The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

Kevin

I appreciate your understanding.

I appreciate your understanding.

Craig,

Thanks for your understanding. I have a hard time balancing things. Family + debating online = very hard balance to find.

Kevin

Don't be decieved...

Don't be decieved...

c.moore,

I'm departing debating for reasons stated above, and nothing more. I can assure you that's it's not because I can't answer issues.

c.moore

Re: Don't be decieved...

Re: Don't be decieved...

Originally posted by Kevin
c.moore,

I'm departing debating for reasons stated above, and nothing more. I can assure you that's it's not because I can't answer issues.

OH!;)

geralduk

to those who seek to be JUSTYFIED by theirr works and seek to establish then thier OWN rightousness rather than Gods.
It is VITAL that they get the 'FORMULA' right,or else the RITUAL will not do the 'job' and so they MAJOR on the FORMULA of in whos name we are baptised in.
the FATHER or the Son or the Holy Ghost or all three and interminable aRGUMENTS to the DETREMENT of faith is the consequence.
But as always if you ACT in the FLESH you will ALWAYS strive.
bUT TO BE BAPTISED in the "name of.." is not a FORMULA but a LEGAL AUTHORITY.
For the ACT of baptism does not CHANGE or SAVE ANYBODY.
For being baptised is but the COMFORMING of the BODY to that which God has ALREADY WROUGHT in the HEART.
Jesus was baptised that He might fullfill ALL rightousness.
If then He means ALL then we must understand in the LIGHT of Pauls letters that there are TWO forms of RIGHTOUSNESS.
The ONE by the LAW.
The other "NOT of the LAW"
Now it is and was established by PAUL by the scriptures that NO man IS justyufied BY the LAW.
AND IF WE SEEK TO BE we will not be justyfied by it but CONDEMNED.
But Christ FULLFILLED the LAW and was without SIN.
and so being baptised FULLFILLED THAT part which the LAW required.
But also fullfiled the LAW of Christ and the Son of God who SUBMITS Himself gladly and willingly to the FATHER and the WILL of God.
So in that He fuillfilled the \LAW he was RIGHTOUS.
in that He submitted His BODY to the WILL of God His FATHER to FULLFILL that will "even the death on the cross"
He was RIGHTOUS and COUNTED so by His Father in whom He was well pleased.
Therefore seeing then that we are no longer under the LAW but FREE sons of God we then fullfuill the LAW and comandment of Chruist who is IN us ALREADY by faith being NOW sons.
For is it not written?
"As the FATHER sent Me so send I you"
Then as OBEDIENT sons we then WALK in the WAY of FREEBORN SONS and WILLINGLY AND FREELY present our bodies a living sacrafice to God which is our reasonable service.
Even as He did.
Now not unto salvation but that RIGHTOUSNESS might be fullfilled.
Not of the LAW but of FAITH that cometh not by the law.
For we aer SAVED by the WORK of Christ the Son;according to the WILL of God the FATHER and by the POWER of the HOLY GHOST.
and in truth ALL we do should be ALWAYS as unto the LORD and in the lords name.
So that as it is written when we get baptised even as HE WAS it is INTO His death OR MADE comformable to it.
and by so doing OUTWARDLY TESTYFY to the truth that we ARE sons of God and from THAT moment on are on this easrth not to do our own will but His who saved us.
So we are baptised by the WILL of God according to the LAW OF CHRIST who is IN us and aby the POWER of the Holy Spirit.
and even as He was so baptised by another so are we.
But even as He was baptises in WATER by men so He too was baptised iin the HOLY SPIRIT by God.
So it is that when we OBEY God in RIGHTOUSNESS and not FOR IT we too are BLESSED even as He was and God as it were acknowledges us openly with the baptism of the Holy Spirit even as we declare Him openly.
For to make anotehr 'argument' to show the FOOLISHNESS of believeing we MUST BE BAPTISED to be saved thus making it a work.
Then it folows then we can EARN the baptism of the Holy Spirit also!
But it si written it is "the GIFT of the Holy Spirit" even as our SALVATION is not odf works but by grace through faith and THAT tioo not of ourselves but ALSO is a GIFT of God.
But while you ALLOW yourselves to be embrolied in futile vain debates on baptism you faith SUFFERS and you do not "GO ON"
For Paul speaks that BAPTISM is but the MILK of the WORD and those who are still debating and needing to be taught are in DANGER.
for they should be now TEACHERS of the BASICS not needing the milk still.
But we are "to GO ONTO PERFECTION"
So get it settled!
was it not a prophet who wass told that if he saw elijah ascend up to heaven he was would recieve that which HE ASKED?
But when you read the account you find that there were others who souhgt to detain in him talk and debate.
and if he had let himself be so drawn away he would not have got there on time and so would not have recieved the promise.
There are MANY who lead all things BACK to baptism.Why?
because they are seeking to establish themsleves by it and need always CONFIRMATION of it from others and by thiwer own arguments.
But it is GOD who establishes us.
So if we wou,d seek to recieve the promise we must GO ON.

Last edited:

Freak

Geralduk you said:

Good question. I thought it all should lead back to Jesus, the author & finisher of our faith.

JustAChristian

Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

Originally posted by Freak
Geralduk you said:

Good question. I thought it all should lead back to Jesus, the author & finisher of our faith.

Any statement concerning salvation is conditioned on commands which originated in the mind of God. Scriptural baptism is a statement concerning salvation and is a commanded operation of God which originated in the mind of God; therefore among all statements concerning salvation is scriptural baptism and by virtue of originating from the mind of God, and not from the mind of man, is essential to our salvation in that a failure to comply with this simple act clearly demonstrates a lack of faith in His promises. Be baptized for the remission of sin for the is God's duty for man (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38).

JustAChristian

The works of God which we do by faith are not of ourselves, they are of God. We cannot boast about keeping God's commandments and still keep them (this is an oxymoron). Again, when we read on we find that the very purpose of this admonition is to prompt us to walk in the works of God (Eph. 2:10): "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Freak

Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

Originally posted by JustAChristian
(Eph. 2:10): "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Good works like water baptism doesn't save however.

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

Good works like water baptism doesn't save however.

Selective righteousness will not save but obedience of faith will.

JustAChristian :angel:

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

Selective righteousness will not save but obedience of faith will.

God's Word tells us:

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

In Him not in water.....

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins.

God's Word tells us:

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

In Him not in water.....

Freak,
How do you get in Him? Could it be via baptism?

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." (Galatians 3:26-27 AV)

O, how easy it becomes when you let the scriptures speak to you.

JustAChristian!
:angel:

Isn't it at the time that we are baptized that we receive the Spirit? (Acts 2:38)

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

WOW!!! It's just too simple to miss!

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of si

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of si

Freak,
How do you get in Him?

Through faith.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission o

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission o

Through faith.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

Be more specific. How do you get into Christ through faith? Here, let me help you...

"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." (Gal. 3:27)

JustAChristian

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Acts 8:37
And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 8:38
And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Acts 9:18
And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Acts 16:15
And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Acts 16:32
And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

Acts 16:33
And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Colossians 2:10
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11
In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1 Peter 3:21
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remissi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remissi

Be more specific. How do you get into Christ through faith?

Having believed---will result in you being "marked in Him."

Fairly simple!

PaladInChrist

Re: The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved!

Re: The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved!

This pawn of Satan embraces and promotes a doctrine that will lead many to eternal hell.

"For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you." - Matthew 7:2

Salvation is by faith and faith alone. Baptism is not a requirement!

"See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." - James 2:24

It seems that you, Freak, are the one not being Biblical.

Freak

Re: Re: The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved!

Re: Re: The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved!

Originally posted by PaladInChrist
"
It seems that you, Freak, are the one not being Biblical.

Please tell me why did Paul tell us:

Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

PaladInChrist

Please tell me why did Paul tell us:

Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Because the Jewish Law was no longer binding for righteousness.

Freak

Originally posted by PaladInChrist
Because the Jewish Law was no longer binding for righteousness.

And we are justified how? By faith?

Look here:

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

PaladInChrist

And we are justified how? By faith?

We are justified by grace through faith working in love...

God gives the grace to believe and some accept this gift, so their salvation is made possible only by grace:

"But to those who did accept him he gave power to become children of God, to those who believe in his name, who were born not by natural generation nor by human choice nor by a man's decision but of God." - John 1:12-13

God loves the world and saves those that believe, through faith:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life." - John 3:16

"This is good and pleasing to God our savior, who wills everyone to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth." - 1 Timothy 2:3-4

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men" - Titus 2:11

God says true belief is doing what he says, which is working in love:

"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I command?" - Luke 6:46

"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you." - John 15:12

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the rem

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the rem

Having believed---will result in you being "marked in Him."

Fairly simple!

Again, I ask you to be more specific. What do you mean "having believed?" Is this a work on your part or a work of God ?(John 6:29). If it is a work of God, by doing it do you obey God or man? Is repentence a work of God also? If not, why not. Is repentance essential to believing? I am simplying asking if someone can believe in Christ, have no intention of repenting of sins and still be saved? Peter did say to repent and be baptized, didn't he? If repentence is essential to salvation, and is a work of God, as I am sure you would accept, when coupled with baptism (Acts 2:38), would this make baptism a work of God also. Wouldn't it seem rediculous that Peter would require a Godly work and a human work in order to receive remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit. However, this is the conclusion you are forced to make if you say baptism is a human work.

You cite Ephesians 1:13 as you proof text that baptism is not essential to salvation, but "having believed" must include baptism as well as repentence else baptism is an act that requires no faith in the end result. It is a faithless act subject to the judgment of the Lord. Peter, however says that baptism saves (1 Peter 3:21) so it can not be a faithless act, can it. Therefore, if we do not believe it to be a Godly act and essential to salvation we judge the Lord as a false teacher, for He said, "He that believes and is baptized shall be saved" (Mark 16:16. You need to reconsider you position on baptism. It is included in the act of believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have OBEYED FROM THE HEART that form of doctrine which was delivered you. BEING THEN MADE FREE from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. (Romans 6:15-18 AV)