The Happy Cetacean

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyCetacean

Hello everybody,

I am new to this board. I found this board today from another site that had linked to a quote from this one that was comical.

1. I am an atheist. Plain and simple.

2. I am pro-science, pro-intelligence, pro-rationality, pro-logical thinking, and pro-evidence based medicine.

3. I have a deep understanding and admiration for science.

4. I do not believe in anything supernatural and I believe everything that is real is present as it is in the natural world and can be observed and eventually understood. I have no need for gods, spirits, ghosts, angels, souls, and other imaginary beings. However, I am an open minded person and I am willing to look at the evidence for the existence of such entities.

So why did I join the Theology Forum? Mainly to learn, debate, and have fun. If one wants to learn about her opponents, then she has to go where they are. This forum is like a big pond stocked with religious fish which I can observe, and maybe even fillet on occassion.

Thanks,

- HC

p.s. Cetacean (pronounced Sit-Ation) is the order of animals that includes whales, dolphins, porpoises, etc. They are mammals that evolved over the past 50 million years ago from land based mammals that took to the water.

bucksplasher

Whales

Whales

Hello everybody,

I am new to this board. I found this board today from another site that had linked to a quote from this one that was comical.

2. I am pro-science, pro-intelligence, pro-rationality, pro-logical thinking, and pro-evidence based medicine.

4. I do not believe in anything supernatural and I believe everything that is real is present as it is in the natural world and can be observed and eventually understood. I have no need for gods, spirits, ghosts, angels, souls, and other imaginary beings. However, I am an open minded person and I am willing to look at the evidence for the existence of such entities.

So why did I join the Theology Forum? Mainly to learn, debate, and have fun. If one wants to learn about her opponents, then she has to go where they are. This forum is like a big pond stocked with religious fish which I can observe, and maybe even fillet on occassion.

Thanks,

- HC

p.s. Cetacean (pronounced Sit-Ation) is the order of animals that includes whales, dolphins, porpoises, etc. They are mammals that evolved over the past 50 million years ago from land based mammals that took to the water.

you might find a tad hard to fillet.

Let's all hope for your sake there isn't a future gnashing and wailing of teeth. tWINs

PS Welcome to the board.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi. Can you explain with observation why the universe is expanding?

HappyCetacean

There are some TOL quotes on FSTDT again? Those would be the first since 2006, I think!

Yep, that's how I found you guys. But what was good that there are a number of atheists on this board and they are well tolerated by the majority. So I thought I'd hang here for a while and see what's up.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Isn't that a bit redundant?

Me too.

I'm sure science loves you as well. :up:

Mr. Krabs is one of my favorite Spongebob characters, were you aware his daughter is a whale?. :idunno:

Welcome to the "big show".

Sweet Pea

Hey, welcome to the board, HC. I'm an agnostic Unitarian Universalist who shares your respect and admiration for science.

~SP

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I do not believe in anything supernatural...

I believe everything that is real is present as it is in the natural world...

I have no need for gods, spirits, ghosts, angels, souls, and other imaginary beings.

...I am an open minded person.

:rotfl:

Welcome to TOL. I think you're going to be a great deal of fun. :e4e:

4string

Hey HC, welcome to TOL. I was thinking of starting a betting pool for how long it is until someone makes a "so long and thanks for all the fish" joke... you in?

HappyCetacean

Hey HC, welcome to TOL. I was thinking of starting a betting pool for how long it is until someone makes a "so long and thanks for all the fish" joke... you in?

I am surprised I have not been asked to tone it down as of yet....I may be getting the "so long..." talk fairly soon. :)

assuranceagent

I am surprised I have not been asked to tone it down as of yet....I may be getting the "so long..." talk fairly soon. :)

This isn't a 'tone it down' kind of place. In fact, TOL rather enjoys such highly intelligent, rational and yet humble folks as yourself.

Or at least I know I do. ;)

So welcome aboard. Here's to 'filets' in whatever flavor they may present themselves :cheers:

HappyCetacean

This isn't a 'tone it down' kind of place. In fact, TOL rather enjoys such highly intelligent, rational and yet humble folks as yourself.

Or at least I know I do. ;)

So welcome aboard. Here's to 'filets' in whatever flavor they may present themselves :cheers:

Cheers!

:cheers:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello everybody,

Thanks,

- HC

Well.. at least you've got one thing going for you ...

Welcome to TOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.