The existence of Satan makes no sense.

fcisd

I'm having a problem trying to believe in the existence of Satan for many reasons. It's like his existence logically contradicts the popular view of God being a just God.

Satan is believed to be a former high angel, who fell from heaven because he either hated Man, rebelled against God or both. Now, this world is a suffering world.. we die, there is pain, there is evil, the world is just damaged because sin entered it through Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve fell into the temptation of the Serpent, so the serpent is accepted to be Satan which means his fall pre dates the Garden of Eden.

So here is the problem, if this world became what it is because of Adam and Eve sinning, then why didn't heaven get the same results if the actual first sin was done in heaven - through Satan?

There is more to this question, but i'll just start off here because every religion forum i've been to can't answer this.

Truster

I'm having a problem trying to believe in the existence of Satan for many reasons. It's like his existence logically contradicts the popular view of God being a just God.

Satan is believed to be a former high angel, who fell from heaven because he either hated Man, rebelled against God or both. Now, this world is a suffering world.. we die, there is pain, there is evil, the world is just damaged because sin entered it through Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve fell into the temptation of the Serpent, so the serpent is accepted to be Satan which means his fall pre dates the Garden of Eden.

So here is the problem, if this world became what it is because of Adam and Eve sinning, then why didn't heaven get the same results if the actual first sin was done in heaven - through Satan?

There is more to this question, but i'll just start off here because every religion forum i've been to can't answer this.

Sovereign purpose.

badp

You're assuming that all angels have free will. If they don't, but perhaps Satan did, then his sin wouldn't have necessarily turned heaven upside down.

Adam and Eve on the other hand did have free will, and thus took the bait.

CherubRam

There is no such person as Satan. It is a parable for "adversary / opposition."

fcisd

You're assuming that all angels have free will. If they don't, but perhaps Satan did, then his sin wouldn't have necessarily turned heaven upside down.

Adam and Eve on the other hand did have free will, and thus took the bait.

So because of the fact Satan doesn't have free will that means Heaven can't get effected? So Satan was generally just created to become this evil entity?

Also, the whole "we all suffer because of adam and eve's sin" is really politically incorrect. Why are we condemned for the actions of Adam and Eve, we weren't in that garden.. that's like me going to a random white person and condemning him because his ancestors committed murder.

fcisd

There is no such person as Satan. It is a parable for "adversary / opposition."

I do conclude that he doesn't exist and is just a metaphor.. but allot of Christians in every denomination views him to be real. Every single negative event such as the shootings, isis terrorism, Nazi's etc are commented as the works of the "enemy". I find that very unintelligent. If Satan does exist, mankind has blown him out of the water as the most evil a LONG time ago. And if he was cast down for hating man, who can blame him?

fcisd

The Sovereign purpose in the will of the Eternal Almighty in the revelation of Himself.

But what does that have to do with what i asked? So this whole thing about us in this suffering world regardless of not being the only world that had sin enter it, is just a revelation of himself?

quip

BANNED
Banned
if this world became what it is because of Adam and Eve sinning, then why didn't heaven get the same results if the actual first sin was done in heaven - through Satan?

There's no difference between the two. Isaiah 45:7

Truster

But what does that have to do with what i asked? So this whole thing about us in this suffering world regardless of not being the only world that had sin enter it, is just a revelation of himself?

He works all things according to His good purpose. When the angels fell only those that had been created mutable fell. When sin entered the world through one man it had already been determined, before the creation of the world, who out of the entire population would be saved.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Why would God punish righteous angels?

You were the anointed cherub who covers, I established you. You were on the holy mountain of God, you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.

You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you. (Ezekiel 28:14-15 NKJV)​

badp

So because of the fact Satan doesn't have free will that means Heaven can't get effected? So Satan was generally just created to become this evil entity?

No, but God obviously gave him a choice, and Satan chose rebellion.

Also, the whole "we all suffer because of adam and eve's sin" is really politically incorrect. Why are we condemned for the actions of Adam and Eve, we weren't in that garden.. that's like me going to a random white person and condemning him because his ancestors committed murder.

We're condemned for our own actions. When a baby dies, God doesn't condemn the baby to hell because Adam sinned.

Derf

We're condemned for our own actions. When a baby dies, God doesn't condemn the baby to hell because Adam sinned.

"When a baby dies"??? Why would a baby die? Why would anyone die?

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. Rom 5:14

So whether baby or not, death started at Adam, due to his sin, and continued, even though the law wasn't here yet.

You seem to be worrying about hell, but maybe you should be concerned about death. Just a thought.:think:

badp

"When a baby dies"??? Why would a baby die? Why would anyone die?

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. Rom 5:14

So whether baby or not, death started at Adam, due to his sin, and continued, even though the law wasn't here yet.

You seem to be worrying about hell, but maybe you should be concerned about death. Just a thought.:think:

You just answered your own question.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I do conclude that he doesn't exist and is just a metaphor.. but allot of Christians in every denomination views him to be real. Every single negative event such as the shootings, isis terrorism, Nazi's etc are commented as the works of the "enemy". I find that very unintelligent. If Satan does exist, mankind has blown him out of the water as the most evil a LONG time ago. And if he was cast down for hating man, who can blame him?

he is real - Revelation 20:10 KJV -

ttruscott

Ummm, but it did, no?

Heaven = the garden. The sin of the angels had them thrown out of heaven into the earth. The sin of Adam and Eve had them thrown out of the garden into the earth.

They were both thrown into the same existence because if the judgment against the Satanic had happened before Adam and Eve (and all they symbolized) were holy, they too would have been condemned with the satanic (lest they be uprooted too, parable of the good seed).

No sin was allowed to stay in heaven; no sin was allowed to stay in the garden. Our lives of suffering and death are restricted to Prison Earth and our hope is in the rehab centre of the Christian gospel inside the prison.