The Great Debate

The Great Debate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rexlunae

What answer? The part about how certain states simply have different views on gun control (or something to that effect)?

Mostly this:

As the senator from a rural state, what I can tell Secretary Clinton is that all the shouting in the world is not gonna do what I would hope all of us want, which is to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have those guns, and end this horrible violence that we are seeing. I believe that there is a consensus in this country. A consensus that says we need to strengthen and expand instant background checks, do away with this gun show loophole, that we have to address the issue of mental health, that we have to deal with the straw-man purchasing issue, and that when we develop that consensus we can finally do something.

That's pretty weak. He was in the US Senate, and he was voting on national legislation. He has a duty to represent his state, but at the same time, he has to stand behind that if he's going to do it, not just drop it for political expediency. I actually wish he would have a moment of reckoning on this issue, and acknowledge a mistake. Maybe he doesn't want to be seen as flip-flopping, but I think it's reasonable to change your position on something like this in light of all the gun violence that we see.

There was more to his discussion, but that was what I took from it.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics...ary-clinton-clash-over-guns-democratic-debate

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Mostly this:

As the senator from a rural state, what I can tell Secretary Clinton is that all the shouting in the world is not gonna do what I would hope all of us want, which is to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have those guns, and end this horrible violence that we are seeing. I believe that there is a consensus in this country. A consensus that says we need to strengthen and expand instant background checks, do away with this gun show loophole, that we have to address the issue of mental health, that we have to deal with the straw-man purchasing issue, and that when we develop that consensus we can finally do something.

That's pretty weak. He was in the US Senate, and he was voting on national legislation. He has a duty to represent his state, but at the same time, he has to stand behind that if he's going to do it, not just drop it for political expediency. I actually wish he would have a moment of reckoning on this issue, and acknowledge a mistake. Maybe he doesn't want to be seen as flip-flopping, but I think it's reasonable to change your position on something like this in light of all the gun violence that we see.

There was more to his discussion, but that was what I took from it.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics...ary-clinton-clash-over-guns-democratic-debate

What was his mistake?

On what could he change his mind that would prevent the recent violence we've seen?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Rand Paul has a good tax plan that balances the budget in 5 years !!

No payroll tax with home mortgage and charity deductions allowed