was on the thread "What happens to unbaptized believers"). I didn't hear anything after that.

But anyway... thanks again for the compliment my friend, and I also thought you provided some really good insight to "freelight" about the immediate context of John 3 - being reborn. Excellent work my friend.

Last edited:

Francisco

Thanks Kevin. I wonder what happened to freelight? They were very confident 'born of water' speaks of natural birth so you would think I would get a response to my post. Oh well.... Maybe freelight saw the light!

It really kills me when people try to change Jesus' words at John 3:5 into something they are not, like water = the word, or water = natural birth. It brings a couple of questions to mind:

1 - Why would Jesus expect Nicodemus as a teacher of Israel to know that water =word or natural birth???

2 - Why would Jesus proceed into Judea on a baptizing ministry immediately following the Nicodemus discourse if baptism was not what He was talking to Nicodemus about???

It's also difficult to ignore the 'water as a channel of grace' theme that runs throughout John's gospel. I guess some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Take care Kevin and keep up the good work.

God Bless,

Francisco

PS - You forwarded a prayer request to me a couple months ago from a friend whose wife was just diagnosed with cancer. Any update on her condition?

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Baptists distort the truth

Re: Re: Baptists distort the truth

Originally posted by Freak
Another heretic.

Jesus said:

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

I have just proved you to be a liar.:down:

Freak,
You have not proven anyone a liar. What you have done is to make Jesus oppose himself. What Kevin and the others have said is correct and what you have quoted in scripture is correct. So, what must be concluded? It is that what Jesus has said in both instances is true and must be harmonized. When Jesus said "he that believes and is baptized shall be saved" he included the fact that those who believe in him by doing what he commanded will live eternally even though presently he is in sin unto death. When the gospel is obeyed that one who obeys begins a life of bliss in Jesus and is promised eternal life. These verses do not contridict each other but when working together make a wonderful conclusion. You should be able to see this a cease your resistance of the facts.

In Christ,
JustAChristian

c.moore

hello Kevin
you said:This comaparison of Adam to Christ. Yes, it was by one Man's (Christ) obedience that many will made righteous. But they aren't going to have any righteousness unless they obey the gospel of Christ, and no it is WE who have to keep them, not Him. Are you trying to tell me that Christ keeps His own
commandments for us?

Quote c.moore
no, Jesus has already done the obedience for us and , yes I am trying to tell you what that verse said , and that is Christ kept His commandment for us He paid it all on the cross praise God, and because we are believers already , now, before even getting wet we are saved and washed before any baptisim by the blood that make us white as snow, and when we have repented we are instantly rightious saints of God.

Now when we talk about our christian walk , then the baptism is included, and witnessing, discipline, and teaching others after we are washed in the blood of Jesus.

Let me ask you what comes first the blood washing of Jesus or the water washing of getting your body wet???

What washes our sins away the water or the Blood of Jesus???

You even said you would want you sins taken away instantly, and doesn`t the blood of Christ , and repentance be enough to clean you righteous , and your name be in the book of life???

Do I drive my car before I start it , is this what you are teaching????

God Bless

c.moore

Originally posted by rene
" I curse you in the Name of Jesus, Kevin. I pray destruction upon your mental life until you repent of your heresy. God will get your attention--one way or another, trust me."

Gal 6:7 You cannot fool God, so don't make a fool of yourself! You will harvest what you plant.

My God have mercy!

Kevin can`t help it and at one poit Paul was killing christians and thought he was doing God commandments, but he was decieved and that same spirit is also on Kevin so he is cursing himself, don`t curse him , pray for God to take the blind fold from his heart and pray that God will give him a heart after God spirit and understanding,and specially a spirit of meekness.

I seen this same spirit in the muslims specially when you tell them about the Son of God , they can twist the truth to prove Jesus is not the Son of God biblically , but this is a demonic religious spirit .

I think this is my brother freak patient, because freak has a powerful gift to cast out demons even out of religious christians.

I know how you might feel about Kevin but gentleness and love will win kevin to have a sound spiritual mind of Christ, and a powerful man of God.

So please hold your mules.

Eph:6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The bible say`s bless your enemies don`t curse them , and if Kevin is adding to the bible Jesus will let the curse come on him according to Re:22:18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Check this verse out and maybe this will help you understand how to act against people like Kevin .
1Tm:6:3: If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Tm:6:4: He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
1Tm:6:5: Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

God Bless

rene

If you notice, I used quotation marks. It was a quote from "Freak". He made several such 'proclamations' - all along the same line. "Freak" was directing those words towards Kevin.

I quoted scripture back at his rather - shall we say 'rude' words.

rene

1Tm:6:3: If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Tm:6:4: He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
1Tm:6:5: Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Considering this scripture - why is it that so many have a problem with these words that are spoken by Jesus?

Mat 28:19 Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20 and teach them to do everything I have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world.

Notice how Jesus taught that they are to baptize?

Notice next the first time that the apostles went out to teach as Jesus told them after the first coming of the Holy Spirit within believers:

Act 2:38 Peter said, "Turn back to God! Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins will be forgiven. Then you will be given the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 This promise is for you and your children. It is for everyone our Lord God will choose, no matter where they live."
Act 2:40 Peter told them many other things as well. Then he said, "I beg you to save yourselves from what will happen to all these evil people."
Act 2:41 On that day about three thousand believed his message and were baptized.
Act 2:42 They spent their time learning from the apostles, and they were like family to each other. They also broke bread and prayed together.

How different is the doctrine that some suggest vs what is seen clearly within the bible.

rene

You know Kevin - it would be one thing if what the guy wrote reflected what is within the bible. But with his pick and choose approach (while ignoring other verses totally) - - shows better than anything that you indeed have nothing to worry about. His words are just that - his words.

God bless you as you continue to point towards the scriptures the truth that is found within. He can ignore them - he can hide from making reply to them - but the truth is still the truth and still within the verses that he makes the choice to ignore.

Kevin

c.moore,

no, Jesus has already done the obedience for us and , yes I am trying to tell you what that verse said , and that is Christ kept His commandment for us He paid it all on the cross praise God,

Christ lived a perfect obedient, sinless life before His Father, and was therefore an acceptable sacrifice to bear the sins of the world and give the hope of salvation through Him. That I will agree with. It was because of His obedience to the Father that salavation was made possible.

But even after that, Christ expects US to keep His commandments. Just look at the Great Commission:

Mat 28:19-20 (MKJV)
19) Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20) teaching THEM to observe all things, whatever I commanded you. And, behold, I am with you all the days until the end of the world. Amen.

Christ does indeed expect US to keep His commandments. Christ told His apostles to teach PEOPLE to keep His commandments, not Himself. If Christ kept His commandments for us, the once one obeyed the gospel, it would be impossible for them to lose their salvation... because Christ would be keeping His commandments for them and Christ is perfect. That would make OSAS true, which is not true at all:

James 5:19-20 (MJKV)
19) Brothers, if anyone among you err from the truth, and if anyone turns him back,
20) know that he who turns back the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

It would be impossible for a brother to "err" from the truth if Christ kept our commandments, but James clearly shows that it is possible.

Also, consider the words of Paul:

1 Cor. 7:19 (NKJ)
19) Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

Why would Paul tell the Corinthians that keeping the commandments of God is what matters if Christ kept them for them? There would be NO need for Paul to say anything.

We may have the Holy Spirit guiding our lives, but we can certainly not listen to Him and it is OUR responsibility to observed His commandments.

before even getting wet we are saved and washed before any baptisim by the blood that make us white as snow

If we were washed of ours sins BEFORE baptism, then why did Peter tell the Jews in Acts 2:38 to be baptized for the remission of sins AFTER they believed?

Let me ask you what comes first the blood washing of Jesus or the water washing of getting your body wet???

Christ has already shed His blood so that our sins can be forgiven over 2000 years ago. Forgiveness of sins has since then been made available to all mankind. However, only those who do what Christ commanded for the remission of sins would be washed clean by His blood (otherwise everybody would have their sins forgiven for doing nothing).

I've already tried to explain to you in times past that baptism is FOR the remission of sins. The is the avenue that God provided for us to have our sins forgiven, which is exactly why Peter commanded the Jews to be baptized for the remission of sins. Baptism is an act obedience that is done for the remission of sins. Acts 2:38 and Romans 6 make that quite clear.

By obeying this commandment, we are washed by the blood of Jesus, because we have obeyed what Christ commanded for the remission of sins. When Christ tells us what to do in order to have our sins forgiven, if we don't do it, our sins will NOT be forgiven.... it's that simple. Just why do you think that Christ commanded baptism?

What washes our sins away the water or the Blood of Jesus???

See above.

You even said you would want you sins taken away instantly, and doesn`t the blood of Christ , and repentance be enough to clean you righteous , and your name be in the book of life???

See above.

Do I drive my car before I start it , is this what you are teaching????

I have never taught in that manner. I've already showed you in times past how rediculous that would be. As I've said before, if I taught in that manner, that would mean that I would approach a person and tell him to be baptized. Can you even imagine a person going up to somebody and the first thing he says is "Hey, I need to baptize you! Can I?" Absurd. That would be what I would tell people if I taught that way. That just doesn't make ANY sense.

First I would tell them about Christ, and if they believed, I would have them baptized for the remission of their sins, just as it happened in the first recorded gospel sermon in Acts 2. Belief came first in Acts 2, and that's the only logical way to approach it. People won't get baptized into somebody they've never heard of!! They would first have to hear and believe, just as in Acts 2.

Last edited:

Kevin

Francisco

PS - You forwarded a prayer request to me a couple months ago from a friend whose wife was just diagnosed with cancer. Any update on her condition?

No, I haven't heard anything on her condition. All I know is that it's on God's hands. You're a good man, Francisco.

Kevin

Rene,

You know Kevin - it would be one thing if what the guy wrote reflected what is within the bible. But with his pick and choose approach (while ignoring other verses totally) - - shows better than anything that you indeed have nothing to worry about. His words are just that - his words.

Heh... yeah.. I'm certainly not worried about Freak's request to God to curse me. As you've pointed out, he picks and chooses verses and builds an entire doctrine while ignoring the counsel of other scriptures which deal with salvation. The truth can answer anything. The fact that he ignores certain scriptures and agruments shows me that he doesn't have the truth. If he had it, there would be no need for him to play his usual game of dodge scriptures and arguments. I doubt God will listen to such a person who asks Him to curse somebody. :)

God bless you as you continue to point towards the scriptures the truth that is found within. He can ignore them - he can hide from making reply to them - but the truth is still the truth and still within the verses that he makes the choice to ignore.

Amen to that, Sister... and God bless you too. :up: