The Gospel Of Thomas

This Charming Manc

oh give over ... spt trying to appear more clever than a you are and go find some basic plain scriptural truth to embrace.

As I said before; The wicked flee when none pursue. Take your straw man and go back to your religion.

Nobody here is defending this text or claiming that the Apostle Thomas wrote it. Or, show me! Or, show me how discussing these things is harmful.

Thanks again for allowing me the opportunity to vent a little steam. I have been holding it in for a while now. Do what you are doing, we all want to see it. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed.

unknown

oh give over ... spt trying to appear more clever than a you are and go find some basic plain scriptural truth to embrace.
Have you read my testimony? If so what did you think of it? Not much, obviously. Why was my testimony true when I labeled myself Christian and not now?

Had you done what Jesus said to do you would not be in a church either.

John 15:15
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Jesus is my friend, He taught me about His Father, then He set me free. What are we talking about? Jesus sent his disciples out and when HE did they were no longer students. Stay in your church Christian, stay there until you learn to do what Jesus taught.

Thank you again for another opportunity.

This Charming Manc

Do you know how to disagree with someone without personally attacking them and trying to come over superior ?

I haven't read your testimony, from your comments on here, you haven't made it seem a valuable use of my time.

Also you haven't convinced me you have any special revelation from Jesus.

Have you read my testimony? If so what did you think of it? Not much, obviously. Why was my testimony true when I labeled myself Christian and not now?

Had you done what Jesus said to do you would not be in a church either.

John 15:15
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Jesus is my friend, He taught me about His Father, then He set me free. What are we talking about? Jesus sent his disciples out and when HE did they were no longer students. Stay in your church Christian, stay there until you learn to do what Jesus taught.

Thank you again for another opportunity.

unknown

Do you know how to disagree with someone without personally attacking them and trying to come over superior ?

I haven't read your testimony, from your comments on here, you haven't made it seem a valuable use of my time.

I'm not trying to shove my beliefs down anybody's throat. Joe and I wanted to discuss this text so I started a thread. Joe had said he thought I was smart and wanted to learn more. How can I refuse that? Make whatever other assumptiions you will. All will be revealed.

If you think I come over as superior, I'd say that also is a personal problem. Why do you feel threatened by the ego of another? I know why but it's a long story.

I see it as a way to get rid of some people quicker, if it works. Give back what they are giving and you may see they really didn't like it after all. I think you enjoy what you are doing so you want to do it to me and I am willing, if that's really what you want. nanner nanner nanner! LOL!!!

If you don't like bitter, don't bring it to the table, I don't enjoy it either.
(well, maybe a little for a change from time to time). Thanks again for keeping me occupied this morning. The ground is soaked and its cold outside.

Add:
Almost forgot, No I don't don't proclaim the Gospel of Paul. I am in agreement with meshak, as simple as she is about it, that we should follow the example Jesus set (whatever you conceive that to be). If you ain't doing what He taught, you're doing it wrong. Jesus was a teacher not God. God sent Him, as He sent others.

One thing Jesus taught the disciples was to shake off the dust from their shoes from those whom you are not at peace with. I seem offended, but it's only a front; I've been fighting the VA and doctors for 14 years, I have a way to shut many of them up quickly when I see them going down the same dead end. When they run out of dead ends, they have to deal with the real problem. It's just second nature to me now to not take any crap from those that fling it. (oops, there I go again....)

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm not trying to shove my beliefs down anybody's throat. Joe and I wanted to discuss this text so I started a thread. Joe had said he thought I was smart and wanted to learn more. How can I refuse that? Make whatever other assumptiions you will. All will be revealed.

If you think I come over as superior, I'd say that also is a personal problem. Why do you feel threatened by the ego of another? I know why but it's a long story.

I see it as a way to get rid of some people quicker, if it works. Give back what they are giving and you may see they really didn't like it after all. I think you enjoy what you are doing so you want to do it to me and I am willing, if that's really what you want. nanner nanner nanner! LOL!!!

If you don't like bitter, don't bring it to the table, I don't enjoy it either.
(well, maybe a little for a change from time to time). Thanks again for keeping me occupied this morning. The ground is soaked and its cold outside.

If you wanted a private chat then you have pms do you not? And why ask this in your op, if you wanted no other input?

I'm starting this thread due to a conversation in another thread. You're welcome to join in.

unknown

If you wanted a private chat then you have pms do you not? And why ask this in your op, if you wanted no other input?
you must assume then that nobody else was interested? Then why did you say in that same thread you would join us to discuss the man/woman thing? ya big dummie!

btw, I also get a kick out of your trashy women avatar and your proclamations that there is neither male nor female in Christ. Good show!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Small minds just talk about other people."

TH,

Does your life really suck that bad?

Get a life mainstreamer, this is the "And The Rest " forum. I didn't put this under religion for a reason, loser.

Idiot, I have been telling people for a long time how I use ignore. click the link and see what I said to Tambora and check the date you judgmental old bat .

Lord have mercy, how stupid are you?

ya big dummie!

your trashy women avatar

Wow what a small mind you have. Thanks for showing us what one looks like.

unknown

Why are you seeking "special" revelation from Jesus? Just do what He taught and it will be clearer to you. It's in red and white in your bible. Just do it, Christian. When you do (if you can) the truth will set you free. The truth is found in the OT and the teachings of Jesus. Jesus was explaining the OT to the people. why do you reject it? Did you not hear what He said?

I suppose it is much easier to blindly follow the pagan Roman traditions than it is to actually love others.

You will not find a "special" revelation, Just do it and The Creator (God) will do the rest.

unknown

Wow what a small mind you have. Thanks for showing us what one looks like.
The difference between talking about someone and talking to someone should be clear. Talking about someone means they are not there. You are here, I am talking to you, get it?

unknown

Now 5.

Jesus said, “Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you. For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest”.

I think this speaks of the Self and the Observer We all have.And I will wait for unknown to go further and I will think on it more before I add anything else.
This is being manifested as we engage in this thread. We are just examining what is in our sight. We have to or the hidden is not revealed.

Our differences cause us to take a harder look at what we believe. Has anybody here looked up any scripture to back up what they believe? It's all good. The universe is unfolding as it should.

just my penny's worth.

unknown

For the record

Sure as long as you add the part of Thomas that says a woman has to become a man to receive Eternal life - then explain it.

She invited herself by replying to my post to Joe. Now there's an example of talking "about" somebody, I am guilty as charged, it is intentional.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
For the record

She invited herself by replying to my post to Joe. Now there's an example of talking "about" somebody, I am guilty as charged, it is intentional.

I dont need to "invite" myself to a public thread on this site, nor does anyone else. If you want a closed discussion between you and one other person, you can pm them, talk to them between profile pages, or make a blog. If you don't like me responding to you or your threads, tough, actually use ignore then instead of saying im there while you talk to me :)

unknown

At A4T,

Your second neg rep dropped my total one point, Does that mean that one neg rep from you is only .5 points?

and i am not old, and have a beautiful avatar

did I hit a nerve?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
At A4T,

Your second neg rep dropped my total one point, Does that mean that one neg rep from you is only .5 points?

did I hit a nerve?

nope, just didnt think you knew - and where have you been, reps dont have the power they used to, anyones neg doesnt count for hardly anything except giving you a message, positive ones dont add much anymore either.

unknown

nope, just didnt think you knew - and where have you been, reps dont have the power they used to, anyones neg doesnt count for hardly anything except giving you a message, positive ones dont add much anymore either.
Yes I have been away. My post per day count is only 1.71 and that is up from 1.5 something a few days ago. Winter is almost over and I am glad I did not go over 2.0 this winter. Spring is here and it will drop again.

Add:
btw, while you were neg repping me, some of your adversaries have done the opposite. Thanks for the opportunity.

JosephR

I don't respect false gospels. never have, never will and I don't feel shy for saying it.

However I haven't been disrespectful to you. I have not called you a name, I haven't impugned your motives, or made unpleasant suggestions about why you have made certain comments.

I think you need to wake up and understand if you want to come on an orthodox christian theology forum and pushes heretical teachings and people will not disagree with you because its 'your thread' its time to wake up and get real.

The gospel of Thomas contains spiritual death and is an affront to Jesus. The apostles thought so, the early church thought so, the church through the ages thought so, and I don't think they got it wrong.

My words as said are the words of those that came before me, I am not stating simply my opinion, but the opinion of learned and godly men. Why is listening to such men egotism ?

I can, but i ask you to defend and explain them, and all you do is insult.

Tell me why you think the gospel of Thomas is from the apostle?

When the writing of the other apostles dent its gnostic philosophy, no early church fathers claim it as authoritative, others claim it was heretical, and its message is significantly different to the other 4 gospels?

If you want to claim something about this gospel defend it or shut up.

If I was wallowing in lies and BS id hope my friends would tell me the truth.

The apostles thought so? None of them were at the making of the cannon,, sigh

From everything I have read the main reason why this was not included is because it calls for a close personal relationship with God am no need for a Church to do that.. What that equates is money, no need for a church takes away money from the church... So the root of all evil is what took this book out of the runnin for the connon.

I believe it is a Holy book of Jesus teachings and so far in our study that has held true.

Posted from the TOL App!

JosephR

This is being manifested as we engage in this thread. We are just examining what is in our sight. We have to or the hidden is not revealed.

Our differences cause us to take a harder look at what we believe. Has anybody here looked up any scripture to back up what they believe? It's all good. The universe is unfolding as it should.

just my penny's worth.

Yes I think things are being revealed , as you say , if you want something it starts to manifest , I want knowledge . That's true. I also do the same as Manc in I defend the scripture when I see it being perverted... As I did with word sponge .

So I actually understand how Manc must feel, and also now how sponge must feel. I'm sure in everyone's mind they are right and justified.

Interesting how the Creator revealed Himself today:)

Ok I'll post 6 Ina few

Posted from the TOL App!

Last edited: